the thread about nothing...

I learned a former classmate attempted suicide but ultimately didn't do it after I was out of high school. His suicide attempt was predicated on him not being to handle the academic pressures of attending an Ivy League school. I don't remember which school he attended.

That guy is weak as hell for resorting to suicide just because he couldn't make the grades or handle the academic rigors of an Ivy League school.

He really lacked common sense because he probably assumed it would be similarly easy to excel in an Ivy League school. We attended a LAUSD school, which is the absolute worst public school system in the world. It was easy for him to excel at our school because it had sorry, unqualified teachers along with uneducated loser classmates from disenfranchised areas who grew up in single parent or broken homes with poor parenting.

He should have had common sense to realize there would be equally or even smarter classmates in an Ivy League school. Their academic demands are so tough they don't even help athletes pass just because they play sports like most schools do to stay competitive in the NCAA.

He clearly wasn't prepared for the real world after high school based on him being suicidal when things weren't favorable for him. Life ain't easy as an adult after graduating high school.

Suicide shouldn't ever be contemplated because every human will have problems or obstacles, more or less, by default. Anyone who resorts to suicide is a loser and failure in life. That's exactly what my classmate will always be.
You seem to hold a grudge at your former classmate. Did he take your lunch money in highshool?

You seem to hold a grudge at your former classmate. Did he take your lunch money in highshool?

It's funny you mentioned grudge. He didn't do anything like that. I counted him as a friend until I felt he was disloyal and didn't provide clarity about a situation when we were in the 11th grade. I basically felt that he didn't look out for me in that situation.

I just feel it's so weak-minded to resort to suicide when something doesn't go your way. Like why would you want to end your life when something wasn't favorable for you? We all have to go through struggles in life, so it should be about how you persevere or overcome any challenges.

What didn't make sense was that he ended up in an Ivy League school, so it's like he made it in a way because it's very hard to get into those schools. It's just pathetic he wanted to end his life because he couldn't handle their high academic standards.

He actually did better than a lot of us by getting into one of those schools, whereas a majority of our graduating class who decided to go to college had to either attend lower tier colleges or even worse, community colleges.

He's an example that college students cannot always be considered naturally smart because he wasn't smart about life if he resorted to suicide. Someone can be academically smart, but not so smart with the real world.

:lol:
Screenshot_2023-05-21-21-16-59-45_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4~3.jpg

It's funny you mentioned grudge. He didn't do anything like that. I counted him as a friend until I felt he was disloyal and didn't provide clarity about a situation when we were in the 11th grade. I basically felt that he didn't look out for me in that situation.

I just feel it's so weak-minded to resort to suicide when something doesn't go your way. Like why would you want to end your life when something wasn't favorable for you? We all have to go through struggles in life, so it should be about how you persevere or overcome any challenges.

What didn't make sense was that he ended up in an Ivy League school, so it's like he made it in a way because it's very hard to get into those schools. It's just pathetic he wanted to end his life because he couldn't handle their high academic standards.

He actually did better than a lot of us by getting into one of those schools, whereas a majority of our graduating class who decided to go to college had to either attend lower tier colleges or even worse, community colleges.

He's an example that college students cannot always be considered naturally smart because he wasn't smart about life if he resorted to suicide. Someone can be academically smart, but not so smart with the real world.
I find it odd that you show such vindication to a former friend who needed some sort of moral support. not sure what kind of issues you guys had to have such "hatred" but it must be something serious. I don't judge former friends like that with such demise unless if I really got seriously hurt personally. we all make mistakes in life but I feel that such judgement on a person's weakness is not worth stepping on. that's why I feel like you had some issues with that person.

I had some former friends as well. and one in particular was quite serious. it took me a long while to even forgive the guy and forget. nowadays I don't even care what he does in his life. it's a little bit complicated though since the guy is also friends with my longtime friends as well. but everyone needs and they know they need to accept it as well. we couldn't be together in the same room. who knows, he might be you since he's a sourpuss. :rofl: j/k.

as far as accomplishments go, I wouldn't underestimate/overestimate people on where they got their education to get well in life. in the end, it is about being smart with your decision in life. attending an IVY League school is nothing more than a superficial prestige rather than an actual accomplishment. while it might get you inside the door in your career, it is not a testament that you will succeed in life. also, IVY league education is a farce and generally a money making scheme.....
remember these cheats?

Attachments

• farce.jpg
    farce.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom