The Real Ronaldo - Appreciation Post

There isn't a "real" ronaldo
laugh.gif
O fenomeno was called Ronaldinho at one point as well.

Somehow, you just know you're watching a transcendent athlete when you see one. Seeing him score 8 goals in the 2002 World Cup was just astonishing.

In order to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pele and Maradona, you have to perform for both club and country. Ronaldo has definitely done so. I'll never forget watching this man play football.

Ronaldo when healthy was actually the best player of his generation. Zidane receives more acclaim because of his longevity (he was a top player for nearly a decade) but when healthy Ronaldo easily cleaned up all annual the international football awards at Zidane's expense. Heck, even though Zidane and France won the 1998 WC, Ronaldo was STILL voted as player of the tournament. That's how good he was. It's a damn shame he suffered a seizure the night before the finals and wasnt even given medical clearance to play prior to the big match. He should've won WPOY in 1998 but we all know how voting goes for that award in WC years. Oh well, he re-appeared in 2002 and cleaned house once again.

If you were to ask me a couple of years ago I would've discounted the thought that Ronaldo was an all time great but looking back in retrospect the guy will go down as probably top 10 of all time. He was too fat to be playing in the 2006 WC but he deserved that record and it was kind of comedic to see him get it at Brazil's expense
laugh.gif

Ronaldo when healthy was actually the best player of his generation. Zidane receives more acclaim because of his longevity (he was a top player for nearly a decade) but when healthy Ronaldo easily cleaned up all annual the international football awards at Zidane's expense. Heck, even though Zidane and France won the 1998 WC, Ronaldo was STILL voted as player of the tournament. That's how good he was. It's a damn shame he suffered a seizure the night before the finals and wasnt even given medical clearance to play prior to the big match. He should've won WPOY in 1998 but we all know how voting goes for that award in WC years. Oh well, he re-appeared in 2002 and cleaned house once again.

If you were to ask me a couple of years ago I would've discounted the thought that Ronaldo was an all time great but looking back in retrospect the guy will go down as probably top 10 of all time. He was too fat to be playing in the 2006 WC but he deserved that record and it was kind of comedic to see him get it at Brazil's expense
laugh.gif

Zidane is for sure top 10. No doubt.

I just hate the fact he's basically "gone".... First MJ, then Ronaldo....(holds hand in the air, while the other hand is covering my eyes in fear) and will give up on sports once Kobe retires.

Zidane is for sure top 10. No doubt.

I just hate the fact he's basically "gone".... First MJ, then Ronaldo....(holds hand in the air, while the other hand is covering my eyes in fear) and will give up on sports once Kobe retires.

Carlos Tevez.... Another one of those players that "sort of" impresses me. Him and Heinze are (my) top 2 picks of that international. I did a Nike id just for Heinze

Carlos Tevez.... Another one of those players that "sort of" impresses me. Him and Heinze are (my) top 2 picks of that international. I did a Nike id just for Heinze

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
I remember that 98 world cup final...can't imagine a player playing after having a seizure.

Ronaldo and Zidane
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
I remember that 98 world cup final...can't imagine a player playing after having a seizure.

Ronaldo and Zidane
pimp.gif

The best striker during the time he played for sure.

But any comparison against Zidane, and he'll lose. Zidane wiped the floor with him in two World Cups. Sorry, but being out of shape doesn't count as an injury/"when healthy". The shape he was in for the 2006 World Cup was a disgrace. He became the all-time leading scorer in World Cup history and his greatness is worthy of that title, but he should've been in better shape. He was 30 years old. Four years younger than Zidane was in the 2006 WC. Three years younger than Fabio Cannavaro. A year younger than Diego Forlan was in this latest World Cup.

The best striker during the time he played for sure.

But any comparison against Zidane, and he'll lose. Zidane wiped the floor with him in two World Cups. Sorry, but being out of shape doesn't count as an injury/"when healthy". The shape he was in for the 2006 World Cup was a disgrace. He became the all-time leading scorer in World Cup history and his greatness is worthy of that title, but he should've been in better shape. He was 30 years old. Four years younger than Zidane was in the 2006 WC. Three years younger than Fabio Cannavaro. A year younger than Diego Forlan was in this latest World Cup.

I'm not a huge fan of soccer.  All I know is that this man was unstoppable in this game
N64-WorldCup-98.jpg

so that pretty much makes him the GOAT in my eyes
roll.gif

I'm not a huge fan of soccer.  All I know is that this man was unstoppable in this game
N64-WorldCup-98.jpg

so that pretty much makes him the GOAT in my eyes
roll.gif

This man is of the top 5 players of all time. Say what you want a about him being fat later in his career or the episode with the ******s, in him prime, he was dominant. Zidane was good, but O phenomeno was something else. I never seen a better player in my life.

This man is of the top 5 players of all time. Say what you want a about him being fat later in his career or the episode with the ******s, in him prime, he was dominant. Zidane was good, but O phenomeno was something else. I never seen a better player in my life.

Pele/Maradona/Ronaldo - top 3 of all time.

When people say "Ronaldo" to me only one player comes to mind.

Pele/Maradona/Ronaldo - top 3 of all time.

When people say "Ronaldo" to me only one player comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom