the thread about nothing...

No way I'm typing up all that on my phone :lol:
I am home a lot due to my chronic disease so on many occasions I'm posting with my laptop.

Can you go into detail as to why you chose the business of selling ig names and how you got into it. Also how you learned it as well as the pros and cons of doing what you do.
And can you also go into detail about what a normal day is like for you

Ew adidas.

IMG_0402.PNG

Can you go into detail as to why you chose the business of selling ig names and how you got into it. Also how you learned it as well as the pros and cons of doing what you do.
And can you also go into detail about what a normal day is like for you
Prepare for another essay b :lol:
The first questions are pretty much answered in that essay from earlier.
Edit: Pros & cons
Pros:

- Decent money, helped out significantly to pitch in for my mom with my medical bills, self-funding all my needs and gaining some excess funds for leisure on top of that.

- Generally really enjoyable for me. The continually evolving process of working on my username list, staying up to date and of course the process of doing business with others.

- I can run my autoclaimer program almost indefinitely on loop so I don't even need to be at my laptop for it to continue working in the background. Sometimes I leave it on overnight and wake up with a new username the next day.

Negatives:
- Legally in a grey area and depending on how you go about it you can certainly cross into straight up illegal territory.

- Long time of initial learning and studying required to understand both how to acquire usernames and how the market works. It's especially hard for beginners as the process is continually evolving and trends may die out and new ones arise while you're still learning the steps

- Requires quite a bit of effort to make some serious profit

- Dealing with a lot of timewasters, lowballers and people who back out of a deal at the last second when selling

- Risk of getting scammed in deals if you don't take proper precautions. I accept most of my payments in Bitcoin and am very careful in selecting who I'd take Paypal from and I've still had 2 scam attempts on Paypal. One was a $400+ transaction for a Kik, which the buyer tried to chargeback under "unauthorized payment" dispute. Thankfully he lost said dispute and I got my money either way, same with the other chargeback case.

A normal day for me is usually spent mostly at home, though on the weekends I usually go out with friends to the bar or other activities that aren't too physically strenuous.
I get up in the morning, not too early as I generally don't need to do so. After oatmeal breakfast I shower etc. and usually do some household tasks first before going upstairs to my computer or xbox.

After lunch, if the weather is decent enough in the afternoon and my legs aren't too worn out from previous physical activity, I go for a ride on my electric bicycle. At least an hour unless the wind is really strong. I still get leg cramps the whole time while cycling even with the engine on but at least it's bearable and I can traverse pretty good distances thanks to the engine making the activity much less strenuous for my legs. That way I can slowly build up my leg muscles again as my condition slowly improves under my current hormone treatment.

I then usually spend the rest of my afternoon on my laptop working on my online business on various fronts, browsing the internet and/or continuing my online courses. Since I spend quite a lot of time at home I always engage in conversations with close friends throughout the day.
Depending on the day, part of that afternoon can also consist of playing Xbox in group voice chat with some of my close irl friends if they're available.

The same mostly applies to the evening after dinner as well, minus the cycling. Any time I'm on my laptop I'm also working on my business as it is a continually evolving process. After 9-10PM I watch my tv shows and shortly before going to sleep I study my old anatomy book from nursing school a bit. I also watch soccer very often and once my friend's dad gets us the hookup for good seats from a club official, we'll also frequently be going to the AA Gent stadium to support our favorite domestic club live.

In short, it probably sounds very boring to most people but I have to make dues with my physical limitations at this time due to the chronic disease. I never really get bored anymore tbh, I find my "work" very enjoyable and I can enjoy solitary activity just as much as social activity with friends. For several months I initially struggled a lot coming to terms with my chronic condition after I had to drop out of nursing school because my disease was pretty rapidly declining but eventually I got back on my feet (mentally) and have been a much stronger man ever since. I had a pretty great social life back then when I was still getting my nursing bachelor but unfortunately that's not so much the case now.
My days can vary a bit of course, friends visiting, ... but for the most part I'd describe the above as a normal day.

I get those kind of questions all the time irl; how I spend my time at home, what's the latest updates on my chronic disease, ... I'm used to having to go in significant detail when necessary, especially for my close friends' parents. I suppose it carried over in the length of my posts on NT. A few years ago I definitely didn't use to type such long posts so often as I do now.

Last edited:
Listening to Malcom Gladwell on the breakfast club makes me want to do better.

This man is so intelligent. Could I have just a fraction of this man's wisdom?

Listening to Malcom Gladwell on the breakfast club makes me want to do better.

This man is so intelligent. Could I have just a fraction of this man's wisdom?

Have the outliers..didn't read it yet..u should watch his 60 minute interview

I suddenly have to pee, or get the urge to pee every time i walk in to my laundry room

i'm trying to figure why this is happening

Went to Costco again with my coworker..Monday she ordered a cake..today we picked it up

Samples were LIT:

pigs in blanket
pretzels
cheddar
meatballs
Figs
Mini chicken sandwhiches

I feel like the department I'm leaving next Friday, is going to go down hill. There hasn't been any communication on who is being considered as a replacement nor any plans on who temporarily lead when I'm gone.

Oh, well. :lol:

I feel like the department I'm leaving next Friday, is going to go down hill. There hasn't been any communication on who is being considered as a replacement nor any plans on who temporarily lead when I'm gone.

Oh, well. :lol:

Sounds like my job. Management is pretty crap and don't know what they're doing. For some example, there are some floors where there still isn't a regular nurse posted (either because they're on extended leave or they've been no call no show for forever) and all they do is rotate extra nurses to that floor everyday instead of finding a replacement.

23kidd, am I buggin but did you say you wear hearing aids in the hurricane harvey thread?

I wear hearing aids. If yes, what hearing loss do you have and what hearing aids do you have

Back
Top Bottom