The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I still don't get what you mean when you say they're trying to cover up Ghost? Are you saying that they're placing it in TLOU's shadow by releasing it so close or are you saying that Ghost isn't looking that good and Sony is releasing it so close to TLOU? I ask because people have accused Sony of releasing a really good game and mediocre game close to each other. If you're talking about them being close and Ghost being in the shadow, I agree. I also still think Ghost will sell decent, if it's good. I don't know if I think TLOU is going to outsell Ghost as much as you but it'll sell a lot for sure. I think sometimes people look at TLOU numbers and forget that a lot of those sells come from bundles, same goes for Uncharted 4.
Too good to be true. I'll be happy though as these are two games I do not own. Maybe if they drop these two, it'll lead into Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring news next month.
I think GoT will be closer to a days gone than a horizon quality wise. But that’s just me personally. It’ll sell because there’s a 100 mill platform in play. But I don’t think it’ll be a particularly good game. Sucker punch has the visuals locked down, but it’s everything else for me. I remember playing second son and being utterly disappointed at how mediocre it was despite it being beautiful

Man I liked Second Son and First Light. :lol:

Still though, it's almost been 6 years since Second Son.
It'll be a tough act to follow but if Guerilla can make the jump from Killzone Shadowfall to Horizon then I think Sucker Punch can surprise us with Ghosts.

I think GoT will be closer to a days gone than a horizon quality wise. But that’s just me personally. It’ll sell because there’s a 100 mill platform in play. But I don’t think it’ll be a particularly good game. Sucker punch has the visuals locked down, but it’s everything else for me. I remember playing second son and being utterly disappointed at how mediocre it was despite it being beautiful
Are sucker punch the guys who made the infamous games? Couldn’t play that for long gave me a headache

Are sucker punch the guys who made the infamous games? Couldn’t play that for long gave me a headache
Yeah that's sucker punch... infamous didn't give me a headache but i played the infamous on PS4 for a while and stopped playing it because it just wasn't that fun

Yeah that's sucker punch... infamous didn't give me a headache but i played the infamous on PS4 for a while and stopped playing it because it just wasn't that fun
Yea with most games I finish the story at least, that one I didn’t lol.
also heavy rain is fire but it kept crashing early into the story at the same point for me, maybe I have a faulty disk :smh:

na the game was just boring to me lol :ohwell:
i know the game is critically acclaimed so im not hating on it. im sure its just me lol
I wasn't as crazy about it as everyone else was either. Gameplay was cool and robot dinosaurs are cool but I didn't care about the characters or story at all and that's a dealbreaker for me. Stopped playing after a couple hours, just couldn't get into it.

Anyone get Persona 5 royal and if so is paying full price for the game again warranted?

Last edited:
playing horizon right now

my immediate thoughts are that its super deep as someone who mainly plays cinematic games and i just played rdr2 and spiderman

im liking it, but im not used to these deep conservations

I wasn't as crazy about it as everyone else was either. Gameplay was cool and robot dinosaurs are cool but I didn't care about the characters or story at all and that's a dealbreaker for me. Stopped playing after a couple hours, just couldn't get into it.

Anyone get Persona 5 royal and if so is paying full price for the game again warranted?
it’s a new dungeon and a new character for the troupe as well as quality of life changes and more confidants

I personally didn’t feel like putting another hundred hours into it to play the same thing again but some people will

When describing HZD I always say that it’s a great boring game. I look forward to the sequel.
Yeah. You would think the setting and enemies would be engaging but nah.

Does Death Stranding get any better? Kind of getting bored.
death stranding is all about the journey, if you find yourself bored of the journey, its not going to get any better
a game that's definitely not for everybody.

Game is criminally overrated. I'm playing it right now, the mid-game is a slog so I'm stepping away from it and I've not even made it up the mountain area yet in the third act.

It's polished, the story is somewhat intriguing and the online collaboration is nice but the 'game' itself is mediocre. To unlock some of the lore and half decent items you really have to grind.

It's on the same game engine as Horizon Zero Dawn which I thought was a good game with some shortcomings but enjoyable for the most part, so I don't mind the 'open world'.

Haven't finished Horizon yet but the gameplay is what surprised me the most. I didn't think it'll be that good.
Story is good so far, hopefully it stays that way.

No disrespect - but in terms of storylines how quickly do y’all expect them to develop?

If a game can't engage me 3/4 hours in I'm not going to waste anymore time on it.
I can handle a game with a slow story start/pacing, I can't handle uninteresting.

HZD is my favorite game this generation.
I had written it off pretty bad, then I bought it and it just blew my mind.
The Frozen Wilds is dope too. Story is nuts and lore is multilayered.
Game is definitely a breath of fresh air, and I can't wait to see where they take the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom