The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! is one of the best NES games imo.

Other classics gone unmentioned...

Contra
Double Dragon & DD2
Dragon Warrior
DuckTales
Legend of Zelda
Kid Icarus
Metroid
TMNT
Tetris
Not trying to Hot Take the Thread…

But which TMNT?

No Zelda 2?

River City Ransom?

Faxanadu?

Rygar?

Wizards and Warriors?

Mega Man 2 is GOATed. I had three lower than two. I don’t think I ever played four.

I feel like Batman was a more competent and enjoyable game than CV 1.

Blaster Master, I’m not sure how I feel about. I just remember it had those side scrolling elements.

Best NES side scrollers? Probably (no specific order): Mega Man 2. Castlevania 3. Ninja Gaiden 2. Ninja Gaiden. Super Mario 2. Super Mario 3.

I can’t rock with Ghost and Goblins. It’s just seems clunky next to Super Ghouls and Ghosts or Ghouls and Goblins.
Ghosts N Goblins is soooo hard, take 1 hit & you're running around in your drawers :lol:

Wasn't this just a remake of the original game?? Think I have this on my PS3. Either way the og vania isn’t even top 5 in the series.
yeah the story is the same as far as I recall. certain bosses are identical + it has a coupla stages that are very similar to stages from the original.

Wizards & Warriors is good but it was always very time consuming, as a youth I would usually play it on Saturday mornings-afternoons. Has many earworms on the soundtrack that must be eternally burned into the lizard parts of brain, 1 of them just popped in my head after not having played the game in over 12 years, couldn't figure out what it was for the life of me for an entire day before it clicked. like how the boss health meter just says "Evil".

TMNT? The first one that a lot of folks say is too hard for them.

Link? I didn't care for that joint.

Wizards & Warriors was good.
Rygar? What about Karnov?
TMNT was hard 😂

I think I got as far as searching for Shredder after beating the techno drome with Don.

Rygar was dope. So was Karnov. Those I finished 😂

I have fond memories of NES era. But some of those games were way tooo hard and/or clunky.

SNK…

Ikari Warriors 1 and 2. POW.

I don’t think I finished Athena. I really wasn’t feeling SNK as much on the NES but loved their arcade games. And the Neo Geo era was incredible. Obviously, most were arcade and not designed for home users. So we got like the Sam Sho RPG. But never a Crystalis in full Mega Shock. It really was sad when the Playmore era happened. I’m glad they at least have some output now.

TT2.png

Think this might be the most classic tmnt game. My uncle had the snes and would play that and super mario world at his place.
Shredder's revenge is really good too and have been enjoying that

TT2.png

Think this might be the most classic tmnt game. My uncle had the snes and would play that and super mario world at his place.
Shredder's revenge is really good too and have been enjoying that
1661971114703.jpeg

I thought this also up until this week. hyperstone heist is faster and harder and I enjoy it slightly more. Also said it in the ps thread but after playing the new turtles collection shredders revenge is the best in the series. The combo system makes that game.

Last edited:
My other mistake was selling my Neo Geo 😂

I sold it to that on shop that used to distribute AES and MVS games in the states. They literally gave me nothing. Fast forward to today. It would probably be 15X in worth.

I know you were sick to your stomach when you looked up the value of the games you had :lol:

It was back in 2004 I think. I can’t even remember all of the games I had. I probably had most of the Fatal Fury, KoFs and Samurai Showdown titles. I wouldn’t even dare look at prices today.

I had a modded PlayStation controller with the Neo Geo pin outs.

I regret getting rid of that and the PSP. I also wish I had gotten a 3DS.

Back
Top Bottom