the thread about nothing...

laugh.gif

E
I love Mooney, but in addition to creating some careers, he's also partly responsible for Dave Chappelle's meltdown and Dave quitting Chappelles Show. Him and Bill Burr :lol:

Elaborate

Anyone familiar with Paul Mooney knows how he is. When it comes to race, he feels some type of way.. and rightfully so. He's in his mid 70s and grew up in the South. Jim Crow laws weren't abolished until he was in his mid 20s. He's very sensitive to racial issues and makes sure his opinion on everything is known. When Dave worked with Paul on Chappelles show, he really looked up to him. Patrice Oneal, who also worked on Chappelles Show, had alluded to Dave's sensitivity and subsequent meltdown being due largely in part to outside influences getting in his ear and filling his head with their opinions. He wouldn't say that it was Paul specifically, but anyone with knowledge of the Show can tell you that was the case.

As for Bill Burr, his laugh was essentially the straw that broke the camels back. Dave had been growing weary of the show and was beginning to question much of the programs content (which is ironic considering it was Dave's show and he was in charge of the vast majority of the content) . Everything broke loose when he was filming the racial pixie sketch and someone off stage laughed. Dave was quoted as saying that you can tell if someone is laughing with you or at you. He then stormed off stage and the quit the show. Bill was interviewed about the incident and while he didn't directly say it was he who laughed, he didn't deny it either and even alluded to the fact that it in fact was him.

I walk mad fast. These buses must run every 15 minutes :smh:
It's better to walk fast than to walk slow :lol:
I think I got on the wrong bus, I only had four dollars for two fares. I used them both...
You gonna have yo some weird stuff
I think it was fate that I have my jobs new attendance number in my wallet that my supervisor gave me yesterday. I'm gonna be a Lil late

Oh TAN fam, I was about to flip a ****. We stopped at the damb transfer station, I'm sitting here thinking f this, I'm calling out. Like three people ain't get up, went right back to my seat. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom