the thread about nothing...

Got some more financial letters and documents in the mail. Apparently my dad's employer group insurance plan has to pay me out roughly €15000 because he died before a certain date.
Another letter from our Federal Financial/tax Agency will return €874 from my dad's last taxation to me. On top of that, another letter from the Federal Financial Agency says they will also pay out holiday pay to me (amount isn't specified) if I simply fill out the form that came with the letter.
Honestly I find it kind of weird that despite having a rather large pile of funds now, I'm still 100% eligible for my disability allowance with no changes to the monthly amount. I get that I'm still disabled and unable to work and provide my own income at the end of the day but considering the drastic changes to my financial situation it feels kind of weird that the monthly amount wasn't even lowered or anything. And I made sure to clear every financial change with the Federal Financial and Handicap agency.
Even at this point it still feels very strange and even a bit surreal that my financial situation changed so drastically when I never expected or knew this would happen.

image.png

Got some more financial letters and documents in the mail. Apparently my dad's employer group insurance plan has to pay me out roughly €15000 because he died before a certain date.
Another letter from our Federal Financial/tax Agency will return €874 from my dad's last taxation to me. On top of that, another letter from the Federal Financial Agency says they will also pay out holiday pay to me (amount isn't specified) if I simply fill out the form that came with the letter.
Honestly I find it kind of weird that despite having a rather large pile of funds now, I'm still 100% eligible for my disability allowance with no changes to the monthly amount. I get that I'm still disabled and unable to work and provide my own income at the end of the day but considering the drastic changes to my financial situation it feels kind of weird that the monthly amount wasn't even lowered or anything. And I made sure to clear every financial change with the Federal Financial and Handicap agency.
Even at this point it still feels very strange and even a bit surreal that my financial situation changed so drastically when I never expected or knew this would happen.

Wow man thats great. Bittersweet I’d imagine...but thats a blessing that I know you’ll make good use of

Wow man thats great. Bittersweet I’d imagine...but thats a blessing that I know you’ll make good use of
I think there's 2 factors that contribute to this strange surreal feeling. On one hand I only have all this now because my dad died at only 55 years old. That's where the kind of bittersweet feeling comes from. On the other hand, aside from the drastic change in financial situation, neither I or my mom were even aware my dad had these kinds of funds. It also means he lied to my face, a lot.

When my mom and I moved away from him during the divorce, we didn't even demand child support and my mom agreed to have him pay her contribution to paying off the house at a very low rate.
For many years it was a bit of a struggle living with my mom but we made it work. However a little over 5 years ago I had to get an expensive lung surgery to remove half of my right lung due to a lung defect that caused internal hemorrhaging. Later the next year my chronic disease that I'm still suffering from now started and gradually got worse. That's when I came to my dad for minor financial help at times.
I never asked for a whole lot. If my mom and I were struggling with our budget to pay for various kinds of medical bills I'd sometimes ask my dad if he could spare €100 or a bit more. I knew he earned at least €2500/month net and his loan to pay off his house was a measly €100/month. The most I had ever asked for to help with medical bills was €300. I really don't think that's much to ask as a chronically ill son. But it would take a lot of convincing, choosing words very carefully to not piss him off, just to convince him for a small contribution of €100. On numerous occasions he refused entirely, saying "he had to live too". If he said no I didn't continue pushing and never made a big deal about it. I never even asked for birthday gifts. In the more recent years I thankfully earn enough online to provide for myself, help out my mom's bills on occasion and some leisure for me.

But after his passing, the bank called us for a meeting to discuss his finances.
And that's when it turned out he has had €300.000 sitting in his bank account the whole time. Talking about "I can't do that, I gotta live too" to his chronically ill son asking for a small contribution of €100 when he has that kind of money just sitting in his account.
Given his alcoholism etc, neither I or my mom expected much and we were completely baffled when we saw the bank accounts. All that money is now in my possession, hence the both bittersweet and strange/surreal feeling of owning all of this now.

Ideally I would like to work towards expanding that capital and purchase a home of my own somewhere down the line. My mom's back problems seem to be getting worse and I'm not sure if she can still work the same hours as a nursing assistant in 5 years or so. On top of that I need some degree of help with my household tasks as well due to my disease.
Given all the work she has been putting in over the years to put food on the table and take care of me, I want to make sure in the next few years that I can take that pressure of rent away and so she can live with me in a house of my own. That's the least I can do and that is my #1 goal for the future.

Last edited:
I think there's 2 factors that contribute to this strange surreal feeling. On one hand I only have all this now because my dad died at only 55 years old. That's where the kind of bittersweet feeling comes from. On the other hand, aside from the drastic change in financial situation, neither I or my mom were even aware my dad had these kinds of funds. It also means he lied to my face, a lot.

When my mom and I moved away from him during the divorce, we didn't even demand child support and my mom agreed to have him pay her contribution to paying off the house at a very low rate.
For many years it was a bit of a struggle living with my mom but we made it work. However a little over 5 years ago I had to get an expensive lung surgery to remove half of my right lung due to a lung defect that caused internal hemorrhaging. Later the next year my chronic disease that I'm still suffering from now started and gradually got worse. That's when I came to my dad for minor financial help at times.
I never asked for a whole lot. If my mom and I were struggling with our budget to pay for various kinds of medical bills I'd sometimes ask my dad if he could spare €100 or a bit more. I knew he earned at least €2500/month net and his loan to pay off his house was a measly €100/month. The most I had ever asked for to help with medical bills was €300. I really don't think that's much to ask as a chronically ill son. But it would take a lot of convincing, choosing words very carefully to not piss him off, just to convince him for a small contribution of €100. On numerous occasions he refused entirely, saying "he had to live too". If he said no I didn't continue pushing and never made a big deal about it. I never even asked for birthday gifts. In the more recent years I thankfully earn enough online to provide for myself, help out my mom's bills on occasion and some leisure for me.

But after his passing, the bank called us for a meeting to discuss his finances.
And that's when it turned out he has had €300.000 sitting in his bank account the whole time. Talking about "I can't do that, I gotta live too" to his chronically ill son asking for a small contribution of €100 when he has that kind of money just sitting in his account.
Given his alcoholism etc, neither I or my mom expected much and we were completely baffled when we saw the bank accounts. All that money is now in my possession, hence the both bittersweet and strange/surreal feeling of owning all of this now.

Ideally I would like to work towards expanding that capital and purchase a home of my own somewhere down the line. My mom's back problems seem to be getting worse and I'm not sure if she can still work the same hours as a nursing assistant in 5 years or so. On top of that I need some degree of help with my household tasks as well due to my disease.
Given all the work she has been putting in over the years to put food on the table and take care of me, I want to make sure in the next few years that I can take that pressure of rent away and so she can live with me in a house of my own. That's the least I can do and that is my #1 goal for the future.

Hopefully those funds help solve a few issues...definitely a bittersweet feeling...man.

This may come off offensive or something or personal but I don't mean it like any of those ways....but do you think it's possible that your old man went out like he did to maybe....make up for everything.......you know what I mean ?

It seems as if everything was set so that when he passed you would be very comfortable. Even to the point where if he died before a certain date that youd get 15,000 euro. That's alot. Then...300,000 euro...what would he have been saving that for

I mean I could be completely wrong I don't know your life.

Last edited:
was in here talking **** about the flyknit aj1s but ended up copping this morning. :lol:

price from sns was too good

Back
Top Bottom