the thread about nothing...

I still remember 9/11 vividly. Sitting in English class and our teacher turned on the TV and one of the towers was smoking. Then after about 5 minutes another plane came in and hit the other tower. After that, nobody including the teacher cared about learning, we were all glued to the tv. Next thing we know our local news is saying a plane cartwheeled into the pentagon. The bell rang for next block and nobody left the room for at least the next half hour. Our teacher wrote late passes for everyone in our class and left for the day after that. Her husband worked at the pentagon and her son in downtown nyc. Then 2 years later the DC sniper rocked the area and had the whole dmv shook. The early 2000’s was a crazy time. Can’t forget about the anthrax scares. And I was outside for all of it.
I remember it. I was about to go to work and just tuned in to the news and saw the first tower burning live. I didn't know what was happening. then suddenly a few minutes later, I saw the 2nd plane just crashed into the 2nd tower and got me flabbergasted. I said WTF is going on? I still went to work that day and even at the workplace, everyone was talking about the Towers. it's kinda funny since the place was buzzing like this scene in the car from the movie and the exact conversation was going around.

Reactions: ace
At the Vikes preseason game now and tonight is the Arctic Monkeys show

20230826_115504.jpg

Damn Spectrum Internet was out since 10pm last night. Finally came back up at 0830am. I barely get a text from these mf’s at 0900am reporting an outage and should be back up by 1100am.
I lived in California, and Spectrum sent a message that was because of the hurricane last week. .The service may be out at that time..

Spectrum being spectrum, the service never went out during the hurricane but has been on and off after the hurricane..

I lived in California, and Spectrum sent a message that was because of the hurricane last week. .The service may be out at that time..

Spectrum being spectrum, the service never went out during the hurricane but has been on and off after the hurricane..

Yup, Cali here too. I got the same notification. Even about a month or so ago, got one saying it was going to be down for service. Never went down. Wonder if they never did it and just doing it now.

Damn Spectrum Internet was out since 10pm last night. Finally came back up at 0830am. I barely get a text from these mf’s at 0900am reporting an outage and should be back up by 1100am.
I had them for two months and cut off the service. From day 1 couldn’t get speeds as advertised and would regularly have to reset my modem to get a few hours of consistent fast internet speeds.

I just use my buildings Wi-Fi now. Moving out soon and will be Ethernet cabling my entire new spot

my son's friend is from California. he hasn't been able to connect with him yet since the hurricane. we are getting some extreme weather nowadays. it's almost September and we still feel like it's the Summer months.

How much has your car insurance rate gone up, if any?

Mine is Allstate, full coverage jumped little more then $200 that's with about $350 discount for enrolling in autopay. $800 for 6 months and I got a speeding ticket two weeks ago :stoneface: so expect to go up more :frown: In California so not sure if it's every state that is going up.

How much has your car insurance rate gone up, if any?

Mine is Allstate, full coverage jumped little more then $200 that's with about $350 discount for enrolling in autopay. $800 for 6 months and I got a speeding ticket two weeks ago :stoneface: so expect to go up more :frown: In California so not sure if it's every state that is going up.
I just combined home and auto this year. $4800 a year for the house, 2017 Prius, and 2003 Malibu.

Back
Top Bottom