The real reason why Isiah Thomas hasn't been fired...... update: IS ISIAH GAY?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49244/20071117/did_stern_give_dolan_ultimatum_on_isiah/

Knicks' owner James Dolan has not commented on Isiah Thomas' status since last March, when he awarded him with a contract extension on the way to a 33-win season. Dolan was upset following Sunday's loss to Miami and immediately after the game spoke to Thomas about reducing Marbury's role.

There are whispers around the league that Dolan has been contemplating getting rid of Thomas altogether. According to a source, NBA commissioner David Stern approached Dolan at the Board of Governors meetings last month in New York and told him, "Either you take care of it or I will," referring to Thomas in the wake of the Anucha Browne Sanders verdict.

Dolan told at least two fellow owners that he owes Thomas approximately $24 million and that if he were to fire Thomas he will make him fight to get his money, according to a person familiar with the conversation. Dolan refused to pay former coach Larry Brown the remainder of his contract, forcing Brown to have Stern arbitrate a settlement last year.

true, but dolan doesn't have much options. they already had 2 hall of fame coaches quit on them.

Knicks need to cut their losses and fire Zeke. This whole Marbury- Zeke situation could really stunt any progress that might make this year. Do it like aband-aid-----right off!

My friend's dad is VP of Operations for Cablevision and says it's because once Dolan found out Isaiah was gay, there would be a huge PR nightmare if hefired him

^^^^^
WOOOOAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isiah is gay?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
{

Originally Posted by Monta Ellis

My friend's dad is VP of Operations for Cablevision and says it's because once Dolan found out Isaiah was gay, there would be a huge PR nightmare if he fired him

laugh.gif
what the hell?

No seriously, he has been my family friend since grade school (I am a senior in college), he told my dad at a dinner party a few nights ago

He says that during the Marbury/Thomas trial, Isaiah wanted to come out (of the closet) but the lawyers told him no, because then it would make the sexualharassment charges more legit

yo monta ellis...you serious fam?
eek.gif
is that what marbury was talking 'bout when he said he had so much+#!% on isiah? damn...wow...

As a Celts fan, I've really enjoyed Isaiah Thomas' tenure as a Knick. Watching him make trades like he was playing NBA 2k was awesome. Even funnierwhen you figured that 90% of the armchair GMs on NT could have made better trades. I have to admit, I was a bit fearful when he hired Larry Brown to coach,but that fear turned into pure unbridled joy when Zeke took over the coaching duties. The man is capable of doing more damage to the organization from thatposition than he does as a GM. I didn't expect the sexual harrassment suit though. Zeke is an innovator when it comes to destroying things. I'mgoing to be sad when they hire someone competent to run the organization. I'll try to keep the faith that James Dolan will hire someone just asincompetent though.

@ zeke being sweet coming as a shock...cmon now
indifferent.gif
as if we didnt already know this...
you know what i'm saying? who hasn't asked themselves if zeke was a homosexual? why is dolan the last to find out about this?

^wow...
laugh.gif
...point taken...

I guess I just never took notice...its like goin back and watchin a disney movie that you saw as a child again and bein like...aiyo...I aint know that meantTHAT before...

No seriously, he has been my family friend since grade school (I am a senior in college), he told my dad at a dinner party a few nights ago

He says that during the Marbury/Thomas trial, Isaiah wanted to come out (of the closet) but the lawyers told him no, because then it would make the sexual harassment charges more legit

how would that make the sexual harrassment charges more legit? wouldn't that help his defense?

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

He says that during the Marbury/Thomas trial, Isaiah wanted to come out (of the closet) but the lawyers told him no, because then it would make the sexual harassment charges more legit

how would that make the sexual harrassment charges more legit? wouldn't that help his defense?

No. If Isaiah were to come out, it would seem as if he were using the charges as a screen for his own homosexuality. Right now, the Knicks organizationcan deal with the sexual harassment charges. What they cannot deal with is the first openly gay GM in NBA history.

Any Detroit cat like myself who remembers the Zeke Michcon commercials in the 80's BEEN knew he was gay...

Back
Top Bottom