the thread about nothing...

AMAZING Burger and Garlic Parmersian Fries at Super Duper Burger in San Fransisco.

We need a definition of genius.

IMO, genius is like Leonardo Da Vinci

So there is more athletes than genius.
at Maryland we had a whole class dedicated to this subject. We considered genius in 3 disciplines science/math, art/architecture, and music.

Ex: Einstein, Newton, a couple of architects (mies van de rohe, lloyd wright), beethoven, mozart etc

The thing I always thought though is that genius is often subjective, and quite possibly relative. You can absolutely quantify athletic superiority. But what about genius lawyers, genius carpenters etc. Defining genius is a bit harder to do, the best approach is to define it it within disciplines.

interesting.

I agree with you.

thing is, IMO, a genius is not a great lawyer or a great carpenter. It's a genius, it goes beyond that.

Nothing wrong with being very good or even grat at what you do, but that doesn't make you a genius in your discipline (you have to be better then great).

Iv'e always wanted to go there ever since i seen it, in that movie license to drive 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
its really good..they are so cool they dont deliver..
smokin.gif

they also have this buffet thats pretty great..over here where i live on sundays they serve menudo, which is some mexican soup type thing..

i just saw they are all over socal then theres one in auburn ala, one in GA and one in FLA, pretty random..

at Maryland we had a whole class dedicated to this subject. We considered genius in 3 disciplines science/math, art/architecture, and music.

Ex: Einstein, Newton, a couple of architects (mies van de rohe, lloyd wright), beethoven, mozart etc

The thing I always thought though is that genius is often subjective, and quite possibly relative. You can absolutely quantify athletic superiority. But what about genius lawyers, genius carpenters etc. Defining genius is a bit harder to do, the best approach is to define it it within disciplines.

interesting.

I agree with you.

thing is, IMO, a genius is not a great lawyer or a great carpenter. It's a genius, it goes beyond that.

Nothing wrong with being very good or even grat at what you do, but that doesn't make you a genius in your discipline (you have to be better then great).

I made a thread guys

interesting.

I agree with you.

Few geniuses have been cross disciplinary (e.g. Newton, Da Vinci, Eddison). We often give people a lot of credit for being good at one thing and then say that they are a genius.

For example law is a close partner to phillosophy. Say a lawyer has a technical grasp of the law (codes, statutes etc) a lot of his peers have the same technical know how; but with if he goes above and beyond technical appreciation of the law...what if his interpretation and input on the law causes a pardigm shift? (e.g. constitutional lawyers, human rights lawyers etc) Would that make him a genius.

Thats another thing we talked about; geniuses often, if not aways, cause a paradigm shift on the world stage. For example Copernicus caused a major paradigm shift  with his heliocentric model.

Back
Top Bottom