the thread about nothing...

i have the same car as ol boy johnny tran. probably going to mess around and trade it in next year when i turn 25 and my insurance dips :smokin

Last edited:
H22O
smokin.gif

No one can persuade me not to race with my car!

My engine is non-VTEC ;) F22B2, 16 valve. :hat

Got b00st? ;) Yes, that is the exact same engine I have in my car without the mods. Who says you need VTEC? :hat

Being this new
You must be 12

:lol Im not even hating b/c its Non-Vtec.... Vtec is a joke. The primary advantage of variable valve timing is boosting advertised peak HP numbers while maintaining fuel economy.

:smokin :smokin :smokin
It's not that big of a deal to me, when I first got into cars I thought it was the big s_. But I did my research, specifically on my engine. All they would recommend was an H22 head slapped onto my block for a frank build with boost. Although I was reading on implementing K series pistons with a bored out block for better compression. I'm 17 btw, and I don't think Honda is end all performance. It's just a preference, I show respect to all car enthusiast. Yes, I've seen the ricers in my city, I even have a friend that is one :{ He said "Put on a spoiler and drive with open headers" I just laughed at him and told him my theoretical build.

Also is that the Buick Regal?

yea
I remember seeing a youtube video about this college kid that did a whole documentary on sleepers in street racing. His grandfather actually owned one and handed it down to him, he thought it wasn't a big deal since his grandfather would use it as the family car. But he actually raced someone a few days after with it, and was seriously surprised by the power. He definitely put in a lot of work into it too.

Also is that the Buick Regal?

yea
I remember seeing a youtube video about this college kid that did a whole documentary on sleepers in street racing. His grandfather actually owned one and handed it down to him, he thought it wasn't a big deal since his grandfather would use it as the family car. But he actually raced someone a few days after with it, and was seriously surprised by the power. He definitely put in a lot of work into it too.

Repped for seeing that doc.
:lol I posted that video before and made a thread about sleepers..... nobody on NT seemed interested though.
The engine pictured above is a 1st gen Turbo 3800 from an 87. The Regal in the sleepers video is a late 90s model with a Series II 3800 Supercharged. Both are great engines and very tuneable; but they use different forced induction systems and one is traditional longitudinal rwd while the other is transverse fwd.

Last edited:

:lol I posted that video before and made a thread about sleepers..... nobody on NT seemed interested though.
The engine pictured above is a 1st gen Turbo 3800 from an 87. The Regal in the sleepers video is a late 90s model with a Series II 3800 Supercharged. Both are great engines and very tuneable; but they use different forced induction systems and one is traditional longitudinal rwd while the other is transverse fwd.
They can't relate to the sleeper genre, I personally can't stand all these body modifications. I really want to keep everything stock on my Accord right now (2 dudes already offered to buy it for 2,000, and my dads friend offered to trade for the stock rims). But I had no idea that car packed so much power under fine tuning. Just saw a video on youtube of an 87 GN vs 2010 Camaro (V6), dude seriously left him in the dust. Even the announcer said "This grand national is going to make it an interesting race" :lol

They can't relate to the sleeper genre, I personally can't stand all these body modifications. I really want to keep everything stock on my Accord right now (2 dudes already offered to buy it for 2,000, and my dads friend offered to trade for the stock rims). But I had no idea that car packed so much power under fine tuning. Just saw a video on youtube of an 87 GN vs 2010 Camaro (V6), dude seriously left him in the dust. Even the announcer said "This grand national is going to make it an interestiyou have a low 12ng race" :lol

They dont even need fine tuning.... bone stock they make 355lb/ft of torque. Add

Back
Top Bottom