2006 NBA Finals:

Game 1: Joe Crawford, Joe DeRosa, Bennett Salvatore
Game 2: Bob Delaney, Steve Javie, Eddie F. Rush
Game 3: Dan Crawford, Ken Mauer, Jack Nies
Game 4: **** Bavetta, Mike Callahan, Bernie Fryer
Game 5: Joe Crawford, Joe DeRosa, Bennett Salvatore
Game 6: Dan Crawford, Steve Javie, Eddie F. Rush

grin.gif
 Stern's All-Star team. I can already tell the Finals this year is going to make me sick. Dirk bout to assassinate Wade afterwards.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I would say a combination of these guys:

2006 NBA Finals:

grin.gif
 Stern's All-Star team. I can already tell the Finals this year is going to make me sick. Dirk bout to assassinate Wade afterwards.

2006 NBA Finals:

SMH

2006 NBA Finals:

SMH

laugh.gif
You guys and your need to have stoppers. Any team defense or player that manages to keep Dirk extra off balance (since off one leg isn't enough) will be good enough to make him miss shots and make him take bad shots.

My main problem with defending him is how ppl just let him drive to the rim. If you letting Dirk dunk on you, you aint %%%%.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

2006 NBA Finals:

grin.gif
dirk gonna break some exercise bikes.  and i have a feeling mark cuban, who has been relatively silent, will get fined if the fts discrepancy is bad again.

laugh.gif
You guys and your need to have stoppers. Any team defense or player that manages to keep Dirk extra off balance (since off one leg isn't enough) will be good enough to make him miss shots and make him take bad shots.

My main problem with defending him is how ppl just let him drive to the rim. If you letting Dirk dunk on you, you aint %%%%.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

2006 NBA Finals:

grin.gif
dirk gonna break some exercise bikes.  and i have a feeling mark cuban, who has been relatively silent, will get fined if the fts discrepancy is bad again.

tmac shut him down. but that series only proves the better team wins. dirk was a straight up ghost in that series.

tmac shut him down. but that series only proves the better team wins. dirk was a straight up ghost in that series.

Few years back you could stop him? Now? Impossible…
"He's a little creakier, but it's not like his first step was ever the key to his game. He's shooting the ball as well as he ever has. He's like a surgeon now, he just carves up anything you throw at him. [Erik] Spoelstra told me that, too -- he said the stuff [Miami] did in 2006 just doesn't work anymore."

"He's a little creakier, but it's not like his first step was ever the key to his game. He's shooting the ball as well as he ever has. He's like a surgeon now, he just carves up anything you throw at him. [Erik] Spoelstra told me that, too -- he said the stuff [Miami] did in 2006 just doesn't work anymore."

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

why? b/c he's facing guys that should be guarding legit PFs (ibaka, gasol, bynum, collison?). he's shooting 57% in the past 2 series b/c of favorable matchups, but you still have to applaud him for dominating his matchups.
he shot 45% in the first round when nicolas batum guarded him quite a bit, along w/ aldridge. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

why? b/c he's facing guys that should be guarding legit PFs (ibaka, gasol, bynum, collison?). he's shooting 57% in the past 2 series b/c of favorable matchups, but you still have to applaud him for dominating his matchups.
he shot 45% in the first round when nicolas batum guarded him quite a bit, along w/ aldridge. 

I wouldn't say T Mac was able to stop him... More of contained him. Even than that's to a certain point. Dirk with that fadeaway is just
eek.gif
sick.gif

I wouldn't say T Mac was able to stop him... More of contained him. Even than that's to a certain point. Dirk with that fadeaway is just
eek.gif
sick.gif

Dirk won the MVP in 2007, but that doesn't mean he's any worse now than he was then. He should be out of his prime years or at least exiting them, but he's not a player who relies on his athleticism to gain an advantage over his opponent... just a train that keeps going.

"You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him"

Dirk won the MVP in 2007, but that doesn't mean he's any worse now than he was then. He should be out of his prime years or at least exiting them, but he's not a player who relies on his athleticism to gain an advantage over his opponent... just a train that keeps going.

"You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him"

I think Lebron is athletic and strong enough to do a good job on him.
Plus he won't jump at #$!%+%% fadeaways...

I think Lebron is athletic and strong enough to do a good job on him.
Plus he won't jump at #$!%+%% fadeaways...

Can't stop him. The best u can do is allow him to get his and make him work on the defensive end.

Can't stop him. The best u can do is allow him to get his and make him work on the defensive end.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Y'all do realize TMAC guarded him maybe 20% of the time in that series.

Stephen Jackson locked him up IMO

Stephen Jackson balled that series.

Back
Top Bottom