The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

No matter what advantages Series X has over the PS5 internals, it's all about the games, and it has ALWAYS been about the games. PS3 internals was trash, Xbox was more powerful, and Sony eventually took over that race because of the games. PS4 kept it going with the games and ease of development. I see no difference here with PS5. Let them dudes praise MS over the power of the Series X, they don't have any games to talk about.

I agree with you on games and software being key, but PS3 never surpassed XBox 360. The PS3 was technically a superior machine but was somewhat harder than the Xbox 360 to develop on.

Have we found out if we can just insert NBA Street Vol. 2 or Yu Yu Hakusho: The Dark Tournment to play them on the PS5?

I agree with you on games and software being key, but PS3 never surpassed XBox 360. The PS3 was technically a superior machine but was somewhat harder than the Xbox 360 to develop on.

The Xbox 360 had some great exclusives (Saints Row, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and Naruto: The Broken Bond) were all I played during high school.

1584729160146.png

They delay my FF7 steelbook even for a day, I’ll cop off of PSN :lol:
That's the only reason why I pre-ordered from Gamestop. I wanted the steelbook.

Just read that they closed all stores in CA due to the state-wide ruling. If they are closed by the 10th, I, too, will have to go digital.

its the same philosophy as ps2 and ps3, not all ps1 games were perfectly compatible on ps2 and not all ps1 & ps2 games were perfectly compatible on ps3, they just didnt have the data back then to know "the top 100 games based on playtime"

the more i watch this cerny presentation, the more i realize how much of it went over peoples heads including mine

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony was able to go back and bring some marque PS2/1 titles to BC at a later date. I know Xbox gets a lot of hate in here but that BC program really is clutch. MS started with a few games and improved it over time, Sony could do the same if they really want to. Better late than never.

PS1/PS2 will be nice.
Probably not a priority for them with remasters being lucrative but surely MS' BC efforts may get them do something about it.

I still remember the patent to allow older games to have trophies.
If the remaster well has dried up then this could be the next step.

its the same philosophy as ps2 and ps3, not all ps1 games were perfectly compatible on ps2 and not all ps1 & ps2 games were perfectly compatible on ps3, they just didnt have the data back then to know "the top 100 games based on playtime"

the more i watch this cerny presentation, the more i realize how much of it went over peoples heads including mine

I understand it as the 100 are just games they've tested in order of popularity that will benefit from the PS5's extra power to run at better framerate/resolution.
Similar to the boost mode on PS4 pro for PS4 games that came out before the PS4 pro and didn't get a patch to take advantage of the extra power.

For the other 4000 PS4 games the vast majority will work in a legacy ps4/ps4 pro mode on the PS5 so that the games won't glitch out in PS5's native mode.

1584753385407.png

But yea you're right, if the hardware from the old console is not present in the new console then you can't guarantee every game working smoothly.

Even MS not saying 100% BC on the Xsex. No one is trying to get sued.

Last edited:
That’s not how it works. Third party developers use the pc as a basis and then down port. Most PC users don’t have SSD’s so they aren’t going to prioritize that feature at all when designing a game world. Sony first party games will but Activision doesn’t care about that when making the next call of duty.
Also your letting marketing speak get to you. SSD aren’t anything new and the Xbox also has one. Fact is the series X literally outclasses the ps5 on every front except for its SSD. So I really doubt that third parties are going to have a harder time porting their games to the stronger system that doesn’t need to be overclocked like the ps5 to get within the same ball park
REALLY

REALLY

REALLY

Stop it :stoneface:

Last edited:
Well, I tried to stay strong and wait for the PS5... but I found a pretty good deal on a used Death Stranding LE PS4 Pro so I went ahead and made the upgrade. Really wish I hadn't bought the Deluxe Edition version of the game now though, that was $80 wasted.

Think I might sell my Destiny Taken King LE PS4 for the right price, or I might throw it in a box never to be seen again... or put it in my bedroom until the PS5 comes out.

Well, I tried to stay strong and wait for the PS5... but I found a pretty good deal on a used Death Stranding LE PS4 Pro so I went ahead and made the upgrade. Really wish I hadn't bought the Deluxe Edition version of the game now though, that was $80 wasted.

Think I might sell my Destiny Taken King LE PS4 for the right price, or I might throw it in a box never to be seen again... or put it in my bedroom until the PS5 comes out.
Shame the modding community is nonexistent. This is that phase in its cycle where you experiment.
That's why I still mess heavily with the 360/PS3.

Back
Top Bottom