THE SHOP LeBron James & Maverick Carter Series Season 5

HBO Sports is collaborating with LeBron James and Maverick Carter’s digital media company, Uninterrupted, to present the unscripted series The Shop, exclusively on HBO. Offering unfiltered conversation and debate with some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment, the show will air periodically throughout the year.

The show has a great time slot.

Off the one episode I can see it doing alot of Seasons easily.

As long as they countinue to mix up the people in the shop itll be interesting.

Would be dope if they shook MJ out of his treehouse for a talk.

Their conversation about whether Tom Brady is great because of his own attributes or because he plays in Bill Belichick's system had me thinking about MJ, Phil Jackson, and the triangle.

Basically, was MJ great because he had it in him, or because he worked in the triangle? As a coach, Phil took the triangle elsewhere and reproduced greatness, sans Jordan, using a different set of personnel. Jordan without Phil and the triangle proved to be very lacking, so who really was the author of the legend that is 23? MJ or the system he played in?

**puts flame suit on just in case**

Last edited:
Their conversation about whether Tom Brady is great because of his own attributes or because he plays in Bill Belichick's system had me thinking about MJ and Phil Jackson. Was MJ great because he had it in him, or was it all the triangle? As a coach, Phil took the triangle elsewhere and reproduced greatness. Jordan without Phil and the triangle was very lacking. So which was it?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-before-and-after-phil-jackson-was-his-coach

As a fan and supporter of LeBron, I did find the comments at least far as the "headlines" a bit unsettling.

Won't delve deeper until I get a chance to watch the show.

Their conversation about whether Tom Brady is great because of his own attributes or because he plays in Bill Belichick's system had me thinking about MJ, Phil Jackson, and the triangle.

Basically, was MJ great because he had it in him, or because he worked in the triangle? As a coach, Phil took the triangle elsewhere and reproduced greatness, sans Jordan, using a different set of personnel. Jordan without Phil and the triangle proved to be very lacking, so who really was the author of the legend that is 23? MJ or the system he played in?

My thoughts

Everyone benefits/suffers from the system/coach they play in/for.

That isn't to say anyone couldn't be just as successful in other systems or if they were playing for other coaches, but the system matters for sure.

Everything matters.

Might sound slightly #MagicJohnsonTweet- ish, but I just felt it needed to be restated.

What?

Bad comparison.

Mike would be great in any system. He was great in college. He was averaging over 28 points as a rookie. Winning helps determine greatness, but he was a hall of fame player and would have been one of the best ever regardless if he got drafted by Portland or Houston. Look at his teammates he was carrying to the playoffs with Doug Collins.

You can't say the same about Phil, because he never didn't have Mike, Kobe or Shaq. He never joined a team like Larry Brown and helped build it, or won through different star players and systems like Popovich.

In football it's more of a team system and 11, 22, 45 players working as one. In addition to the coaching, which is more important in football than the other major sports.

wheres the unedited version at hbo won't let me watch it yet

What?

Bad comparison.

Mike would be great in any system. He was great in college. He was averaging over 28 points as a rookie. Winning helps determine greatness, but he was a hall of fame player and would have been one of the best ever regardless if he got drafted by Portland or Houston. Look at his teammates he was carrying to the playoffs with Doug Collins.

You can't say the same about Phil, because he never didn't have Mike, Kobe or Shaq. He never joined a team like Larry Brown and helped build it, or won through different star players and systems like Popovich.

In football it's more of a team system and 11, 22, 45 players working as one. In addition to the coaching, which is more important in football than the other major sports.

dude has never won a damn thing without TD

dude has never won a damn thing without TD

Tim Duncan was a role player in those last two finals trips. The team went from being team orientated to being based around Kawhi and went from being big dominate to passing and shooting threes.

Tim Duncan was a role player in those last two finals trips. The team went from being team orientated to being based around Kawhi and went from being big dominate to passing and shooting threes.

a "role player" that avg'd 15 and 10

that was a team effort they weren't based around khawhi he only lead them in blocks in the finals and avg'd 12 pts in the regular season and played 66 games

That was still Tim's team and like i said that haven't won a thing without him

I loved it, it was dope seeing LeBron unfiltered. Hearing him curse, say N and talk about not liking wypipo. I loved it. I enjoyed him talking about Trayvon and how that made a huge impact on him and made him want to do more.

I liked OBJ's zoo animal comparison, I think it's wild people ask him to dance. That's wild to me.

Jon Stewart didn't really fit.

Was shocked to see Draymond there.

I can't stand that "comedian" with the sweater on. His jokes weren't funny and he sounds so weird.

It was funny seeing who was actually getting a cut and who wasn't. Vince Staples and Draymond gotta cut while there.

Back
Top Bottom