THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

smh yall kill me

NT will sit here all day and complain about resellers, but they are the ones fueling the reselling market.

I'm not talking about the dudes who sell Retro Jordans from 2 or 3 years ago for 200-250 (Aquas, etc.). I'm not even talking about the dudes who sell Nike Sportswear for 200-250 (Griffeys, Foams, Pennys, etc.)

The only shoe line right now that goes for 500 and 1000 bucks is Lebron's. And the "hypebeasts" aren't buying that. The most a teenager will spend on some shoes is maybe 300 and thats because in the back of his mind, he knows in 6 months, something else will be poppin.

The dudes who spend 800, 900, 1000, 1200 on South Beaches, and are beginning to pay 450, 500, 600, 700 on Miami Nights are dudes with jobs, grown %!% men who fall right into the trap.

If dudes didn't spend 5, 6, 8, 9, bills on these shoes, then they wouldn't be priced so high.

Everyone just hold off on buying Miami Nights and South Beaches. If no one buys them for a month, then I promise you the prices will be down to the 200s and 300s. These are just shoes, yall act like it's @%%%*%@ food.

Gottips3...I didn't tag that pic...of well...I'm doing a write up right now...when I'm done, I'll take a "Special" pic and post it...

hahahahhaha at dudes spending $500 on Low's and thinking theyre gonna make a profit down the road, how mad are yall gonna be if they end up dropping at other locations???

if these were mids I would understand the hype but TBH Sprites>>>>MN and I aint even willing to drop $200 on the sprites so seeing the prices for MN's is comical

Man the only reason im considering paying the prices is because I know in the back of my head that nike store are not going to rerelease them. Im giving the Miami nights 2 weeks before I buy for rape price, and im giving them 2 days to restock the finals. I'll gladly pay 265 for them.

Finals are done gotti...get them now.

"Miami Nights/Flamingos" are still a coin toss but they are most likely done also...maybe one more drop.

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

i think MN are more likely to restock than the V3 finals...imo

exactly.  Didn't the South Beaches drop in Miami first and later dropped everywhere a couple weeks later.  Maybe following same release format for now on with Brons.

Originally Posted by BronLe

smh yall kill me

NT will sit here all day and complain about resellers, but they are the ones fueling the reselling market.

I'm not talking about the dudes who sell Retro Jordans from 2 or 3 years ago for 200-250 (Aquas, etc.). I'm not even talking about the dudes who sell Nike Sportswear for 200-250 (Griffeys, Foams, Pennys, etc.)

The only shoe line right now that goes for 500 and 1000 bucks is Lebron's. And the "hypebeasts" aren't buying that. The most a teenager will spend on some shoes is maybe 300 and thats because in the back of his mind, he knows in 6 months, something else will be poppin.

The dudes who spend 800, 900, 1000, 1200 on South Beaches, and are beginning to pay 450, 500, 600, 700 on Miami Nights are dudes with jobs, grown %!% men who fall right into the trap.

If dudes didn't spend 5, 6, 8, 9, bills on these shoes, then they wouldn't be priced so high.

Everyone just hold off on buying Miami Nights and South Beaches. If no one buys them for a month, then I promise you the prices will be down to the 200s and 300s. These are just shoes, yall act like it's @%%%*%@ food.
Demand > Supply, it's called economics and you can't control it

The supply of SBs will never increase therefore their price will only rise.  Nothing LeBron does will have a negative impact on price, Finals proved that.

MN prices are pure speculation and hype because people are afraid they will be able to obtain it therefore driving prices even higher. Limited supply, sold in limited location only creates more hype.  Nike is just revving their engine for a national release IMO.

I'm surprised Finals aren't getting more buzz but to each his own

Originally Posted by BronLe

smh yall kill me

You're so right. People complain about how hypebeasts buy south beaches and miami nights when it's really not the hypebeasts. It's the hardcore collectors and the grown men with a nice income. I don't have anything against that, but stop blaming it on the hypebeasts.
grin.gif
 I know it's easy to just blame them for everything.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just think that if no South Beaches are sold for a month, FC and co. are gonna look back and realize how ridiculous it is to ask for 3 light bills for a pair of shoes.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

It looks like nike store wont be restocking the finals anytime soon...So I guess in 2 days im going to go ahead and pay the 265 to get them. That same day I might just go ahead and drop 465-500 for the Miami Nights. I just love the shoes man. I cant let the prices sky rocket on me even more. I have to give in soon!
laugh.gif

I swear for the last week I have kept my debit card so close to me just incase they restock them on nikestore.
laugh.gif

To tell you the truth these two releases are the only releases I failed to get the shoes I wanted on the date...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Every other release I was succesfull at getting the shoes,a nd never had to pay resale prices..But it looks like the time has come....smh...Oh well. We work to buy what we want anyway!All my bills are paid off for the next 2 month so F it I dont care!
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Nike wears the pants in the relationship huh? 

