"The Shield" Appreciation....one of the most brilliant shows EVER....

shield_final_act.jpg

I just finished season 7 earlier this weekend. My goodness....from the very first episode in season 1, it's virtually impossible not to be hooked. Idon't want to give anything away about the series, but if you're into shows with great writing, story lines, engaging characters, etc then this is aperfect show for you. Over the course of the series there are moments where you're
laugh.gif
smh.gif
and more specifically...
eek.gif

I could go on and on, but this show is appreciated!

I completely agree. If this show was on HBO is would have been huge. It had some of the best writing and acting I have ever seen on a cable network drama

funny this thread popped up now. I just started the 1st season this week and its a
pimp.gif
show so far. Glad its 7 seasons haha. keep me busy into the fall withsomething to watch

Originally Posted by YuraS718

funny this thread popped up now. I just started the 1st season this week and its a
pimp.gif
show so far. Glad its 7 seasons haha. keep me busy into the fall with something to watch
That first episode set the tone for the entire series....I was
eek.gif
after watching...

***don't click the spoiler if you haven't seen all 7 seasons...***

Spoiler [+]
the murder suicide was something I wasn't expecting....I had no clue Shane had it in him to take his whole family and unborn child...

One of the most slept-on shows in the history of T.V.

NTers too busy fascinated with The Wire.

I'm gonna say it once and for all...The Shield>>>>>>The Wire.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shield is probably the best show I have ever seen on television. Ended right on time too. Just perfect at 7 seasons. The end episode I watched the credits andjust sat there in awe at the episode. Very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Shield is probably the best show I have ever seen on television. Ended right on time too. Just perfect at 7 seasons. The end episode I watched the credits and just sat there in awe at the episode. Very much appreciated.
I couldn't agree more....They tied up all the loose ends, but not to the point where anything felt rushed. Series ended at the perfect time. Aside from The Wire, I think the Shield is a VERY close 2nd as far as "brilliant" TV shows....

I can only imagine what The Shield would have been like had it been on a network like HBO.....

Cronicmole, the camerawork was intentionally done that way to add realism to the show. Notice that music was never added to a scene throughout the seriesunless someone happened to be playing it on a radio at the time.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Cronicmole, the camerawork was intentionally done that way to add realism to the show. Notice that music was never added to a scene throughout the series unless someone happened to be playing it on a radio at the time.

The camerawork gave it a real gritty feel....

Good call on the music...I didn't realize it until you mentioned it....

Loved this show..........right on par with The Wire.

Just started watching Sons of Anarchy........looks to be a great series as well

good show. I wish the series finale ending was better though, guess he got it coming.

pimp.gif
Def in my top 3...

i'm conflicted tho...i don't believe they got away with some much on FX but always thought how different it would be for better/worse on like HBO

The Shield, The Wire and The Sopranos...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but as usual instead of appreciating them all in their own category you'll have a million posts in here saying this > that etc etc
smh.gif

I couldn't agree more....They tied up all the loose ends, but not to the point where anything felt rushed. Series ended at the perfect time. Aside from The Wire, I think the Shield is a VERY close 2nd as far as "brilliant" TV shows....

I can only imagine what The Shield would have been like had it been on a network like HBO.....

I think it would have been pretty much the same thing with maybe a few F bombs dropped in. Think about it, what show before this one got away with as much asthey did on regulare cable. Show started out in what 01? Remember all the crazy +!#+ they did during the 1st season?

This and 24 are the one shows that always had me like at a ton of moments during the season and then the season finales were had me ITCHING for it to beJanuary already

Spoiler [+]
Top 3 moments that had me shocked were Vic killing the UC, Shane killing Lem, then Shane offing the family

Back
Top Bottom