THE ROOTS RETIRE!

The Roots retire, effective March 2009. They will be the house band on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon when he takes over.

frown.gif

^ Good question, but *!@... Jimmy Fallon? If this is a retirement from albums as well, maybe Tariq is about to go solo?

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Retire or retire from touring?
He says something about recording, but I can't make it out because of the damn music playing with the video.

I hope they still plan on making albums, but even if they just stop touring it's a damn shame as they're one of the best live acts out there.

And after Plan Beats stomps you out, I lean over and.....

c2f2563e7453a559323fd78e33665a9954a0916.jpg

mad.gif
Why'd you make him do it?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Good. They haven't been enjoyable since about 2000.

You didnt enjoy Game Theory or Rising Down? if not thats you, but realize that's your opinion, people be stating $@%% like its the end all be all

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Good. They haven't been enjoyable since about 2000.

You didnt enjoy Game Theory or Rising Down? if not thats you, but realize that's your opinion, people be stating $@%% like its the end all be all
They sold out to the indie/hipster crowd and lost all the edge they had through the '90s. Listen to Come Alive and tell me they've beenthe same. They've just been boring as hell for years now.

Nah they will keep making albums if there's a demand of some sort, he said "Were not breaking up, because we still have a record deal and allthat" So Im sure there will be more music, the Dude that runs the band for Conan's show now, Mark Winestien has had his band going all the time, whiletaking other druming gigs, Im sure Quest is gonna be around and if anything there will be more featurings by Black Thought which is good

Not enjoyable, you people serious? Probably the been making the most solid hiphop music. Hope they still drop a few albums I could do with a couple more....

Now I feel like a 8===========D for not going to see them thursday
smh.gif

I WILL SEE THEM AGAIN BEFORE MARCH THO... BET THAT

Its funny how people just want to hear the same @!+@ over and over and over again from their favorite artists.

Like, I can understand if you are a roots fan, and you don't like how their style has evolved over the years.

But you're trying to tell me, that if you had never heard of the Roots before and then listened to Game Theory, that you wouldn't say it was a damngood album? I don't believe that.

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Its funny how people just want to hear the same @!+@ over and over and over again from their favorite artists.

Like, I can understand if you are a roots fan, and you don't like how their style has evolved over the years.

But you're trying to tell me, that if you had never heard of the Roots before and then listened to Game Theory, that you wouldn't say it was a damn good album? I don't believe that.

Unfortunately, I live in reality, and not in hypothetical situations, and in REALITY, I paid money for that album, and ended up giving it to some hippie kidinstead of $5 that I was short for pot.

Back
Top Bottom