What's a reasonable price to pay for the V3 Dunkmans? Like I said earlier, I'm new to the Lebron game and was just wondering how rare/sought after these are. I've got a pair lined up for under retail, but was wondering how low I could go...

Originally Posted by phreshdude

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

its amazing how views on the miami nights have changed since pics first surfaced. it was a universal failure as far as most people in this post were concerned. now it is just as sought after as the SBs. i wonder how much is love for the shoe and how much is just hype or status?

either way they arent my cup of tea but i respect the ones who have been chasing this shoe from the start strictly because they love it and not to resell.

i think most people like the shoe because of the hype and how limited they are. The shoe dont look all that. I got a pair and sold it immediately....In my opinion, i think they should have made them a high top like the SBs

for me I actually like the color way, and will actually WEAR mines!

I agree 100%. I've worn mine three times and they turn heads immediately. Seems like people seem to like them more in person, at least better than people like them in pictures. 

Originally Posted by theotherjd

What's a reasonable price to pay for the V3 Dunkmans? Like I said earlier, I'm new to the Lebron game and was just wondering how rare/sought after these are. I've got a pair lined up for under retail, but was wondering how low I could go...

I've seen them for as low as $100. If you look on eBay and find a pair that is taking bids then you'll get them for pretty cheap. Really wish I could find a way to buy the VII Dunkmans because I find those to be 1000x nicer than the 8s

Originally Posted by RyanSoberanis

Originally Posted by theotherjd

I've seen them for as low as $100. If you look on eBay and find a pair that is taking bids then you'll get them for pretty cheap. Really wish I could find a way to buy the VII Dunkmans because I find those to be 1000x nicer than the 8s
Yeah, the pair I'm looking at is on eBay and is a auction/BIN. I guess I'll hold off on the BIN and try and get them bidding. Thanks

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It looks like nike store wont be restocking the finals anytime soon...So I guess in 2 days im going to go ahead and pay the 265 to get them. That same day I might just go ahead and drop 465-500 for the Miami Nights. I just love the shoes man. I cant let the prices sky rocket on me even more. I have to give in soon!
laugh.gif

I swear for the last week I have kept my debit card so close to me just incase they restock them on nikestore.
laugh.gif

To tell you the truth these two releases are the only releases I failed to get the shoes I wanted on the date...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Every other release I was succesfull at getting the shoes,a nd never had to pay resale prices..But it looks like the time has come....smh...Oh well. We work to buy what we want anyway!All my bills are paid off for the next 2 month so F it I dont care!
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Nike wears the pants in the relationship huh? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know it sounds crazy but man I just love these kicks! I haven't had this much passion for kicks since the Jordan DMP 11/12 pack back in 06. I swear the Lebron 7 and 8 just brought the IT factor back to me again. Every time I see the Miami nights and the Finals I can just see myself pulling them off well. 80% of the week I'm in business cloths and casual shoes, so it feels good when I can bring out some BRIGHT crazy color way type kix every once in a while.

If I can't get em for retail then I'll have to cop at rape price. 

I told my chick how much I may spend on the Miami Nights and she looked me CRAZY!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its cool tho, I don't buy anything unless I can buy it twice, I'm not one of these people who will spend there last dime just for shoes. Thats never a good look. its a hobby and I love wearing them.
pimp.gif

Found this a little intresting, sneakerstudio is taking pre-orders for MN. They state their shipment will arrive 3rd week of sept. If u guys are intrested here u go www.thesneakerstudio.com pre-sale is 399.99 which is still too much for a low IMO, but hey maybe a hint for a wider release during the ending of sept

Originally Posted by metallic

Found this a little intresting, sneakerstudio is taking pre-orders for MN. They state their shipment will arrive 3rd week of sept. If u guys are intrested here u go www.thesneakerstudio.com pre-sale is 399.99 which is still too much for a low IMO, but hey maybe a hint for a wider release during the ending of sept

cq843.jpg

i got my sz 11 from my UK homie and he hooked me up with the employee disco price (i paid for shipping). i sold him a pair of banned 1's on ebay so when i heard these were a international release only i contacted him to see if he could help. turns out he works for nike in the UK (corporate) so he had no problem getting me a pair. i got the finals ps on the way from nike, they will be my first pair of ps or v3's, i didnt like any of the other colorways. i had another pair of mn's (sz 11.5) but couldnt resist the offer i got for them so now im stuck with only 1 pair and thats enough for me, will double up if they drop nationwide.

Back
Top Bottom