THE ROOTS RETIRE!

i saw them at the hollywood palladiem they were realy good. guy with the tuba was sick!!!

Originally Posted by hugebird

CrimsonCloudAttire wrote:

Its funny how people just want to hear the same @!+@ over and over and over again from their favorite artists.

Like, I can understand if you are a roots fan, and you don't like how their style has evolved over the years.

But you're trying to tell me, that if you had never heard of the Roots before and then listened to Game Theory, that you wouldn't say it was a damn
good album? I don't believe that.

Unfortunately, I live in reality, and not in hypothetical situations, and in REALITY, I paid money for that album, and ended up giving it to some hippie kid
instead of $5 that I was short for pot.

What ever to each his own i guess, opinions are like %%% holes, you're in the vast minority though

9ea354695d1027721bf02a2073589f2181b2745.gif

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Its funny how people just want to hear the same @!+@ over and over and over again from their favorite artists.

Like, I can understand if you are a roots fan, and you don't like how their style has evolved over the years.

But you're trying to tell me, that if you had never heard of the Roots before and then listened to Game Theory, that you wouldn't say it was a damn good album? I don't believe that.

Unfortunately, I live in reality, and not in hypothetical situations, and in REALITY, I paid money for that album, and ended up giving it to some hippie kid instead of $5 that I was short for pot.
Album was phenomenal. It's a shame you, and others can't realize that.

Perhaps, lay off the reefer.

tired.gif
I've passed up like 4 chances to see them again this year (partlybecause of other people
smh.gif
)
I'm not missing another CA show if i can help it.

I don't even know what to say. Musically, this is about the worst news I could imagine right now. And I really had no idea how many people disliked GameTheory.

But you're trying to tell me, that if you had never heard of the Roots before and then listened to Game Theory, that you wouldn't say it was a damn good album? I don't believe that.

Unfortunately, I live in reality, and not in hypothetical situations, and in REALITY, I paid money for that album, and ended up giving it to some hippie kid instead of $5 that I was short for pot.

Word...its sad dude and others can't appreciate the greatness of that album.

First sentence, no. Second sentence, damn no.

^^ your wrong.

But I'm curious. To those that take exception with game theory. Why? And I don't wanna hear comparisons to any other roots album.

Game Theory is one of the best Hip Hop albums of the new millennium.
It's dark, it has a consistent vibe throughout. It's a real album. Something hip hop has lacked for a long time now.

This hurts me alot. I just hope they can trek down to DC erry' few months.
laugh.gif

This is what ?uest said:

"yeah its hard to make this announcement
cause its not like we wanted to pull the heartstrings on some "this is our last tour" cause we will forever do gigs....i mean people east of chicago shouldn't fear and im certain that on weekends we could trek to an occasional seattle or diego.

but obviously europe and abroad could miss out (then again 10 weeks off and once he gets nuff reruns under his belt could mean more gig time.)

i see the possible chance of this being a "bigger" move...but on the real? i dont know if i want to be 40 on the road and single no more. and with the kids my group has now getting older, its harder for the guys to leave more than it was when the kids were 2 and 3. and i cant even start to go on that path til a woman takes me seriously. and aint noone taking a man serious who is in his own home for only 3 months out the year. i been in my crib since 2006 and i STILL aint unpack everything yet.

i pray this show dont take the chevy road just yet. imma love my new home at 30 rock. 2 visits and im already on first name basis with the snl cats."
My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

This hurts me alot. I just hope they can trek down to DC erry' few months.
laugh.gif

This is what ?uest said:

"yeah its hard to make this announcement
cause its not like we wanted to pull the heartstrings on some "this is our last tour" cause we will forever do gigs....i mean people east of chicago shouldn't fear and im certain that on weekends we could trek to an occasional seattle or diego.

but obviously europe and abroad could miss out (then again 10 weeks off and once he gets nuff reruns under his belt could mean more gig time.)

i see the possible chance of this being a "bigger" move...but on the real? i dont know if i want to be 40 on the road and single no more. and with the kids my group has now getting older, its harder for the guys to leave more than it was when the kids were 2 and 3. and i cant even start to go on that path til a woman takes me seriously. and aint noone taking a man serious who is in his own home for only 3 months out the year. i been in my crib since 2006 and i STILL aint unpack everything yet.

i pray this show dont take the chevy road just yet. imma love my new home at 30 rock. 2 visits and im already on first name basis with the snl cats."
My-T.

hell yeah...?uest knows whats up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

after that video i was real depressed but seeing that is a lifesaver...i thought i blew my chance to ever see them...

Back
Top Bottom