The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Who's done a PS4 Back Up & Restore when switching from a old lunch PS4 or Slim PS4 to a PS4 Pro ?

The back up I did said it was 161GB and it took like 4 hours. I'm more concerned about the games I have stored on a external 1 TB hard drive. I'm not sure if when I plug that into the new PS4 Pro if it will see the games or if I'll have re download everything.Which I seriously hope I don't have to do.

I also know that before trading this into GS that I need to deactivate my account on my launch PS4 console.

If you do not own this, BUY IT now!!
IMG_20170901_123412.jpg
Traded this in for $17 at GameStop, bought it right back on this deal.

Do that backup (you already did) and then MANUALLY back up your saves to the cloud for EACH game right before you switch over.

That way you are covered 100

I also forgot that earlier this year I bought this internal 2TB but never got around to upgrading my launch 500GB PS4 because Sony earlier this year or late last year put out the firmware update that let people save games to a external hard drive :lol:

But yeah definitely going to upgrade my PS4 Pro immediately after I open it out of the box with this hard drive.Has anyone on her upgraded to a 2TB internal hard drive and come close to filling it up?

Oh and yeah and if anyone is looking to upgrade that 2TB internal SSD Hybrid drive is still the best deal for price and performance and capacity compared to spending even more money on a smaller true SSD hard drive.

Somebody sell me on why I should upgrade from my launch day ps4

-Better overall performance even if you don't have a HDR 4K TV yet.
-Better built in 5GHZ WI-FI card.
-Your launch PS4 500GB is 4+ years almost 5 years old.If you haven't opened it and cleaned it out with a compressed air can and blown out the dust that builds up inside your PS4, your fan is probably loud and sounds like a jet, which your PS4 launch 500GB is close to death.
-Trade in and upgrade now to the PS4 Pro because your launch PS4 will continue to decrease in value the closer we get to the end of this console gen and closer to the PS5.
-The PS4 Pro model has USB ports in the front and back of the console the OG launch PS4 only has USB ports in the front.

Last edited:
Oh yeah Knack II drops tomorrow.

There is a demo out now:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...demo/cid=UP9000-CUSA09623_00-KNACK20000000000

I can see it now when I walk into my local GS tomorrow night to trade in my launch PS4 and pay off my and pick up my PS4 Pro Destiny 2 bundle. Some huge fan of Knack II is going to walk into the store and all of the Destiny 2 fans waiting for the 9PM PST or midnight launch will clown on the Knack 2 guy :lol:

What kinda game is Destiny? wondering if I should just cop the normal PS4 pro or the destiny bundle.

MMO shooter. I honestly have no interest in it and will flip and sell the game and all of the exclusive pre order DLC that comes with it. I really just like the look of the white PS4 Pro. The standard black PS4 Pro just looks dull & boring to me.

MMO shooter. I honestly have no interest in it and will flip and sell the game and all of the exclusive pre order DLC that comes with it. I really just like the look of the white PS4 Pro. The standard black PS4 Pro just looks dull & boring to me.
How much you letting that season pass go for :nerd:

If I didn't play the first one, should I stil be able to just hop in on Destiny 2? Not trying to cop if the learning curve is crazy lol

Someone try and talk me into getting into Destiny 2.

I played the first one for maybe a little over 2 weeks.

What's the deal with skyrim? What would you compare it too? Action based rpg similar to hzd or w3 or turn based like p5?

D1 was also trash for like 6-8 months :lol:.

Vanilla Destiny and debately The Dark Below DLC could probably be considered like an extension of the Destiny beta lol

Yeah, House of Wolves is when the game finally started settling down and building on something.......and The Taken King (along with the following free update 6 months in) basically established the quality of life foundation that makes up what Destiny 2 will be now.

So yeah, D2 should be worth a shot......even if you were annoyed by the original Destiny when it first came (literally a big ******* difference between Vanilla Destiny and the end of Destiny 1)

Back
Top Bottom