The RETRO Gaming Thread!

NES games are like unicorns in my area. Can’t remember the last time I found one in a Goodwill or Salvation Army store.

Once you go from competing with other collectors to competing with resellers, its a game-ender. Even Ethel who comes to the goodwill with her retirement home pals will grab a nes cartridge if its there.

Honestly even resellers are hurting because the competition is that bad

Once you go from competing with other collectors to competing with resellers, its a game-ender. Even Ethel who comes to the goodwill with her retirement home pals will grab a nes cartridge if its there.

Honestly even resellers are hurting because the competition is that bad

So true, just way too much competition now. This also flows into looking for sneakers and other collectibles.

I’ve heard of kids landing Salvation Army jobs just to request working at the sorting warehouse so they can get first dibs on games. Insane.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I'm with Nike Jordan Nike Jordan on this as I've dropped off clothing at the local donation stores over the past few years and I've literally never seen a single retro console or videogame let alone a NES game.

Really? I have but then again I visit three big stores damn near daily. So far this month I’ve come across 5+ variations of Xbox, 2 N64’s , 3 PS2’s, 4 Wii’s and 1 GameCube. Not a single SNES, NES or Genesis though.

As for games, no cartridge games ever as even the sports titles are snatched up by casual resellers. Plenty of disc games but the majority are Xbox and PS2. I’ve seen teens coming in more often and going crazy when they come across disc games in store. Their excitement is really cool to see up close. That “Hey look at this one! Remember this one? I remember playing this one when I was 8 years old” :lol: :smokin

giphy.gif

Does anyone here remember how in early Playstation 1 games the Triangle button was used to go back in most menus? Then the culture just switched and it's now the Circle button on every system/game since.

On Japanese PS4 games and possibly older it's kinda odd to see the O and X shuffled.

On Japanese PS4 games and possibly older it's kinda odd to see the O and X shuffled.
I remember my dad got me the OG PSP from Japan and the X and O buttons were switched. I hacked it like a year later and was finally able to swap them to normal :lol:.

The designer said Circle = Yes and Cross (X) = NO when discussing the creation years ago.

Remember it is loosely based off of the Super Nintendo, where the "A" button is the "yes" button. I just found out today that Sony kept it that way for the last 25 years in Japan. That's pretty cool. It's definitely a challenge going back and forth between my Switch and PS3, except on Devil May Cry HD Collection and Final Fantasy 7 lol

Hey guys. How much will an Nintendo Action Set in new condition run me? It doesn't have to be the original one.

eBay has them going for about $75-?$150 based on condition. You may be able to find one on your local Craigslist/Kijiji for cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom