The Paul Pierce Awards....the greatest "fake" injuries you've seen....

I still can't believe that Gilardino and Dida dives were both in the same match
laugh.gif
Some of those dives are just ridiculous, that one with the keeper especially.

Originally Posted by dland24
So many classics in that. I was watching an Italian league game a few weeks ago and it was just embarrassing watching it - so many players taking stumbles because someone took the ball from them - and it never worked. If they just got on with it I'm convinced they would win a lot more ball.

*steals the ball*

*starts running up the court*

*misses a wide open uncontested layup*

*falls down and starts grabbing on ankle*

*magically better for the next possession*

The prize, WITHOUT A DOUBT, goes to Chilean goalkeeper Roberto Rojas.

They were playing a crucial World Cup qualifier against Brazil, and were losing 1-0, which meant they'd be eliminated. Someone throws a firework from the stands, and the Chilean goalkeeper collapses to the ground. He is carried off the field, his head bleeding profusely. Chile refused to play the rest of the game for fear of their safety.

It turns out that the firework didn't really come that close to hitting him, and he took the opportunity to collapse in the hopes of saving his team from elimination. Craziest part is that he cut himself with a razor blade hidden in his glove to produce the blood. Chile was banned from the next World Cup and he was banned for life.

condor%2Brojas%2B1.jpg

:30 is when he acts like he's hit, 3:56 is when they're carrying his bloody body off the field.

Top that.
laugh.gif

Oh you mean the dislocated shoulder and broken hand that led him to eventually miss 8 games.  Yup...faking injuries. 

You're slippin' Deuce...of all the Skins, this should have been the FIRST guy you called out:

Nah DoubleJ's you misinterpreted what I said.  Meaning after that preseason injury to Portis, any and every little thing became an injury for him later on in his career, where many people thought he was faking it just to get out of practice or training camp activities.  As far as Haynesworth goes, I don't think he faked injuries, I just think he was that tough last year when he got banged up.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

They were playing a crucial World Cup qualifier against Brazil, and were losing 1-0, which meant they'd be eliminated. Someone throws a firework from the stands, and the Chilean goalkeeper collapses to the ground. He is carried off the field, his head bleeding profusely. Chile refused to play the rest of the game for fear of their safety.

It turns out that the firework didn't really come that close to hitting him, and he took the opportunity to collapse in the hopes of saving his team from elimination. Craziest part is that he cut himself with a razor blade hidden in his glove to produce the blood. Chile was banned from the next World Cup and he was banned for life.

condor%2Brojas%2B1.jpg

:30 is when he acts like he's hit, 3:56 is when they're carrying his bloody body off the field.

Top that.
laugh.gif

you win

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Dida takes the cake. Dude touched him on the face and he goes off on a stretcher.

roll.gif
HE FELL LIKE 2 SECONDS AFTER BEING HIT AND CHASING HIM

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I heard that flopping was bad in soccer, but I didn't know it was THIS bad
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, Keep that out of the states.
Originally Posted by DubA169

condor%2Brojas%2B1.jpg

Top that.
laugh.gif

you win

indifferent.gif
x
laugh.gif
Premeditated flopping. son took it to a WHOLE new level.
smh.gif
@ cutting yourself.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Maybe someone could break this down to me..whats the point in faking an injury? You're mad and dont want to play?

In order to not look like you just F'd up or to get the sympathy of the refs and fans. Perice is still the worst, but with Lebron is a close second IMO, but soccer is on another level, its almost like its part of the game.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Maybe someone could break this down to me..whats the point in faking an injury? You're mad and dont want to play?

In order to not look like you just F'd up or to get the sympathy of the refs and fans. Perice is still the worst, but with Lebron is a close second IMO, but soccer is on another level, its almost like its part of the game.
Faking an injury in soccer can be a brilliant strategic move. Take Rivaldo getting hit in the knee and then clutching his face. The ref looks over, sees Rivaldo writhing in pain, assumes he was hit in the grill and gives the Turkish guy a straight red. If Rivaldo had been a man and just kept it movin there is no way the Turk gets a red. The refs aren't allowed to use replay, and they often get caught with their backs to the action since the field is so huge, so sometimes all they have to go by is the reaction of the player. 

DubA169 wrote:

condor%2Brojas%2B1.jpg

Top that.
laugh.gif

you win

eek.gif

dude straight stole a page frm Ric Flair....

/thread w. that one....
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom