The Thread About Nothing. SNEAKER EDITION

^^^ me, my older bro, and our homie down the street all had these in the exact colorway. Top 5 Iverson for sure. They need to go ahead and retro these and the 6s.

I always preferred the Answer I over those. It's pretty funny how the Answer didn't do well but the Question did (talking about the recent retros), kind of weird.

Last edited:
Prestos are one of my all time favorites.

The original Presto IDs from 2001 were really nice. They had the ID embossed into the plastic lace holder, instead of printed on the heel like later editions.

Kind of wish I was around to see earlier IDs

Early IDs were dope. I remember wanting the GP3s so bad, but never getting them.

I think they also had the other Morph shoes (Kidds and Pippens) available for customization also but I'm not quite sure. Anyone remember ?

Someone should have made an ID archive. Think the earliest IDs I've seen were from one of the NT PE collectors with some 1st run AF1s.

I wish the left What The Lebron 11 shoe was the right shoe too. Right side is wack imo, but that left shoe. :pimp:

Them ***** are ugly.
laugh.gif

What the is the worst cw ever. If both shoes looked da same woulda been straight but two sneakers that look completely different? ?? Its the most obvious hype driven shoe. U slow if u think that looks good.

It's really hard to sell a pair of Chuck Taylors

I tried a while ago cuz I had some rare ones (was really into chucks for like 2 years) but I ended up just selling em all cheap to one thrift place and donating some.
Missoni ones are the only ones imo you get get any real $$$ for....any others cats just go to da sto/outlet lol

Last edited:
It's really hard to sell a pair of Chuck Taylors
I tried a while ago cuz I had some rare ones (was really into chucks for like 2 years) but I ended up just selling em all cheap to one thrift place and donating some.
Missoni ones are the only ones imo you get get any real $$$ for....any others cats just go to da sto/outlet lol
Well damb. I'm not really a Cons 'head (although I buy the black/white ones most of the time) so I wouldn't know if which is hyped and which is not.

I really don't know how much these are worth, so can anyone tell me the retail for these?

These dropped in the countdown pack and sat on shelves AND dropped again 2 years later by themselves and sat on shelves. They are pretty underrated to be honest. These along with olives are the best IX's
I agree. Both of them are really clean colorways.

It's kinda hard to get by these these days. Some of 'em are being used as trade bait 
nerd.gif

I'm so damn mad at myself for not getting Charcoal IXs when they got low in price last time. Those are my favorite IXs followed by the White/Blacks. Might have to see what an '02 pair goes for of the White/Blacks now.

Now that the hype has been dead for awhile, I want the Olive 9's. How much are they hitting for?

Haven't bought a 9 since the OG's dropped, it's been too long.

Cool grey XI's from '02 were hard to come by and a very sought after shoe then the 2012 drop came and the shoe lost a lot of it luster.

Why is it when some shoes retro they're not as popular like the cool grey 9's playoff 8's and others retro and gain even more mystique like the royal 1's or space jams?

Edit- the loss of luster applies to the olives as well. They dropped were hyped for a month and no one is checking for them. But 4 years ago the olives were brought up as everyone's grail

Last edited:

I get it's hype but some shoes are hyped and then get even MORE hype after a retro and other shoes are hype and lose a ton of hype after the retro. Like I remember the black tongue fire red V's dropping in '06 and they were hyped then last years black tongue fire red dropped and no one cared. Grape 5's dropped in '06 and were relatively hyped. Dropped again last year and people went nuts!

true, good thing I enjoy the aesthetics of them or they would be another of a long line of stupid purchases

Back
Top Bottom