The Real Ronaldo - Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Can we just end this debate. Anyone can intuit that Zidane is better than Ronaldo, the same way that anyone can intuit that Ronaldo is better than Zidane. It's all arbitrary analysis, and thus no one can prove anything. Unlike baseball and basketball you can't compare two different players playing two different positions because of the lack of statistics, and because their functions differ greatly on the pitch.

Just appreciate having seen them both play the beautiful game, and call it a day.
I agree with this for the most part, but I think these debates are interesting because it brings to light all of the two player's accomplishments and such. But once everything has been said repeating it just gets old. 
FWIW I think Zidane had a greater impact during his career but Ronaldo at his peak was the greatest of his generation. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Can we just end this debate. Anyone can intuit that Zidane is better than Ronaldo, the same way that anyone can intuit that Ronaldo is better than Zidane. It's all arbitrary analysis, and thus no one can prove anything. Unlike baseball and basketball you can't compare two different players playing two different positions because of the lack of statistics, and because their functions differ greatly on the pitch.

Just appreciate having seen them both play the beautiful game, and call it a day.
I agree with this for the most part, but I think these debates are interesting because it brings to light all of the two player's accomplishments and such. But once everything has been said repeating it just gets old. 
FWIW I think Zidane had a greater impact during his career but Ronaldo at his peak was the greatest of his generation. 

in fact,they were not in the same generation,Ronaldo was one of best players in the 90s,ronaldo was best player in 95-99,though he won the 2002 world cup,but he was not best player in 2002 .Zidane was one of best player in the early-00s with figo and rivaldo,owen,beckham...his best times were in 2000-2003,though he won the 1998 world cup,but he was not best player in 1998,ronaldo was

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

in fact,they were not in the same generation,Ronaldo was one of best players in the 90s,ronaldo was best player in 95-99,though he won the 2002 world cup,but he was not best player in 2002 .Zidane was one of best player in the early-00s with figo and rivaldo,owen,beckham...his best times were in 2000-2003,though he won the 1998 world cup,but he was not best player in 1998,ronaldo was

Back
Top Bottom