the thread about nothing...

302529509545082880.png

didn't the school year just start? she ain't gonna make it :smh:

E everysingletime

Im hard of hearing. Mild to severe. Been wearing aids since the age of two.

I just got hearing aids from costco believe it or not :rofl: got my appt later today to pick em up.

Ahhh I see. I've only been wearing hearing aids for maybe 8 years now.

Actually I been known I was hard of hearing but I hated getting made fun of at school. So I just made do through the first twenty years of my life.

I only bought one after my last semester of nursing school when a nurse told me to attend to a beeping machine and I couldn't tell which machine was beeping :rofl:

What hearing aids are you getting? I currently got the widex beyond. It's pretty good but I'm upset about all the feedback

Yours must not that be severe if u got through nursing school with it. School for me was hella complicated, even with the aids. I didn't get the help i needed smh.
I never got bullied, sure a couple deaf jokes from the homies but i owned it basically.

Phonak and widex is all i had, no issues. Costco has resound and theyre good, cheaper than the rest too. For feedback, i just learned to deal with it. When growing as a teen i guess my ears would change its size, so my hearing aids never got the "true" fitment.

y'all ever have sex in a car during lunch time? people make it out to seem like a daily thing but man it is too risky

I have high frequency sensorienural hearing loss. Low frequency sounds I can hear like a normal person but my high frequency detection much poorer than most ppl.

What it means for me that vowels (low frequency sounds) I can hear unaided but high frequency sounds (consonants) I can only get right maybe 50 percent of the time.

Growing up I relied on lip reading and just focusing really hard on what's being said. Classes where the tests come from the book I excelled in. Classes where most of the tests come from the lectures I don't do as well in.

Rotating at a hospital for school was a nightmare. I got through it only by luck. I remember one semester my teacher would always wear a mask over her mouth and I understood almost NOTHING of what she said (she took away my ability to lip read) and I had to nod like I understood the whole time. Thankfully no emergency came up at the hospital that semester. And when I graduated I knew my luck couldn't last forever and if I wanted to be a nurse I needed hearing aids lol

I have high frequency sensorienural hearing loss. Low frequency sounds I can hear like a normal person but my high frequency detection much poorer than most ppl.

What it means for me that vowels (low frequency sounds) I can hear unaided but high frequency sounds (consonants) I can only get right maybe 50 percent of the time.

Growing up I relied on lip reading and just focusing really hard on what's being said. Classes where the tests come from the book I excelled in. Classes where most of the tests come from the lectures I don't do as well in.

Rotating at a hospital for school was a nightmare. I got through it only by luck. I remember one semester my teacher would always wear a mask over her mouth and I understood almost NOTHING of what she said (she took away my ability to lip read) and I had to nod like I understood the whole time. Thankfully no emergency came up at the hospital that semester. And when I graduated I knew my luck couldn't last forever and if I wanted to be a nurse I needed hearing aids lol

Yeah i know All about that.

Youre lucky man, since ur not that severe.
Ppl dont realize even with aids its difficult. I hate it when i hear " you have aids you should hear."

No

Nice to meet another nter with hearing aids tho! Its cool to meet ppl who are alike

Unlike ahat ahat ....

I met this turkish dude on here before but lost contact with him.

Btw, since u excel in testing, come take this test for me and ill pay u on the side fam

Caller : i need to replace my dentures they were lost

Me : if you dont mind me asking how were they lost

Caller : i was tied up at gunpoint and theu stole my truck . my purse and wallet was in there

Me

Attachments

• th (2).jpg
    th (2).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1
Booked a hotel room at Peppermill at the border of Nevada and Utah. That'll be an interesting stop lol.

Back
Top Bottom