The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Nice touch adding the og soundbanks :smokin

On another note, crappy news for me as I’ve just been told my closest Salvation Army store is getting shut down permanently this Thursday. I was super cool with the employees there and they would hook me up all the time with video games, dvd’s and cd’s :frown: Looks like more trips to Goodwill now.

1499097266077.gif

I'm thinking of buying a Gamecube. I was going to get a Wii with Gamecube compatibility, but I realized I want a Gameboy Player as well.

Decisions Decisions.

I'm thinking of buying a Gamecube. I was going to get a Wii with Gamecube compatibility, but I realized I want a Gameboy Player as well.

Decisions Decisions.

Just remember that the GameCube gameboy feature requires you to buy a boot up disc in order to play the games. Just having the bottom attachment isn’t enough. I think the boot up disc runs about $40-$50 dollars.

Just remember that the GameCube gameboy feature requires you to buy a boot up disc in order to play the games. Just having the bottom attachment isn’t enough. I think the boot up disc runs about $40-$50 dollars.

Yeah I see people trying to sell the bottom loader by itself so I'm trying to find a steal with both together. Worst case scenario, I'll just get the wii and an GBA SP. I think the original DS only play GBA and not GB games.

Besides some of the games being bad, I just wanted to play outside with friends. Wasn’t trying to look like what these kids look like today with a phone attached to their face all day.
You play outside until you realize you can’t see anything hahaha. GB screen was really bad. Required the perfect conditions to see clearly

Decisions Decisions.

If you get an Action Replay disc (25 bux) you can use Gameboy Interface, it’s a home brew version that has more options like real full screen, you just need a memory card that lets you use an SD card to load the software (like 3 bux). You still need original hardware and game boy cartridges to play with of course.

Yeah I see people trying to sell the bottom loader by itself so I'm trying to find a steal with both together. Worst case scenario, I'll just get the wii and an GBA SP. I think the original DS only play GBA and not GB games.

The GBA SP 101 is the best official one with the backlit screen. You can also mod an original GBA to have a back light with a kit.

Retron 5 plays GBA games. I got it when it was around $80 tho.

I had that but I sold it b/c it would erase my saves sometimes. Also wasn’t feeling the hardware/software

If you get an Action Replay disc (25 bux) you can use Gameboy Interface, it’s a home brew version that has more options like real full screen, you just need a memory card that lets you use an SD card to load the software (like 3 bux). You still need original hardware and game boy cartridges to play with of course.

The GBA SP 101 is the best official one with the backlit screen. You can also mod an original GBA to have a back light with a kit.

I had that but I sold it b/c it would erase my saves sometimes. Also wasn’t feeling the hardware/software

datboi81 datboi81 There's good information from krazy krazy here. Stay away from the Retron junk. The Wii's GameCube output is not as good as an actual Gamecube, can't comment on the GameBoy output though.

I don’t think Sega Saturn sold any units. What was that thing known for virtua fighter? Dreamcast was segas last stand

I LOVE Lightening Force on Sega Genesis.

I wish i could play it on xbox one s. Its one of my favorite games. Beat it a million times.

BEST. SOUNDTRACK. EVER.

I didn’t have a Saturn, but I played it for sure. Sonic R, Legend of Oasis(or Beyond Oasis, I forgot) was the ish! And with the Ram update, it’s the best home port of Alpha 3 out there.

I wish I would’ve invested into one, it’s ports are so good compared to the trash PlayStation was putting out. I was a kid though, so I had no idea.

Back
Top Bottom