The thread about nothing

Anyone point me in the direction of a real DJ that actually mixes tracks not just puts different tracks on a CD. I'm talking about blends, transitions, cuts and the whole nine.

i would like to know too, the only dj's that do all that, that i know of are underground dj's. and they haven't put out anything in a while as far as i know. like babu, j-rocc, js-1, 3rd rail, eclipse etc. i would love to hear a mixtape w/ newer songs that has scratching, is blended and has cuts/chops
Man growing up these kind of Mixtapes where everywhere .. nowadays not so much :frown:

Mick Boogie does alot of blends.

On this topic, anybody remember the X-Ecutioners?

90'S Mixtapes. Dj's actually mixed.. here is 3 for example. i know there was tons of em just picked 3 from my area 

Last edited:
I mentioned this before, but I'm highly amused that nicki minaj basically released the same album 3 times, plus or minus a couple tracks. That has to be some type of record.

I mentioned this before, but I'm highly amused that nicki minaj basically released the same album 3 times, plus or minus a couple tracks. That has to be some type of record.
She running out of Re's to add to that title

Pink Friday

Pink Friday Roman Reloaded

Pink Friday Roman Reloaded The Re-up

Pink Friday Roman Reloaded The Re-up, Revenge?

Pink Friday Roman Reloaded The Re-up, Revenge, Remix?

Last edited:
to answer your first question, it will most likely never happen. it would require a huge change either w/ the economy or politics for that to happen. the times dictate the music and right now its all about instant gratification and fun times. that type of music works w/ those things. they are being fed garbage, but they like it. folks know there are alternatives to the radio, they either don't care or don't want to put in work to find it (its just music after all, to them)
and while i agree w/ you that there needs to be some kind of balance presented to the public, instead of gold and champagne type music 100% of the time. to be honest most of the artists that are towing the "conscious" line don't make music that is easily embraced by the public (either its too wordy, boring beats, "strange" image). another problem w/ the "conscious" set is that they feel the need to beat you over the head w/ the message instead of focusing on making jamming *** tunes. if someone came out rapping like gucci over zay or luger beats while saying something that means something they could win.
to answer your second questions some other artists that i think fit in the category you are talking about are: bambu, immortal technique, killer mike, and lecrae just to name a few. as a matter of fact do yourself a favor and get killer mike's R.A.P. album if you want the soundtrack to the revolution.
and not to rain on your parade but that macklemore cat is basura.
ill will for sure check that album and lol its cool everyones got their own opinions. i appreciate the words tho and lets both hope this guy "if someone came out rapping like gucci over zay or luger beats while saying something that means something they could win" is out there

from complex:

If you have strident political opinions and you want to make change happen, music might not be the best medium to address your cause. Yes, there are scattered examples in hip-hop history that show music's political potential, its ability to convey powerful messages, with Public Enemy being the most obvious and most successful. But these are rare.

An artist's ability to create meaningful change is also dependent on being heard by an audience that might act upon what they've learned. A lot of times, a political message gains power from being personal; rather than hectoring. Some of the best rappers would lead by example. (Think 2Pac's "Keep Your Head Up," rather than the condescending "Brenda's Got a Baby.")

This isn't an argument that music can or should disregard moral purpose; quite the opposite. Instead, artists should simply recognize that by labeling oneself as a "conscious" or "political" artist, a rapper is setting up himself or herself to merely preach to the choir. All too often, their decision to be "political" is more about branding than it is about creating real positive change.

and:

One of the central characteristics of hip-hop is the art of bragging. This doesn't go well with results-oriented political ideology. Never mind that many "conscious" rappers have extremely suspect philosophies. The form has often been a forum for a certain conservatism of sexism, homophobia and irresponsible and dishonest historical narratives.

But even when the artist's moral compass is pure, "conscious" rap is often a road to wack music paved with good intentions. Creating real change requires a certain kind of selflessness that is anathema to being a halfway decent rapper.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

that pretty much sums up my feelings on so called "conscious" music and the folks who stand on their soapbox about it.

Last edited:
"The WTC (Wu-Tang Clan) is heavily involved in the sale of drugs, illegal guns, weapons possession, murder, carjacking and other types of violent crime." - The FBI's assessment of the Wu in their file on the late Ol' Dirty Bastard, which you can read in its entirety at http://gun.io/blog/i-got-ol-dirty-bastards-fbi-file/

as the title of the late great odb's album would say, ***** please.

Back
Top Bottom