The reason why Philly will never accept Kobe....vid.

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Him being a giant douche might be the reason too.

QFT, this is the reason I never liked him, as great a player as he is (and I respect his game) as a person he is a huge ***
I hope you hate all athletes that are "douches" because there are plenty around.

I just find it funny that some people defend Kobe's real personality off the court from mostly another person's account or their own limited experience. Until you are actually friends with Kobe, you don't really know how he is. Since we see what Kobe acts like on the court and through his interviews, it is easy to judge him through those actions than through your "friend's" encounter with Kobe. I say this because I attended a week long basketball camp as a kid hosted by Olden Polynice of all people and he was really nice to all the attendees. But I also see how he acted on the court and his treatment to his former fans in Sac. At the end of the day, Kobe is a great basketball player (not sure about his real personality) and his interviews are always interesting because he'll throw a jab or two at his "haters."

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i guess its kinda like how LA hates Paul Pierce 
laugh.gif

yeah but doesn't everyone hate Paul Pierce? How can you not?

laugh.gif
 at the media still making up the excuse of him getting booed at the All Star game being due to them beating Philly a year before.  That's total BS.  I've said this many times.  I have the whole weekend on tape and whoever else does, go back and watch your tape. 

Derek Fisher got booed because he was a laker and they beat Philly.  Kobe got booed because he was HOGGING the ball.  D Fish got booed during introductions to the All Star Saturday event he was in.  Kobe wasn't booed until he started hogging the ball.  He wasn't booed like D Fish during his All Star game introduction.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Didn't want to start a new thread for this...but has anyone else gotten the sense that Kobe really doesn't give a @#@! anymore?

I feel like his SOLE purpose as an athlete to get that last championship (without Shaq). I think he has a little fire left to go out and get another but I don't think he'll be DEVASTATED like he probably was in 2007. He seems REAL lax lately.
He's the one guy I wouldn't expect that lax +$$% from but it does seem like he's just been going through the motions recently.

IDK...maybe that finger is finally starting to take its toll on him or he's just waiting for the playoffs to start to turn that switch on. But that could apply to the rest of the team since they've had a lot of "#%+# it" moments lately.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

laugh.gif
 at the media still making up the excuse of him getting booed at the All Star game being due to them beating Philly a year before.  That's total BS.  I've said this many times.  I have the whole weekend on tape and whoever else does, go back and watch your tape. 

Derek Fisher got booed because he was a laker and they beat Philly.  Kobe got booed because he was HOGGING the ball.  D Fish got booed during introductions to the All Star Saturday event he was in.  Kobe wasn't booed until he started hogging the ball.  He wasn't booed like D Fish during his All Star game introduction.
Exactly.  Watching that game you could tell he was going for the MVP and started hogging the ball.  An even worse ball-hogging display was his performance in the '97 Rookie Game.  I think he might've made one total pass all game.  I'm a big Laker fan, but his antics were so annoying during the Shaq-Kobe era.

Aye... we don't care about that *%%$... As long as he doesn't wear a Cubs fitted all is forgiven.  Chicago is the home of thee most loyal fan base you will ever find G, hell we even cheered for Jud Buechler after he was traded to Detroit when he came back to play against us. Same thing with Jamal Crawford.  We cheer for all the hometown kids, only one I couldn't rock with was Mr. Wade but that was just my personal bias but I got over it hell I'd be willing to bet that Chicago is one of the top 5 markets for his jersey... We support our own win lose or draw, hell half the city roots for a team that hasn't won in over a century... FAITHFULLY. Bum %## Cubs
laugh.gif
tired.gif
  We just take pride in everything that is Chicago.

Philly is an entirely different beast, I mean there is no place like it.  They don't $%%* with anything or anybody G look what y'all did to Chuck, he was the heart of that squad gave everything he had every time he stepped on the floor to win for y'all.  Yet y'all *##*!!% on him every chance y'all could, I can't honor that bro I'm sorry.

Most people in Philly don't care about that stuff either its mainly a certain group of people and I'm not going to get started with that.  What I will say is that I get offended cause being here don't liked to be lumped in and also don't like cats to run with stuff that is garbage and overblown.  That Santa stuff happened before a majority of us were even born and yall still bringing that up?  Come on.  About Barkley you seriously don't know what your talking about dudes in Philly didn't mess with Barkley.  Find me this big section of Philly cats that don't mess with him you can't.  Stop listening to Wilbon man dude just hates Philly for some reason and I'm going to talk to him about that one day.
laugh.gif

Do you guys still watch Lakers vs Sixer matchups?

Kobe has not been boo'd since the Iverson era, everytime Kobe does something spectacular the crowd goes crazy.

Sixer & Lakers fan, this is in the past

Originally Posted by fo sho playboy

laugh.gif

Exactly.  Watching that game you could tell he was going for the MVP and started hogging the ball.  An even worse ball-hogging display was his performance in the '97 Rookie Game.  I think he might've made one total pass all game.  I'm a big Laker fan, but his antics were so annoying during the Shaq-Kobe era.

I'm going to have to rewatch the vid, but I could have sworn Kobe was boo'd in the pregame intros.....(at the ASG)

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Aye... we don't care about that *%%$... As long as he doesn't wear a Cubs fitted all is forgiven.  Chicago is the home of thee most loyal fan base you will ever find G, hell we even cheered for Jud Buechler after he was traded to Detroit when he came back to play against us. Same thing with Jamal Crawford.  We cheer for all the hometown kids, only one I couldn't rock with was Mr. Wade but that was just my personal bias but I got over it hell I'd be willing to bet that Chicago is one of the top 5 markets for his jersey... We support our own win lose or draw, hell half the city roots for a team that hasn't won in over a century... FAITHFULLY. Bum %## Cubs
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Philly is an entirely different beast, I mean there is no place like it.  They don't $%%* with anything or anybody G look what y'all did to Chuck, he was the heart of that squad gave everything he had every time he stepped on the floor to win for y'all.  Yet y'all *##*!!% on him every chance y'all could, I can't honor that bro I'm sorry.

Most people in Philly don't care about that stuff either its mainly a certain group of people and I'm not going to get started with that.  What I will say is that I get offended cause being here don't liked to be lumped in and also don't like cats to run with stuff that is garbage and overblown.  That Santa stuff happened before a majority of us were even born and yall still bringing that up?  Come on.  About Barkley you seriously don't know what your talking about dudes in Philly didn't mess with Barkley.  Find me this big section of Philly cats that don't mess with him you can't.  Stop listening to Wilbon man dude just hates Philly for some reason and I'm going to talk to him about that one day.
laugh.gif

I think he means AI not the Bread Truck

Some of you are idiots.

The key to being a good fan is loyalty. And most everyone I know in Philadelphia lives and dies by these teams. Do we show our frustration differently...sure. But I'll be damned if that makes us bad fans.

Are there idiot fans in the bunch...of course. And with sports radio in Philly they have a huge platform by which to make us all look bad. But don't go lumping every Philadelphia sports fan in with a loud minority. That'd be like another country judging Americans by the type of people who call in to the Howard Stern show.

Oh, and that ASG thing was definitely moreso cuz he was ODing. He took 25 shots in that game.

DoubleJs07 wrote:
I'm going to have to rewatch the vid, but I could have sworn Kobe was boo'd in the pregame intros.....(at the ASG)
heavily booed...i mean they boo'd derek on all-star saturday night
laugh.gif

fo sho playboy wrote:
I'm a big Laker fan, but his antics were so annoying during the Shaq-Kobe era.

big Laker fan huh? ive never seen you in any of our season threads

in addition both kobe and shaq antics during that time were annoying

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

laugh.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif

I think he means AI not the Bread Truck

I Did... bubba chucks what they call em bro... I don't know anyone who doesn't rock with Barkley G...
laugh.gif
@ you runnin up on Wilborn tho
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

DoubleJs07 wrote:
laugh.gif

He was NOT heavily booed like D Fish during their introductions.  That's for sure. 

Anyway, that's not even the point...the point is he was booed BECAUSE he hogged the ball and y'all know it and NOT because "He's a Laker."  The media just wants to make it look "better" to make their story.  

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Philly is horrible... I mean that the citizens there are just ungrateful bastards seriously. Turn on someone in a heartbeat, no matter how much they've done for them in the past
smh.gif

How the ++$% you boo Santa Clause G???
laugh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

DoubleJs07 wrote:
laugh.gif
He was NOT heavily booed like D Fish during their introductions.  That's for sure. 

Anyway, that's not even the point...the point is he was booed BECAUSE he hogged the ball and y'all know it and NOT because "He's a Laker."  The media just wants to make it look "better" to make their story.  

i would say its a combination of being a Laker, just fresh from beating the sixers in the playoffs....   and hogging the ball just got the fans more riled up....   i remember one play he was dribbling around circles....  and the fans were quiet, then i heard 1 fan go 'kobe pass the #%%$$%% ball!" 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom