the thread about nothing...

Storytime

This past weekend I was hanging out in Union Square. I went into Gap to browse and as I was heading out, I wanted to watch the NBA playoff games. I did not know of any Sports Bars nearby, and my phone was low on power. So I decided to ask the employees. I approached a cashier.

Me: Hi, do you know of any good sports bars?
Cashier: Sports bras should be...
Me: No, Sports BARS where you can watch games and drink
Cashier: Hmmm...let me think.....uh... I really don't know sorry. Try looking on your phone.
Me: Yeah I'm going to do that or actually I'll ask him. *points head at other cashier* But thank you anyway!

The other cashier was helping another customer. I waited about 20 seconds and realized it's going to be a while, so I decided to just dip.

I took the escalator to the lower level. I saw a store employee so I approached him.

Me: Hi, do you know of any sports bars nearby?
Employee: Not sure. I know there's a bar a couple blocks away but don't know if they show sports. Let me ask. *speaks into mic* Hey does anyone know of any sports bars in the area?

There was some response on his headset.

Employee: Sports Bar, not Bra

Me in my head: *facepalm*

Employee: Sorry nobody here seems to know

Me: Ok thanks anyway. Have a nice day!

I saw the security guard by the entrance and thought he might know. I asked him and he recommended me a place by the Metreon, a 8-10 minute walk. He said that is where he goes, but there should be some close by that he does not know about.

I remember that the Melt, which is a burger joint across the street shows games. So I headed over there. I am a couple stores away and there was an old woman a few steps in front of me. She swerved left and cut me off, almost bumping into me.

Woman: Oops sorry.
Me: It's fine don't worry.

I got a closer look at the woman and presume she could be on drugs and or homeless.

Woman: You're looking at the clothes
Me: I'm just strolling.
Woman: oh yeah but they got some nice clothes!
Me: I'll check it out later. Nice talking to you, have a good night!
*I walk into Melt*
Woman followed me and walked besides me.
Woman: I gotta use the bathroom.

We both walked a couple more steps.

Woman: You think you can buy me something? I am hungry!

I was in a good mood, so I obliged. We walked up to the Cashier.

Woman: What are you getting?
Me: I always get the original Melt Burger
Woman: Can I get that too?
Me: Sure
Woman: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. God Bless you.
Me: You're welcome.

In my head I thought she lowkey finessed me for $7-8 and wanted it to stop there.
Me: Don't you need to go to the bathroom?
Woman: oh yeah!
She asked the employee for the code, got it, then went to the bathroom. I finalized the order with no extras and paid. I received my number and stood to wait for the food.

The Woman cracked open the bathroom door holding her wig.

Woman: Tell them to cut it in half. * shuts door*

Me: I got one just for you.

A couple minutes later the woman came out.

Woman: Did you tell them to cut it in half?

Me: No, I got you a whole burger.

Woman: But I like it to be cut in half. You don't like it that way?

Me: I just eat it. After I chew it, it's all the same.

Woman walked up to cashier.

Woman: Can you tell them to cut it in half?

Cashier: Both of them or just one?

Me: Leave mine as is

Cashier: Ok I will tell them in the back

Woman walked back to me

Woman: Smells good, I can't wait. Hehehe.

Woman: Do you like sports?

I was reminded why I was there in the first place. But I didn't really care, I just wanted to dip at that point.

Me: Yeah I follow sports
Woman: You like the Warriors?
Me: Nah
Woman: How can you not? They're so good and in San Francisco! *pumps fist*
Me: Oakland but SF next year
Woman: Who you like then? Lebron James? Oh I can't stand him! I heard he's not playing anymore?
Me: He is, his team is just not in the playoffs.
Woman: Is the playoffs right now?
Me: Yes
Woman: Who are the Warriors playing?
Me: They just beat the Clippers yesterday, they play the Rockets next.
Woman: So it's not down to two teams?
Me: No, the Warriors have to beat three more teams.
Woman: Oh that's still a long time then. But I ain't worried I know they're going to get the trophy again!

Our order was ready and we went up to the counter. The cashier handed us both separate bags.

Woman: *Waves to cashier* What about my fries?
Me: I didn...
Woman shushed me.
Cashier: Order didn't come with fries
Woman: oh ok

We both took a few steps. Woman set her bag on a table. She saw me heading to the door.

Woman: Thank you and god bless! You are so kind! Have a good night!

Me: You too! Enjoy and have a good night!
there's this spot jillians by the metreon i used to always go to

Storytime

This past weekend I was hanging out in Union Square. I went into Gap to browse and as I was heading out, I wanted to watch the NBA playoff games. I did not know of any Sports Bars nearby, and my phone was low on power. So I decided to ask the employees. I approached a cashier.

Me: Hi, do you know of any good sports bars?
Cashier: Sports bras should be...
Me: No, Sports BARS where you can watch games and drink
Cashier: Hmmm...let me think.....uh... I really don't know sorry. Try looking on your phone.
Me: Yeah I'm going to do that or actually I'll ask him. *points head at other cashier* But thank you anyway!

The other cashier was helping another customer. I waited about 20 seconds and realized it's going to be a while, so I decided to just dip.

I took the escalator to the lower level. I saw a store employee so I approached him.

Me: Hi, do you know of any sports bars nearby?
Employee: Not sure. I know there's a bar a couple blocks away but don't know if they show sports. Let me ask. *speaks into mic* Hey does anyone know of any sports bars in the area?

There was some response on his headset.

Employee: Sports Bar, not Bra

Me in my head: *facepalm*

Employee: Sorry nobody here seems to know

Me: Ok thanks anyway. Have a nice day!

I saw the security guard by the entrance and thought he might know. I asked him and he recommended me a place by the Metreon, a 8-10 minute walk. He said that is where he goes, but there should be some close by that he does not know about.

I remember that the Melt, which is a burger joint across the street shows games. So I headed over there. I am a couple stores away and there was an old woman a few steps in front of me. She swerved left and cut me off, almost bumping into me.

Woman: Oops sorry.
Me: It's fine don't worry.

I got a closer look at the woman and presume she could be on drugs and or homeless.

Woman: You're looking at the clothes
Me: I'm just strolling.
Woman: oh yeah but they got some nice clothes!
Me: I'll check it out later. Nice talking to you, have a good night!
*I walk into Melt*
Woman followed me and walked besides me.
Woman: I gotta use the bathroom.

We both walked a couple more steps.

Woman: You think you can buy me something? I am hungry!

I was in a good mood, so I obliged. We walked up to the Cashier.

Woman: What are you getting?
Me: I always get the original Melt Burger
Woman: Can I get that too?
Me: Sure
Woman: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. God Bless you.
Me: You're welcome.

In my head I thought she lowkey finessed me for $7-8 and wanted it to stop there.
Me: Don't you need to go to the bathroom?
Woman: oh yeah!
She asked the employee for the code, got it, then went to the bathroom. I finalized the order with no extras and paid. I received my number and stood to wait for the food.

The Woman cracked open the bathroom door holding her wig.

Woman: Tell them to cut it in half. * shuts door*

Me: I got one just for you.

A couple minutes later the woman came out.

Woman: Did you tell them to cut it in half?

Me: No, I got you a whole burger.

Woman: But I like it to be cut in half. You don't like it that way?

Me: I just eat it. After I chew it, it's all the same.

Woman walked up to cashier.

Woman: Can you tell them to cut it in half?

Cashier: Both of them or just one?

Me: Leave mine as is

Cashier: Ok I will tell them in the back

Woman walked back to me

Woman: Smells good, I can't wait. Hehehe.

Woman: Do you like sports?

I was reminded why I was there in the first place. But I didn't really care, I just wanted to dip at that point.

Me: Yeah I follow sports
Woman: You like the Warriors?
Me: Nah
Woman: How can you not? They're so good and in San Francisco! *pumps fist*
Me: Oakland but SF next year
Woman: Who you like then? Lebron James? Oh I can't stand him! I heard he's not playing anymore?
Me: He is, his team is just not in the playoffs.
Woman: Is the playoffs right now?
Me: Yes
Woman: Who are the Warriors playing?
Me: They just beat the Clippers yesterday, they play the Rockets next.
Woman: So it's not down to two teams?
Me: No, the Warriors have to beat three more teams.
Woman: Oh that's still a long time then. But I ain't worried I know they're going to get the trophy again!

Our order was ready and we went up to the counter. The cashier handed us both separate bags.

Woman: *Waves to cashier* What about my fries?
Me: I didn...
Woman shushed me.
Cashier: Order didn't come with fries
Woman: oh ok

We both took a few steps. Woman set her bag on a table. She saw me heading to the door.

Woman: Thank you and god bless! You are so kind! Have a good night!

Me: You too! Enjoy and have a good night!
there's this spot jillians by the metreon i used to always go to

Something that would bring out your charisma, maybe in entertainment or sales.
Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Michael Jordan are 11 lifepaths.
I’m superstitious but at the same time I don’t know if I believe these things but it’s interesting. Thank you sir.

tenor.gif

I’m superstitious but at the same time I don’t know if I believe these things but it’s interesting. Thank you sir.
Yeah like I said, I thought this was all BS. Until I played around with it and found it to be astonishingly accurate. Still, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

The part about me liking and seeking positions of power I don't agree with. Everything else I can agree with. The "communicator" part I've been working on getting better over the years.
Interesting. When I pass this information to 8's they are usually iffy about the Power, but :wow: to the money part.

You a real one for doing that, freakydestroyer freakydestroyer .

Reminds me of a similar experience I had few years back in NYC. So it's late Saturday night, cutting outta work. Office orders bunch of Parm to power through the night. They ordered too much so they tell me to take a meatball parm for the road. All right, bet. I'm hungry at this point and finna scarf this sandwich down on the bus home to NJ. So I'm doing my normal routine, walking to the Port, and I spot a homeless dude posted up near Columbus Circle. Man's looked starved and I felt sympathy. Thought to myself, 'Do I really need this gluttonous sandwich at damn near midnight?' Nah, B. I'm good. Somebody can use it more than me. Give homie the meatball parm and tell him to stay up and have a good night.

Think nothing of it. The very next day, I see same dude posted at the same spot. It's daylight and I'm headed to work. We make eye contact and I throw my guy a head nod, thinking we boys like Russy and PG now. Man's looks me dead in my eyes and exclaims, 'F you, man.' Figured he was either zooted or didn't recognize me from like 15 hours previous. All I could do was laugh it off and go on with my day.

There's another homeless guy I'm cool with. He's got dreads and usually posts up in the 50s on 8th Avenue. There's an assumption that most if not all homeless folk are drugged up, unintelligent or just downright messy. This dude has all his facilities about him. I make it a point to stop for a few minutes to chop it up. We shoot the breeze about weather, etc. Matter of fact, saw him tonight a few hours ago.

Since I'm storytelling, gonna drop another one for TAN. So beer pong was serious business in my collegiate years. We would run tourneys every day of the week at our dorms and at the frat houses on the row. One of my best buds was a dude we called the 'Werewolf.' Nicest guy sober, complete animal wildin' out with any type of substance in his body. I've seen brodie do some crazy *** things while under the influence. Anyway, he was always my partner and we'd drop buckets on the pong table.

Fast forward to Thirsty Thursday on frat row. We're posted up at TKE, runnin' the table. 'Werewolf' and I liquored up, feeling good. Scoping out the scene for females. There's this BAD Filipina I knew from way back. Here's the backstory. There were two TKE houses within walking distance at my campus. The Filipina was dating a TKE brother at the other, smaller house for a while. I know y'all probably thinking, 'Who cares, Champ? Shoot your shot.' But nah, there's billions of beautiful women on this planet and outta respect, I didn't wanna rock the boat. Them TKE boys always showed me love and wanted me to pledge. Back to the party. She sees me playing and comes up to me. Catching up with small talk, telling me she's single now. Things didn't work out with the TKE brother. OK, bet. I'm still tryna be a bro and hold it down for 'Werewolf' with pong, so I'm multitasking, no problem. Stevie Wonder could tell she was clearly looking for a rebound, which is cool with me. I'm 20 years old (at the time), definitely not looking for anything serious. The more cheap beer and jungle juice we're drinking, she's gradually opening up more. Telling me she wants to dip right now. That she wants to crash at my dorm for the night, because she went to a different school like half an hour away. Easy money, *Birdman hand rub.* I'm thinking this situation lookin' tastier than the Vols/Purdue line from the tourney.

Obviously I gotta dip to handle business. I mean, who wouldn't. But 'Werewolf' is buzzed up at this point and BEGGING me to stay for one last game. So I'm like, 'OK, I try to be a good friend, I got your back. One more but then I'm out like Amir Khan's chin.' I tell shorty the situation, last game, grab one more drink for the road. Blah, blah, blah. She's cool with it, no big deal. I'm like great, she's standing there waiting for me, down to ride. I like that. As luck would have it, I think we were playing against two TKE brothers, and we always played 10-cup instead of 6-cup. The damn game heads to OT because these boys defending their house like Winterfell. Ain't gonna lose to two non-brothers. Understandably, the Filipina is getting impatient. She tells me she's gonna take a lap and come back in 10. Hopefully the game is over by then. Well, as you might have guessed, she never came back. One of my boys said he saw her leave with some other dude. Now she's engaged to some guy.

I'm personally not big on regrets but as men, we all have those brief 'what if' moments. I definitely dropped the ball in hindsight over a stupid drinking game that has no meaning 10 years later, or even the next day. Laugh about it with the college homies nowadays but that one still stings a bit.

at work for a 7:30am meeting after a concert last night....on 4 hours of sleep it is gonna be a struggle.

Back
Top Bottom