the thread about nothing...

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

So yesterday one of my buddies texts me and says that our mutual friend (mutual friend = my best friend/bestman at my wedding) would be willing to change his name in exchange for a loan to cover a month long vacation to Spain.

I said that poor people do not deserve to take 1 month long vacations to Spain. That being said, I would be willing to negotiate and make an offer that we might both be agreeable to.

My offer was this:

I will loan him $7,500 interest free which shall be paid back in monthly installments of $350/month until its paid in full (just short of 2 years). I figured this would be enough to cover a 1 week vacation to Spain, maybe 2 weeks if he stretches his money.

The stipulations of the loan calls for him to do the following:

1. He must legally change his name to Chris Ismymaster (my name is Chris).
2. He must address me at all times only as Master. Any questions must be responded to with a "yes/no/maybe, master". If he decides not to continue with the yes master/no master then the balance of the loan will be accelerated and will be due in full at that time.
3. He will be responsible for all costs associated with the name change.
4. Once the loan is paid back in full he no longer has to abide by the rules of the agreement and can change his name back to normal if he so chooses.

Since he is cash poor right now, I told him I would pre-advance him $500 to cover the costs of the legal name change and also his new passport application (since he will need a new passport with his new name to travel abroad). The 1st payment will be due within 30 days of the $500 advance. The $7,000 balance will be paid only in the form of a cashiers check made out to "Chris Ismymaster" so that only he can cash it.

To protect my interest we will have a formal agreement drafted, signed, and notarized. In addition to the signed agreement I told him that I would also be filing a UCC-1 security interest filing with the Secretary of State to place a blanket lien against all of his assets. I will also hold title to his car. Upon full payment of the loan I will return said title and release my blanket lien.

So this "joke" seems to have gotten some traction and my best friend is seriously considering the offer. If he agrees to it, I will put my money where my mouth is and front him the money. Am I a bad friend for "taking advantage" of my boy by causing him to endure ridicule for the next 2 years?

Seems like way too much trouble for a joke.
money and friends dont mix. what type of nonsense is this "joke"?

Originally Posted by ErickM713

You sound like a douche, that's not even funny.
If he's hurting for money why is he trying to take a vacation in the first place?

Never ask friends for money, doesn't matter how close you are, it changes people.
1.  youre probably right.  i am kind of an a-hole.
2.  one of his friends lives in madrid and is having her wedding later this summer.  it is a fairly close friend of his so he feels somewhat obligated to make the trip out there for the wedding.  he wanted to make a long vacation out of it.
3.  i disagree with this.  what if your friend is in need?  you wouldnt bail him out?  sounds like a pretty crappy friend if you ask me.  its probably not a good idea to loan money to a friend that you need or expect back, but i think its a stretch to say speak in absolutes and say never ask a friend for money period.

Like you said, poor people shouldn't take vacations right?
Now the money and friends situation, that's why it's good to surround yourself with people who you know won't put you in those situations, god forbid something does happen to one of my friends, jail, hospital, or the event that they become homeless*.Unless it's an emergency I will never let a friend borrow a large sum of money, so I guess if that makes me a crappy friend but the fact that he asked for the money with the intentions of using it for his own leisure isn't what's up, but that's just my opinion.

*I've had friends face being homeless, I didn't loan them money, I just opened my home to them.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

I DONT WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE

sick.gif
alien.gif
What did I just watch???

what in the hell is that?
eek.gif

info?

if ur letting a close friend "borrow" money dont expect it back.

and "friends" dont make those kind of agreements. its not even funny its kinda sad actually

Originally Posted by swendro88

where did cwrite go?

I was just about to write "he just posted" but that is someone else,
 if we are talking about the same person I think he NT killed himself because putty and them got banned.

Seeing how there is almost no religion threads anymore, I realize putty had "power".

Originally Posted by ErickM713

You sound like a douche, that's not even funny.
If he's hurting for money why is he trying to take a vacation in the first place?

Never ask friends for money, doesn't matter how close you are, it changes people.
1.  youre probably right.  i am kind of an a-hole.
2.  one of his friends lives in madrid and is having her wedding later this summer.  it is a fairly close friend of his so he feels somewhat obligated to make the trip out there for the wedding.  he wanted to make a long vacation out of it.
3.  i disagree with this.  what if your friend is in need?  you wouldnt bail him out?  sounds like a pretty crappy friend if you ask me.  its probably not a good idea to loan money to a friend that you need or expect back, but i think its a stretch to say speak in absolutes and say never ask a friend for money period.

Unless he wants to stop the wedding and get with her, he needs to let it go and just wait until the wedding video comes out 
I wouldnt even feel comfortable asking my mom/dad for that much money let alone a friend

You rich 
nerd.gif

Met an amazing woman a few weeks ago ~

Yesterday, she tells me she's pregnant (not mine). I guess the father walked out on her a a week or two after she missed her period.

I was honestly starting to have feelings since she was unlike any other girl I had met.

She had been giving me clues ever since we started hanging out as more than friends.

Now I don't know what to do.
frown.gif

I can never having nuthin'.

#HumbleBrag

Some girls tried to holla at me, wasn't my type physically, and in a 5 minute conversation she mentioned law school, MBA, her taking classes, how much she makes all without me asking. Do women really think we give a damn about that stuff? I mean we do but not in a first conversation. That isn't your selling point as a female.

Big KRIT is coming back to San Antonio in August and the best part?
It's the ONLY stop he's making in Texas 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I saw him back in February, wack opening acts, but him and Bun killed it even though their sets were short.

My cousin just bought a new Jeep
My aunt got the benz truck
one of my friend's parents got them the X3 (BMW Truck)
another friend has a new honda civic (great on gas, man)
my granny got a new ride not too long ago

...i have a 94 525i...the doors don't lock, the windows don't work, the two front seats are screwed (they don't move and they're stuck in a position not conducive to me driving in it without sitting on a pillow.), no radio, windshield wipers don't work and there is no air/heat. it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom