the thread about nothing...

It’s vice versa as well to that person reaching out. Like I said you have to gauge what type of way you’ll should reach out. Sending fb messages isn’t the best option imo.

But I give you some food thought so you can realize why sending thoughtless messages on fb isn’t the best option especially if your sick or going Thru a traumatic experience.

“People showed up with flowers at your funeral, but didn’t showed up with soup while you were sick in the hospital bed.”

If you're sending a thoughtless message then your in-person visit would probably come off as intrusive rather than helpful and sincere.

Like you said, it depends on the circumstances. You bring up the funeral analogy but would you want every person that would show up to your funeral to visit you in the hospital if you were sick and dying? Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather only have my family and close friends to visit me.

This conversation started because of @freakydestroyer trying to reach out to an old friend and we don't know all of the circumstances but it sounds like a FB message was appropriate in the situation.

If you're sending a thoughtless message then your in-person visit would probably come off as intrusive rather than helpful and sincere.

Like you said, it depends on the circumstances. You bring up the funeral analogy but would you want every person that would show up to your funeral to visit you in the hospital if you were sick and dying? Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather only have my family and close friends to visit me.

This conversation started because of @freakydestroyer trying to reach out to an old friend and we don't know all of the circumstances but it sounds like a FB message was appropriate in the situation.

Like I said earlier it’s a fb message your sending the sender and the receiver doesn’t experience the same emotional value as if you actually took the time to see them physically. It’s meaningless and thoughtless imo. I just wouldn’t operate like that.

Of course seeing a person might come off as intrusive but that’s if you go about it the wrong way by not asking for permission from a family member, hospital staff etc...

I’ve been told by people who work in the medical field when someone is sick in the hospital bed, when they get hospital visits from friends, family members etc, their overall healing process improves them. Sending a FB message probably won’t do the same cause it’s has zero physical emotion support.

image0.png

Like I said earlier it’s a fb message your sending the sender and the receiver doesn’t experience the same emotional value as if you actually took the time to see them physically. It’s meaningless and thoughtless imo. I just wouldn’t operate like that.

Of course seeing a person might come off as intrusive but that’s if you go about it the wrong way by not asking for permission from a family member, hospital staff etc...

I’ve been told by people who work in the medical field when someone is sick in the hospital bed, when they get hospital visits from friends, family members etc, their overall healing process improves them. Sending a FB message probably won’t do the same cause it’s has zero physical emotion support.

Right. I'm not dismissing the benefits of an in-person visit from "close friends and family members". My defense of FB messages is referring to freakydestroyer's situation. It seems as if they were friends that grew apart. You implied he was not a "decent" human being because he chose to send a FB message rather than calling or visiting his former friend. I don't think that's the case.

If they are somehow able to match or come fairly close, I would stay.

What ya got note wise? :nerd:

I’d first loop your boss in -

“As you know I have enjoyed working here for xx amount of years. I have grown professionally and personally in this time and am thankful for it. Recently another company reached out to me and have gave a generous offer. I would like to stay with our team here at xx but need to think about the salary implications of this new offer. With this being said, can we try to make something work with HR to match what is being offered? Happy to put time on our calendar to discuss or in our next 1:1, but I have until the end of the week to make a decision.”

They then will write back and probably loop HR in. You will not need to show them any offer, that’s illegal.

Last edited:
Can’t lie before I googled it , I thought you were trying to say something else :rofl:

Might be right though cause I bite my nails too ... think I do that out of boredom though

:lol: Yeah most people have the same reaction because it sounds dirty but lots of people have it lol

Back
Top Bottom