THE SHOP LeBron James & Maverick Carter Series Season 5

I loved it, it was dope seeing LeBron unfiltered. Hearing him curse, say N and talk about not liking wypipo. I loved it. I enjoyed him talking about Trayvon and how that made a huge impact on him and made him want to do more.

I liked OBJ's zoo animal comparison, I think it's wild people ask him to dance. That's wild to me.

Jon Stewart didn't really fit.

Was shocked to see Draymond there.

I can't stand that "comedian" with the sweater on. His jokes weren't funny and he sounds so weird.

It was funny seeing who was actually getting a cut and who wasn't. Vince Staples and Draymond gotta cut while there.
I think the dancing thing is that, you get labeled for doing certain stuff. That happens with every celebrity or person in the public eye. Comedians err told to make me laugh or fave Chappell’s to say a rock james line etc. they aren’t people to everybody else. They are entertainment.

Tim Duncan was a role player in those last two finals trips. The team went from being team orientated to being based around Kawhi and went from being big dominate to passing and shooting threes.
LOL Spurs don't win anything without Duncan on those squads. To me role player means interchangeable. Duncan was an essential piece on all of those teams.

I don't think there's a person I hate more than Whitlock

David West is a close second though

Eh I’m not going to go that far. I find it disengenuous to start saying igga if you weren’t raised around that. I grew up in the suburbs watching cartoons and playing video games. It wasn’t part of our vocabulary. So by the time I went to HS in the city, it’d be phony if I just started following the trend of saying it. Nothing deep seeded about it

This is a take that I pretty much took from Dan Lebatard earlier this week: Bron in one episode of this show has more effectively done what The Players' Tribune has tried to do in its entire existence. I've read some great pieces from players off Players' Tribune, but to hear athletes speak unfiltered, in the moment, is pretty refreshing. Athletes really are taking powers into their own hands and some media-types feel legit threatened by things like this show. Awesome to see though.

This is a take that I pretty much took from Dan Lebatard earlier this week: Bron in one episode of this show has more effectively done what The Players' Tribune has tried to do in its entire existence. I've read some great pieces from players off Players' Tribune, but to hear athletes speak unfiltered, in the moment, is pretty refreshing. Athletes really are taking powers into their own hands and some media-types feel legit threatened by things like this show. Awesome to see though.
YESSS, thought this was a great comparison as far as being an visual version of the Players Tribune. I loved the unfiltered and realness in the tone of the people who spoke as well. You may not agree with everything people say but you have to give credit where its dues in terms of people being honest and not trying to dance around certain issues. In reference to the comedian and not liking his voice, he is actually a well rounded comedian and intelligent person all together.

upload_2018-8-30_17-41-7.jpeg
:pimp:

This was a dumb statement and based off one person.

This is like saying all black people say it.

We don't. I don't.

I love my people too much to call them that.

The reason black people say it is because we have deep rooted issues.

That is a HELL of a hot take. The last part....
Yeah that last part is some insecurity and projecting to me. Some people reasons for saying it are stupid but as ever but all that anti blackness can't ride with that. Sounds like dude saying its one way to be black and if not you saying that word you might be a sellout and again I can't ride with that.

This was a dumb statement and based off one person.

This is like saying all black people say it.

We don't. I don't.

I love my people too much to call them that.

The reason black people say it is because we have deep rooted issues.
Funny thing is I think you're just as insecure and projecting as the dude you quoted. Folks on the extreme on both sides are on some stuff honestly.

Funny thing is I think you're just as insecure and projecting as the dude you quoted. Folks on the extreme on both sides are on some stuff honestly.

Do you know the definition of insecure and projection? I know they're three syllable words, but damn.

So why do black people use the word?

its conditioning

the same word they used to denigrate they sold back to us out our own mouth 400 years later as white label execs pushing poison into the community

but it is what it is

and we (some) black people take the negative and turn it to a positive

as if by using the word differently we (some) take ownership of it

but the truth is we (some) dont because as has been discussed ad nauseum everyone (of different races/ethnicities) wants/has "the right"

but by its a word that has caused the black community specifically so much pain

we feel as if our decision to flip the meaning should make its use exclusive to us

but we dont own ****

Do you know the definition of insecure and projection? I know they're three syllable words, but damn.

So why do black people use the word?
Oh no not the Internet do you know the definition trope? Yawn. Yeah I know do you know? If you're not smart enough to know why they use the word maybe you're only black in color.

I appreciate Lebron more for continuing to use his platform for ways he sees fit. That's commendable.

I also agree w/ Draymond's bigger point of, just because you have the platform, you don't have to use it if you really don't have something to contribute just because you have it.

Oh no not the Internet do you know the definition trope? Yawn. Yeah I know do you know? If you're not smart enough to know why they use the word maybe you're only black in color.

From your misuse of the English language and your use of "they"

You're the one who isn't a black American.

Back
Top Bottom