the thread about nothing...

The dispensary had $5 eighths today.
tenor.gif

at least as a dust bucket I have friends and acquaintances who will message me back on social media platforms when I haven’t spoken to them in long periods.

Has that friend reach back to you yet?
Or you still looking at that “has seen/read notification”?
Haven't heard back. But I've been told by others that he's not in the best place as far as physical, mental, and emotional health. So I wouldn't pass judgement on his response or lack thereof.

Haven't heard back. But I've been told by others that he's not in the best place as far as physical, mental, and emotional health. So I wouldn't pass judgement on his response or lack thereof.

Yeah cause a real friend or a half way decent human being wouldn’t use a social media platform to message someone after they went thru a traumatic experience in their lives......maybe you should find the best way to get his # and pick up the phone.....but what do I know about the dynamics of human relationships I’m a just #lowiq dust bucket.

Yeah cause a real friend or a half way decent human being wouldn’t use a social media platform to message someone after they went thru a traumatic experience in their lives......maybe you should find the best way to get his # and pick up the phone.....but what do I know about the dynamics of human relationships I’m a just #lowiq dust bucket.
He recently sent me a new friend request, so I messaged him on the same platform. His phone number must've changed several times since the one I have. I do not know much about his whereabouts in recent years because he was deployed for military and has traveled the world. I brought up my situation with him to someone who has been in contact with him more recently and he told me he's "not the same". Otherwise, I wouldn't and shouldn't have any idea.

Chilling at Starbucks. These two couples are sitting outside. One of the women is pregnant and the other couple is smoking their 3rd cigarette. Cmon man!!!

The disrespect :smh:

I have asthma and so did my grandmother. My dad had no problem smoking in front of me anywhere or anytime. However, he never smoked in front of my grandmother because “she might get sick”. Man, what the **** about me!?!?

Naw. Sincere thoughts are sincere thoughts. I don't think the method of delivery should diminish the meaning.

If I'm going through some ish and someone reaches out to me over Facebook Messenger I'm not gonna ignore him because he didn't jump through hoops to get my number.

Hell, someone could message me via Instagram DM and I'd appreciate the thoughts.

Naw. Sincere thoughts are sincere thoughts. I don't think the method of delivery should diminish the meaning.

If I'm going through some ish and someone reaches out to me over Facebook Messenger I'm not gonna ignore him because he didn't jump through hoops to get my number.

Hell, someone could message me via Instagram DM and I'd appreciate the thoughts.
I don’t operate like that, if one of my peoples had something serious going on, I’m already planning to be there physically before I sent out a message. You can never tell how someone feel over a text message even over a phone call. But I guess that’s the society we live with all the mass communication platforms we take advantage of or even abuse.

I don’t operate like that, if one of my peoples had something serious going on, I’m already planning to be there physically before I sent out a message. You can never tell how someone feel over a text message even over a phone call. But I guess that’s the society we live with all the mass communication platforms we take advantage of or even abuse.

Well yeah, obviously if you're tight with someone it's probably best to go see them in person.

If you're not that close what's the difference between a phone call or text, FB message, etc.?

In most cases I'd probably prefer forms of texts because that leaves it up to me when I'd like to respond.

The disrespect :smh:

I have asthma and so did my grandmother. My dad had no problem smoking in front of me anywhere or anytime. However, he never smoked in front of my grandmother because “she might get sick”. Man, what the **** about me!?!?
It’s common sense not to smoke in front of elders, kids and pregnant women. Actually, don’t smoke when the people you’re with don’t smoke. Step aside or something. The eff’d up part was the wind was blowing the smoke right into her face.

Did you ever tell your dad not to smoke in front of you?

It’s common sense not to smoke in front of elders, kids and pregnant women. Actually, don’t smoke when the people you’re with don’t smoke. Step aside or something. The eff’d up part was the wind was blowing the smoke right into her face.

Did you ever tell your dad not to smoke in front of you?

That’s exactly what my mom pointed out to him but he didn’t care. Had to be careful how you worded it to him too because he had no problem smacking you in the face :smh:

Funny thing is he doesn’t smoke anymore and gets mad if people smoke in front of him because the smell bothers him.

If you're not that close what's the difference between a phone call or text, FB message, etc.?
It depends on the situation and who you are as a person.

a simple fb message might be fine for you. But some people will probably take that as disrespect because your not putting any effort into actually reaching out to the person. Especially if they going thru something traumatic in their lives. I get it some people would be hesitant to actually initiate a physical contact with someone because they hardly knew or don’t speak to them anymore. But that doesn’t mean you should go about it that way. It’s your actions that outweighs your words that you actually care about that person.

You just have to gauge the proper approach when dealing with certain relationship dynamics and situations.

Remember there was a time before fb messenger and other social media platforms existed.

People wrote personal letters to each other as form of communication.

Only met one NTer IRL, can’t remember his name on here though. He posted in here he was moving to cleveland and wanted to know where to hangout. Came out once or twice.

Sidenote I want to get away this weekend and not talk to anybody lol. Might just go to Detroit and check out the kaws exhibit and gamble or something.

Man what an awkward night with my family tonight. My dad started throwing heavy/mean jab jokes at my sister, then me, then my brother throughout the evening. He complained about random stuff, babbling something about the Bible saying children always having to listen to their parents and almost getting into arguments with other drivers on the road. Everyone was sour as **** but I stayed neutral and simply observed. It was crazy to see the arguments trickledown from person to person and see the reactions....all from one person starting backhand comments. Oh well, at least I ate good :lol:

Last edited:
It depends on the situation and who you are as a person.

a simple fb message might be fine for you. But some people will probably take that as disrespect because your not putting any effort into actually reaching out to the person. Especially if they going thru something traumatic in their lives. I get it some people would be hesitant to actually initiate a physical contact with someone because they hardly knew or don’t speak to them anymore. But that doesn’t mean you should go about it that way. It’s your actions that outweighs your words that you actually care about that person.

You just have to gauge the proper approach when dealing with certain relationship dynamics and situations.

Remember there was a time before fb messenger and other social media platforms existed.

People wrote personal letters to each other as form of communication.

If someone feels disrespected by receiving a personal message over Facebook rather than a phone call I think that says more about them than the person reaching out.

If someone feels disrespected by receiving a personal message over Facebook rather than a phone call I think that says more about them than the person reaching out.

It’s vice versa as well to that person reaching out. Like I said you have to gauge what type of way you’ll should reach out. Sending fb messages isn’t the best option imo.

But I give you some food thought so you can realize why sending thoughtless messages on fb isn’t the best option especially if your sick or going Thru a traumatic experience.

“People showed up with flowers at your funeral, but didn’t showed up with soup while you were sick in the hospital bed.”

Back
Top Bottom