the thread about nothing...

^ awwww
laugh.gif

Just this year alone, I've escaped 3 DUI's and crashed my whip drunk causing nearly 7k in damage. Friday night I got pulled over after bussing a u-turn when I realized I was driving on the wrong side of the road. I was WASTED but the Feds smelled weed (smoked out the whip earlier in the day) and completely overlooked the fact I was driving extra reckless. After a thorough search by the officer and his dog they let me go with a warning. I only drink twice a week but I tend to go ham. At this rate Im not sure I'll see 2013

Originally Posted by flightman

Just this year alone, I've escaped 3 DUI's and crashed my whip drunk causing nearly 7k in damage. Friday night I got pulled over after bussing a u-turn when I realized I was driving on the wrong side of the road. I was WASTED but the Feds smelled weed (smoked out the whip earlier in the day) and completely overlooked the fact I was driving extra reckless. After a thorough search by the officer and his dog they let me go with a warning. I only drink twice a week but I tend to go ham. At this rate Im not sure I'll see 2013
Not something to brag about.

all this talk about school got me thinking: are grades REALLY that important?

I mean, i'm a sophomore in college. My roommate kills himself studying all day, everyday (he has a 3.9, mechanical engineering major) and he seems like he has no fun (he's told me several times that he hates his life, but i'm pretty sure he's only a little serious). Meanwhile, I could not care less about grades (2.9, kinesiology major) and I focus more of lifting and hanging out with friends.

Do grades really matter once I get out? I mean, either way, I'll have a degree. Or is this just an ignorant perspective?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

This weekend sucked.  Me and friends are doing no fap March.  So i am 12 days strong of nothing (teamsingle)
Why do you come over my house at 1am......we stay up til 5am.....make out.....then you back off talking about oh you have a bf....ummm then *%$% of my house.  

Spoiler [+]
she spent the night and we cuddled i hate myself and women
0stqK.jpg

keep doing that. those cuddles add up, eventually she'll be taking her pants off as soon as she gets in your room out of comfort. she's not worried about her boyfriend, that's why she's staying at your house. da right path, you are on.

I'm upset no one knows who that girl is I posted, I need to find her and let her know how I really feel.

Originally Posted by sneakerhead24

I mean, i'm a sophomore in college. My roommate kills himself studying all day, everyday (he has a 3.9, mechanical engineering major) and he seems like he has no fun (he's told me several times that he hates his life, but i'm pretty sure he's only a little serious). Meanwhile, I could not care less about grades (2.9, kinesiology major) and I focus more of lifting and hanging out with friends.

Do grades really matter once I get out? I mean, either way, I'll have a degree. Or is this just an ignorant perspective?
depends.

not knockin your field of study, but gpa might matter more for someone pursuing a career as a mechanical engineer than it would for a kinesiology major (stupid question but what type of job would a kinesiology major get into?  physical therapist?  athletic trainer?).

top companies in highly competitive fields may take GPA into account when they look at your resume.  smaller/independent companies may not.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

depends.

not knockin your field of study, but gpa might matter more for someone pursuing a career as a mechanical engineer than it would for a kinesiology major (stupid question but what type of job would a kinesiology major get into?  physical therapist?  athletic trainer?).

top companies in highly competitive fields may take GPA into account when they look at your resume.  smaller/independent companies may not.

pretty much. And depending on the major, to get into law school, med school, or grad school keeping your gpa high does matter. Also it matters for scholarships. At my college, you have to keep a 3.0 for a 10 grand scholarship

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

depends.

pretty much. And depending on the major, to get into law school, med school, or grad school keeping your gpa high does matter. Also it matters for scholarships. At my college, you have to keep a 3.0 for a 10 grand scholarship

Oh okay, I gotcha. Yeah i'm not too sure where I'm going with the degree, but there are different options within kinesiology to get into pt, athletic training or physical education. But i'm probably gonna end up being a personal trainer
ohwell.gif
 or anywhere else like that, but I am thinking about going to grad school. I guess that means i gotta get on those grades. 

