The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Never understood remastering ps3/x360 games for the PS4/x1

Now if you told me that ps1/2 games are getting remastered, then I'm all for it.

Super easy for the developers my bro, especially when it's a multi-platform title originally released for both PS3/XBox 360. I think Ubisoft uses their in house Anvil game engine and there's a V2.0 of the same game engine presently. They take the GOTY or 'Complete' edition and simply recompile it and it's done.

PS1/PS2 games require more involvement, especially in the graphics/textures department.

I dont mind being able to revisit older games from the PS3 era. But I am very rarely paying anything close to full price for these remasters.

I just got the email for the GS Pro Day sale coming up soon.

Most stuff discounted is straight trash like: Madden, NBA 2K. The usual Ubisoft and EA garbage games I'll never play unless they hit PS+.

You know the saying "One man's trash another man's treasure".

Thats stay lukin on how much money and time he plays playing games like For Honor and other Ubi produced games :lol:

Classic Final Fantasy PlayStation Games Are Coming To Switch [Update: And Xbox One]
Decades after Square split from Nintendo to go to PlayStation, the classic Final Fantasy games of that era are heading to the Switch. Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2, and XII are all coming to Switch in 2019. Update, 7:12 PM Eastern: Square Enix has now said that several of these games are also on their way to Xbox One, including VII, IX, X and X-2, and XII. Final Fantasy XII will be the recent Zodiac Age remaster, and X and X-2 will be the HD remastered versions as well. I assume that VII and IX will be based on the improved PC versions, but that wasn’t stated. In addition, Square Enix also said that Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon, the 2007 Wii game, will also come to Switch. (Update: And PS4.) And so is World of Final Fantasy, as a new version called World of Final Fantasy Maxima. (Update: this is also coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC.) These join previously-announced projects Final Fantasy XV Pocket Editionand the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD remaster.That’s a lot of Final Fantasy, but I know what you’re thinking: Where’s VIII? Additionally, what about all of those Final Fantasy games that appeared on Nintendo hardware? I don’t know either.

I’m surprised that Square didn’t just port over 1-6 to Switch since they all were originally on Nintendo hardware. I’m curious to see what changed because for the longest time, there were rumors about how Sony had some sort publishing exclusivity with FF 7-12 minus 11. Also hopefully that World of FF Maxima is just an update for PS4. I still haven’t finished it and don’t plan on buying it again.

I’m surprised that Square didn’t just port over 1-6 to Switch since they all were originally on Nintendo hardware. I’m curious to see what changed because for the longest time, there were rumors about how Sony had some sort publishing exclusivity with FF 7-12 minus 11. Also hopefully that World of FF Maxima is just an update for PS4. I still haven’t finished it and don’t plan on buying it again.
Might have answered my own question

Super easy for the developers my bro, especially when it's a multi-platform title originally released for both PS3/XBox 360. I think Ubisoft uses their in house Anvil game engine and there's a V2.0 of the same game engine presently. They take the GOTY or 'Complete' edition and simply recompile it and it's done.

PS1/PS2 games require more involvement, especially in the graphics/textures department.

Yea, I understand all of that.

It's just me wishing we got games like twisted metal black Remaster instead of the last of us remastered.

Game came out like 3 months before the PS4 :lol:

You know the saying "One man's trash another man's treasure".

Thats stay lukin on how much money and time he plays playing games like For Honor and other Ubi produced games :lol:

Why you gotta? I’m not bothering anyone let me play For Honor.

I never played this because it came out while I was deployed and I just never got around to it but it seems like Resonance of Fate is getting a port/remaster.

CE1A8136-7D68-4349-9B1C-7DCC3C24EB70.jpeg

I tried... I really disliked the combat. I think I made it 3 hours in.

The one thing I do remember is the trophy list. Each picture was part of a larger, very tall image.

What a strange choice for a remaster.

Should I even bother wit kiwami

If you want the full Yakuza experience. I will say there is a noticable difference between 0 and Kiwami. There's less stuff to do and shorter than 0. Since Kiwami
is a remaster of a PS2 game and 0 was a whole new game and a prequel.

If you don't want to play Kiwami 1-2 and jump to 6, just watch youtube recaps of each game or read the yakuza wikia page. You can decide later if you want to go back and play it.

Back
Top Bottom