The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Those games were cheeks DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican - putting some BS Mortal Kombat style button combinations on a wrestling game. Acclaim should've stopped after WWF Wrestlemania on the 16bit systems seeing as how poorly its sequel 'In Your House' faired. Warzone & Attitude were utter garbage as were the ECW games with the same game engine.

Those games were cheeks DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican - putting some BS Mortal Kombat style button combinations on a wrestling game. Acclaim should've stopped after WWF Wrestlemania on the 16bit systems seeing as how poorly its sequel 'In Your House' faired. Warzone & Attitude were utter garbage as were the ECW games with the same game engine.

I never played In Your House but WM the Arcade game was fun for what it was, eo I was confused as to why IYH did so poorly.

As much as I love No Mercy it does run slower than Revenge, WM2K and VPW 2. I'm not sure how entirely true this is but apparently the latter 3 games run at 60fps while the former runs at 50fps.
Even with the expansion pack, No Mercy haf slowdown. Especially during Cage and Ladder matches.

I never played In Your House but WM the Arcade game was fun for what it was, eo I was confused as to why IYH did so poorly.

There were experimenting with some different types of arenas but I think the main thing was the use of 2D sprites on the 3D systems. The Wrestlemania game was fine as a novelty as Acclaim were running off the Mortal Kombat digitized sprites high. But the game had little to no depth or gameplay.

Even with the expansion pack, No Mercy haf slowdown. Especially during Cage and Ladder matches.

My G I used to have friends & relatives over just to have 4 player matches. The slowdown with 4 players on NM was very evident vs the AKI games before it. You could bump the frame rate very slightly by turning off the trash BGM and turning off the 'Attitude/Spirit' meters but it was very slight - still not as fluid as WM2K & VPW2.

Btw the Expansion Pak had no use unless a game was explicitly designed for it.

-6848491814214503675.jpg

6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T. Thanks for the nostalgia trip with the posters. I did like Wrestlemania back in the day but it was a forgettable game. The 'Flying Edge' Royal Rumble and Raw is War games on the SEGA Genesis were more fun.

WWF No Mercy, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, Smackdown 2: Know Your Role, Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain would probably round out my top 5 wrestling games. I enjoyed WCW vs NWO Revenge but didn't play it as much. Same goes for ECW Hardcore Revolution. I also played TNA Impact on 360 :lol:

WWF No Mercy, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, Smackdown 2: Know Your Role, Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain would probably round out my top 5 wrestling games. I enjoyed WCW vs NWO Revenge but didn't play it as much. Same goes for ECW Hardcore Revolution. I also played TNA Impact on 360 :lol:

For licensed wresting games, it gets no better than the list you mentioned.

I do love the Fire Pro Games as well. Whenever I get a PS4, I’m going to get FPW World.

I do love the Fire Pro Games as well. Whenever I get a PS4, I’m going to get FPW World.
Man making this list made me a bit sad, nostalgia at its finest :lol:
I remember staying up with my brother all night playing 2000 trying to start the Royal Rumble as the #1 entry with Kane and win it all cause word on the street was if you pulled it off, you'd unlock the Inferno Match :lol:

I'll never forget this theme song Joint is permanently stuck in my head. I'll also never forget them cheating *** boiler room handicap matches from the "season" mode :smh:
The trick was change the opponent's weight so you can gain momentum easily.

FPW World has come down in price, worthwhile getting a copy. Possibly the only true wrestling game you can find on the market.

I remember playing the n64 wrestling games at my friends house, I had a Ps1 so the only option at the time was wff attitude...I was so disappointed man that game was crap, the move selection, the character movement, the sounds...it was so disappointing

Then smackdown came out n it was super fun, game straight up felt real life to me lol I must of progressed my character so far in a weekend to like year 2010 lol

Man I started with WWF Warzone and Attitude, even though they played like crap I still enjoyed editing my own character, listening to the theme music, even hearing the announcers talk that crap :lol:. Smackdown was def miles better and you could go all the way backstage. WWF Royal Rumble on SNES was pretty tight cuz you could have 6 people in the ring at once. Wrestlemania and No Mercy were def the top wrestling games at the time for me and my bros. I remember copping WCW/NWO World Tour and Revenge for the low at Gamestop way after it came out, I found out they used the same engine and thought that was pretty dope.

PS1 to play the JPN version of DB GT: Final Bout. Couldn't read a single thing in the game and definitely thought I was doing it by having an imported game but a few years later, they released it in the US :lol:.

I just copped Final Bout due to nostalgia, used to play it at my cousins when it wasn't out in the US yet too

Back
Top Bottom