The Tesla Motors Appreciation Thread

Well I got to sit in a CT finally and I was disappointed. It’s decision time…. Do I accept mine and sell for What I paid or just not go through and eat the 1k deposit…. Ugh! This sucks

Well I got to sit in a CT finally and I was disappointed. It’s decision time…. Do I accept mine and sell for What I paid or just not go through and eat the 1k deposit…. Ugh! This sucks

Can you ask if they can hold your order for Non-Foundation? 20k Mark up is not worth it. I got mine in April.. 4k miles in so far. Other than some cosmetic issues that got fixed right away, it has been the best daily driver I've owned.

Can you ask if they can hold your order for Non-Foundation? 20k Mark up is not worth it. I got mine in April.. 4k miles in so far. Other than some cosmetic issues that got fixed right away, it has been the best daily driver I've owned.
No they wont transfer over the 1k deposit to a non FS but that isn’t my issue. For me personally I feel there is value in the FS and idk have no problem paying the 20k for it but the interior space is much much smaller than I expected.

My Raptor has significantly more space both in height and width. Three adults fit just fine in my Raptor, not happening in a CT.

I do t doubt that it’s an amazing drive and I might keep it for a few hundred miles just to experience it but that would be it. I’d sell and get a more spacious daily.

I can’t remember, did you get a beast or AWD?

Considering leasing a Tesla in the next two months-

Can yall give me the 3-5 most annoying things about having a Tesla? Like things you wish you knew before you took the plunge, things to look out for etc? Key card/ fob issues? Charging issues? Repairs?

I wanna go electric but can’t decide if it’s too much of a hassle.

I hated regen at first. Someone said to give it another try and l ended up loving it. It makes so much sense once you get the hang of it.

I’ve had no issues so far with my 24’ Model Y.

buy a roof shade if you live in really hot areas like me. Car turns into a sauna.

Can yall give me the 3-5 most annoying things about having a Tesla? Like things you wish you knew before you took the plunge, things to look out for etc? Key card/ fob issues? Charging issues? Repairs?

I’ve owned a 3 and now own a Y.

Fun car. Like the continuous OTA updates. Random new ****/updates will happen that you’re like oh nice. Easy app to use with some good controls (and camera access).

Few things I don’t like-
-range is super inaccurate. You get shorted a lot
-going to a supercharger to charge all the time I’m sure can get annoying af (I charge at work, very rarely at home. Almost never at a supercharger)
-quality is trash. Feels like it would be sold at ikea
-back to the range. You’re not supposed to let the battery drop under 10%(or is it 20%?) and you’re only supposed to go up to 80% (for daily driving). So you’re essentially getting 70% of battery (with a significantly less range than advertised- in my case at least)

I’ve owned a 3 and now own a Y.

Fun car. Like the continuous OTA updates. Random new ****/updates will happen that you’re like oh nice. Easy app to use with some good controls (and camera access).

Few things I don’t like-
-range is super inaccurate. You get shorted a lot
-going to a supercharger to charge all the time I’m sure can get annoying af (I charge at work, very rarely at home. Almost never at a supercharger)
-quality is trash. Feels like it would be sold at ikea
-back to the range. You’re not supposed to let the battery drop under 10%(or is it 20%?) and you’re only supposed to go up to 80% (for daily driving). So you’re essentially getting 70% of battery (with a significantly less range than advertised- in my case at least)

What was the reason you got another one after deciding the quality was trash?

townbidness townbidness yeah no chance I’m buying 😂

Love my Y. Had it now 2 yrs. I have a wall charger at home and super convenient not having to allocate time to gas up at the station. I commute 5 days with it (100 mi RT each day) and saves me $$. Cant hate anything about it even though i paid the high price. No regrets. Got the xpel stealth on it right away and now searching for aftermarket 21s or 22s
IMG_8418.jpeg

What was the reason you got another one after deciding the quality was trash?
I needed a little more space and was able to qualify for the fed rebate and a local California rebate. Along with charging for free basically 99% of the time . So for that reason, everything kinda offsets to me.

Love my Y. Had it now 2 yrs. I have a wall charger at home and super convenient not having to allocate time to gas up at the station. I commute 5 days with it (100 mi RT each day) and saves me $$. Cant hate anything about it even though i paid the high price. No regrets. Got the xpel stealth on it right away and now searching for aftermarket 21s or 22s
IMG_8418.jpeg
Has having a wall charger affect your electricity bill in a big way?

Not really. I get to charge after midnight when it’s cheaper. And i just recently got Solar for my house so now essentially I can charge for “free” in the afternoon as well after work

Last edited:

My main gripe is the phone as key does not work well at all and the key card is just as bad. I have to take my phone out of my pocket just to get the car to sense it. Otherwise sentry mode starts going off. Very annoying, and it does the same thing on my wife’s Model Y. I got her a key fob and it works perfectly. The cars should just come with the key fob standard.

Second gripe is model dependent. I have a ‘23 Model 3 performance. The 20 inch rims with rubber band tires they put on this model are horrible. None of the other oem rims fit also. My first day driving the car I was still getting used to it and slightly scratched the rim pulling into my driveway. First day! You KNOW that hurt. Wish there was an 19 inch rim option for better ride comfort as well. I put a rim case from magbak on the wheels and haven’t had any issues but the rim case makes the rim lip stick out a bit. I will be buying after market 19’s. Still searching for some I really like. Tesla also sells a “track pack” that includes different rims but those are 20 inch rims also. SMH

As you can see, I don’t have many gripes at all. I bought my wife a Model Y and loved it so much I went back and got a Model 3 Performance for myself. Definitely buy/lease the performance trims. I wish I knew this when we got my wife’s Model Y. The performance drives so much better and is so much more fun. My wife’s long range is fun to drive and it’s quick but that instant acceleration from the my performance is incredible.

I have a CT reservation as well and I’m hoping I don’t get that call for many more months because I really love my Model 3 and don’t want to trade it in. I would rather keep the 3 a few more years and cop a Model S plaid for me and an X for my wife.

My main gripe is the phone as key does not work well at all and the key card is just as bad. I have to take my phone out of my pocket just to get the car to sense it. Otherwise sentry mode starts going off. Very annoying, and it does the same thing on my wife’s Model Y. I got her a key fob and it works perfectly. The cars should just come with the key fob standard.

Second gripe is model dependent. I have a ‘23 Model 3 performance. The 20 inch rims with rubber band tires they put on this model are horrible. None of the other oem rims fit also. My first day driving the car I was still getting used to it and slightly scratched the rim pulling into my driveway. First day! You KNOW that hurt. Wish there was an 19 inch rim option for better ride comfort as well. I put a rim case from magbak on the wheels and haven’t had any issues but the rim case makes the rim lip stick out a bit. I will be buying after market 19’s. Still searching for some I really like. Tesla also sells a “track pack” that includes different rims but those are 20 inch rims also. SMH

As you can see, I don’t have many gripes at all. I bought my wife a Model Y and loved it so much I went back and got a Model 3 Performance for myself. Definitely buy/lease the performance trims. I wish I knew this when we got my wife’s Model Y. The performance drives so much better and is so much more fun. My wife’s long range is fun to drive and it’s quick but that instant acceleration from the my performance is incredible.

I have a CT reservation as well and I’m hoping I don’t get that call for many more months because I really love my Model 3 and don’t want to trade it in. I would rather keep the 3 a few more years and cop a Model S plaid for me and an X for my wife.

Ooof yeah. I’ve heard phone as key was not well implemented. Kinda ridiculous that it doesn’t come with fobs

I haven't had a tesla since I sold my model S in 2017 but if I remember only the Model s and x came with key fobs. lower end models didn't get anything

Back
Top Bottom