The thread about nothing

I wish Riff Raff starts doing collabos with [much] better artists than the ones he usually does, cause his producers hook him up more often than not. But then Lil Debbie, Kid Sister, and all these other awful no rapping rappers kill the entire song. If he's not doing tracks with better artists, I rather he stick to the songs by himself, or just Ghetty & Dolla Bill Gates.

im riffs corner but i feel you on him doing collabs w/ crappy rappers, but most of the time when he is paired w/ a decent mc his shortcomings become apparent. riff gets by on personality, image and saying outlandish ****. plus i don't think rappers that take rapping seriously want to f w/ him. him and tko capone could have been the new paul wall and chamillionaire tho. but riff seems to change allegiances from quarter to quarter.

Yo...TKO Capone is complete comedy :rofl: I do see where you got the Paul Wall/Cham comparison though. You're also right about the trap stuff he raps over vs when he's just rapping about a bunch of random stuff. I think "Stacy's Secret Room" and "Snow White & The 7 Grams" are my favorite songs from him.

I'm listening to Stoned Immaculate :wow: why did I sleep on this, **** is fireee

That SN to post :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
ive always liked producers that rapped

pete rock
alc
kanye
dilla
rza
dre
roc marci
eric sermon
dj quik
:smokin

i love hip hop, what other genre could take a song that has 150k views and flip it to make a song that has 5 mil +?

views don't mean **** to me, but you get my point.

Last edited:
Anyone point me in the direction of a real DJ that actually mixes tracks not just puts different tracks on a CD. I'm talking about blends, transitions, cuts and the whole nine.

i would like to know too, the only dj's that do all that, that i know of are underground dj's. and they haven't put out anything in a while as far as i know. like babu, j-rocc, js-1, 3rd rail, eclipse etc. i would love to hear a mixtape w/ newer songs that has scratching, is blended and has cuts/chops
Man growing up these kind of Mixtapes where everywhere .. nowadays not so much 
frown.gif

Need some help looking for a music video.

I think it was Evidence, not sure if it was a song with DP though.

Music video was basically people just holding poster boards with words on them, and they'd switch it up every couple seconds.

nvm :lol:

Last edited:
Need some help looking for a music video.

I think it was Evidence, not sure if it was a song with DP though.
Music video was basically people just holding poster boards with words on them, and they'd switch it up every couple seconds.
nvm :lol:

Man i was jammin that song (w/ some other Ev songs) hard in 09 :lol: Was that particular song either "The Far Left" or "Chase The Clouds Away"?

These are pretty dope. Ras Kass has ran into the same problem as Nas & Joe Budden over the years as far as production goes, so it's always nice to hear him on some good beats.

Don't forget when Game and Ras Kass were beefin' and Ras dropped that terrible terrible terrible terrible diss track and pretty much fell off the face of the earth.

I remember that track, the way Game's lyrics were cut and pasted together :x :lol:

Last edited:
cant believe im saying this, but do yourself a favor and dl ice burgady's rhythm n burgandy

Last edited:
i just found and love this thread... so many cool ideas. I got a question (concerning hip hop lovers)- how long if ever do you think it will take the mainstream public to get over all this nonsense rap and want something more out of music? i personally believe people do want more and we are just being force fed all this bull. and 2nd question- What artists do you think are leading the way towards doper more meaniful hip hop? I say Macklemore, J cole, Kendrick, and logic just to name a few.

i just found and love this thread... so many cool ideas. I got a question (concerning hip hop lovers)- how long if ever do you think it will take the mainstream public to get over all this nonsense rap and want something more out of music? i personally believe people do want more and we are just being force fed all this bull. and 2nd question- What artists do you think are leading the way towards doper more meaniful hip hop? I say Macklemore, J cole, Kendrick, and logic just to name a few.

to answer your first question, it will most likely never happen. it would require a huge change either w/ the economy or politics for that to happen. the times dictate the music and right now its all about instant gratification and fun times. that type of music works w/ those things. they are being fed garbage, but they like it. folks know there are alternatives to the radio, they either don't care or don't want to put in work to find it (its just music after all, to them)

and while i agree w/ you that there needs to be some kind of balance presented to the public, instead of gold and champagne type music 100% of the time. to be honest most of the artists that are towing the "conscious" line don't make music that is easily embraced by the public (either its too wordy, boring beats, "strange" image). another problem w/ the "conscious" set is that they feel the need to beat you over the head w/ the message instead of focusing on making jamming *** tunes. if someone came out rapping like gucci over zay or luger beats while saying something that means something they could win.

to answer your second questions some other artists that i think fit in the category you are talking about are: bambu, immortal technique, killer mike, and lecrae just to name a few. as a matter of fact do yourself a favor and get killer mike's R.A.P. album if you want the soundtrack to the revolution.

and not to rain on your parade but that macklemore cat is basura.

Back
Top Bottom