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Im going to boston/new york/ connecticut this week homies. It will be my first time flying on my own. I feel like crapping my pants already. Wheres some spots that I should hit for sure in NY?
why on your own?
also, where are you staying and do you mind VNDS true blues? 
nerd.gif

im visiting a friend out there. im staying in connecticut but ill be all around during the week. If you let me stay the night, Ill take those true blues off your hands 
happy.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by flightman

You're a piece of garbage, you keep knowingly endangering other peoples lives so you can have a little fun. Why don't you carpool, get a taxi, just don't go out if you can't control yourself yet.

r.i.p to all the innocent souls lost in Angola
despite the name, the L train is
pimp.gif

blasians
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
people please stop $@#!%%$ walking in the middle of the $@#!%%$ sidewalk if your old and/or walk slow and make room for people that have to get to places on time
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

some dudes stay thirsty
30t6p3b.gif

you cheat on your man, have a baby with his boy & he kills you? I feel no remorse *shrug*
how you spending bread simpin on *@%$*** when your mother still starving 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
some boys & there !$%@@!# yes men 
30t6p3b.gif

size queens
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm really hating life right now with this daylightsavings. I havent felt sleepy at work in years until today.
tired.gif

As far as grades and school goes.....
I stopped caring about doing work in high in school when I was a sophomore and got my ACT scores back . (Won't say what I made but it was pretty good especially for a 10th grader. My guidance counselor hated when I went in her office cause she thought I was lazy because I never took the test again.) I got sub-par to decent grades in college. I graduated in 4.5 years, wanted to do law school but didn't take the LSAT. Knew the right people at another university and was admitted into graduate school with no GMAT scores. Did a semester there without taking the test, finally took it and the MBA coordinator went crazy saying I should be teaching at undergrad level at the university. Graduated in 2.5 years (would've been sooner but I started program in the spring so my courses were out of whack) with a 3.7 something (only 2 B's during program). My independent research paper (thesis) was a comparative analysis of Nike and Adidas. Got a job right after school but it's not the one I want but I 'm grateful 'cause I know the job market is bleak. I'm only 25 so I have time (unless the Man upstairs says otherwise) to mess around for a little while. Plan on retiring before 45. (I have a few schemes in the works.)

P.S. My high school counselor was right. I'm ridiculously lazy. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

I'm one of the hardest working/ most determined employee at my job however it's extremely overshadowed by my inconsistencies. Calling in late & sometimes calling in sick. A sad contradiction I know...
30t6p3b.gif

This also happens to be one of my favorite threads.

Originally Posted by solesavage

I'm really hating life right now with this daylightsavings. I havent felt sleepy at work in years until today.
tired.gif

You realize we have daylight savings every year?

Originally Posted by cord15

As far as grades and school goes.....
I stopped caring about doing work in high in school when I was a sophomore and got my ACT scores back . (Won't say what I made but it was pretty good especially for a 10th grader. My guidance counselor hated when I went in her office cause she thought I was lazy because I never took the test again.) I got sub-par to decent grades in college. I graduated in 4.5 years, wanted to do law school but didn't take the LSAT. Knew the right people at another university and was admitted into graduate school with no GMAT scores. Did a semester there without taking the test, finally took it and the MBA coordinator went crazy saying I should be teaching at undergrad level at the university. Graduated in 2.5 years (would've been sooner but I started program in the spring so my courses were out of whack) with a 3.7 something (only 2 B's during program). My independent research paper (thesis) was a comparative analysis of Nike and Adidas. Got a job right after school but it's not the one I want but I 'm grateful 'cause I know the job market is bleak. I'm only 25 so I have time (unless the Man upstairs says otherwise) to mess around for a little while. Plan on retiring before 45. (I have a few schemes in the works.)

P.S. My high school counselor was right. I'm ridiculously lazy. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

laugh.gif
 humble bragginton for sure.

one thing you mentioned though.

it still comes around to the "who you know".  I didnt go to grad school, didnt even apply, and have no intention of ever going.  That being said, isnt it borderline required to take the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or whatever other respective standardized test to get into a masters or doctorate level program/school?

Back
Top Bottom