The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Trailer was butt cheeks, but the game looks gorgeous. I have full faith in R* though to deliver a quality product

:lol:

You guys should know how R* does their marketing for games. Just look at how they did it for GTA V.

This was the annoucement trailer for RDR 2. There was no way they were going to reveal any major info now when the game is 1 year away :lol:

You guys know they we'll spoon feed and slowly drop hints through videos, features & interviews with the media and gaming website, and R* themselves will drop probably 3 more official trailers leading up to the release of RDR 2 next year.

They know what they are doing when they just changed their website background banner to a red background and R* logo last Sunday and social media went crazy that day and the days leading up to today's trailer.

Last edited:
Because I don't care about mods...?

But I agree in that you could make the argument they run a lot better on Microsoft hardware.

Last edited:
BF1 isn't 60fps

What a surprise...

Nope..

Don't worry EA will proably release a patch soon when PS4 Pro drops to support 60 FPS and 4K HDR.

Thankfully I have zero interest in any of the yearly FPS game franchises.

Last edited:
What a surprise...

Nope..

Don't worry EA will proably release a patch soon when PS4 Pro drops to support 60 FPS and 4K HDR.

Thankfully I have zero interest in any of the yearly FPS game franchises.
yeah my interest in CoD and BF has waned over the years but Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stable between 40-50. Only time I noticed where it was at 60 was dropping from a parachute or standing completely still away from enemy fire. Apparently it also scales between resolutions. When the frame rate dips into the 30s

laugh.gif

You guys should know how R* does their marketing for games. Just look at how they did it for GTA V.

This was the annoucement trailer for RDR 2. There was no way they were going to reveal any major info now when the game is 1 year away
laugh.gif

You guys know they we'll spoon feed and slowly drop hints through videos, features & interviews with the media and gaming website, and R* themselves will drop probably 3 more official trailers leading up to the release of RDR 2 next year.

They know what they are doing when they just changed their website background banner to a red background and R* logo last Sunday and social media went crazy that day and the days leading up to today's trailer.

RDR debut trailer date: 5/9/09 Which told us the main character's last name.

RDR release date: 5/18/10

nerd.gif

Last edited:
[h1]Report: PS4 Slim Will Be $249.99 on Black Friday[/h1]
Released last month, the slimmer PlayStation 4 model  will reportedly be $50 off on Black Friday 2016, which falls on November 25. According to Best Black Friday, eBay has told them that the 500GB PS4 Slim bundlewith Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be $249.99 USD on Black Friday, $50 off the MSRP of $299.99 USD.

During Black Friday 2015, which was extremely successful  for Sony, the PS4 bundle with Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection was discounted to $299.99 USD.

It remains to be seen if the PS4 Pro, releasing on November 10 for $399.99 USD, will see any sort of discount or bundle on Black Friday.

Expect Black Friday flyers from the various retailers to begin appearing in a couple of weeks, where we’ll know for sure if the PS4 Slim is going down to $250.

[h1]Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1 Is Now Free on PS4 & PS3 in North America[/h1]
Telltale Games announced today that Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1: The Order of the Stone is now available for free on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 10, and iOS/Android. Currently, the PS4 and PS3 versions of The Order of the Stone are only free in North America, but they’ll go free in Europe  “soon.”

As a result of the first episode going free, the prices of the Season Passes and Adventure Pass have changed. The Season Pass (episodes 1-5) is now $19.99 USD, the Season Pass Deluxe (episodes 1-8) is now $29.99 USD, and the Adventure Pass (episodes 6-8) is now $9.99 USD.

If you don’t want all of the episodes digitally, the Minecraft: Story Mode The Complete Adventure retail disc is releasing on October 25 in North America and October 28 in Europe for consoles, packing in all eight episodes. A PC version of the retail disc will arrive “in the near future.”

Here’s the full description for Minecraft: Story Mode:
In Minecraft: Story Mode, playing as either a male or female hero named ‘Jesse,’ you’ll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond. You and your friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect; slayers of the Ender Dragon. While at EnderCon in hopes of meeting Gabriel the Warrior, Jesse’s friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and you must set out on a quest to find The Order of the Stone if you are to save your world from oblivion.

The story continues beyond the original season with three ‘Adventure Pass’ episodes, chronicling the further journeys of Jesse and friends lost in a hall of portals leading from one world to the next. Will you be able to find your way home?

RDR debut trailer date: 5/9/09 Which told us the main character's last name.
RDR release date: 5/18/10
nerd.gif

Was just about to post this :lol:. But I do see MR J's point though. R* does like to spoon feed us info, which I never had a problem with because it builds hype like crazy, but this trailer was barebones even for them

Inside PlayStation 4 Pro: How Sony made the first 4K games console

"We felt games needed a little more memory - about 10 per cent more - so we added a gigabyte of slow, conventional DRAM to the console," Cerny reveals, confirming that it's DDR3 in nature. "On a standard model, if you're switching between an application, such as Netflix, and a game, Netflix is still in system memory even when you're playing the game. We use that architecture because it allows for a very quick swap between applications. Nothing needs to be loaded, it's already in memory."

Some might say it's an extravagant use of the PS4's fast GDDR5 memory, so the extra DDR3 memory in the Pro is used to store non-critical apps, opening up more RAM for game developers.

"On PS4 Pro, we do things differently, when you stop using Netflix, we move it to the slow, conventional gigabyte of DRAM. Using that strategy frees up almost one gigabyte of the eight gigabytes of GDDR5. We use 512MB of that freed up space for games, which is to say that games can use 5.5GB instead of the five and we use most of the rest to make the PS4 Pro interface - meaning what you see when you hit the PS button - at 4K rather than the 1080p it is today."
But there was good news for owners of standard HDTVs too. Moire patterns and temporal shimmering disappear in Shadow of Mordor, giving a much cleaner presentation. Rise of the Tomb Raider's unimpressive, pixel-crawling AA solution gives way to a pristine, solid look. PS4 Pro works best with a 4K display, but there are genuine wins here for those with HDTVs and with Paragon, Tomb Raider and Mass Effect Andromeda, it's clear that key developers want to appeal to those perhaps not ready to upgrade to a 4K screen.
The triumph of Xbox 360 How Microsoft defined the modern console - and then blew it. The triumph of Xbox 360

But perhaps the biggest takeaway I had from the meeting with Mark Cerny was the insight into how Sony views the console generations. PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio have been seen as the beginning of the end of the jump to a new, more capable wave of hardware in favour of intermediate upgrades. What's clear is that Sony isn't buying into this. Cerny cites incompatibility problems, even moving between x86 CPU and AMD GPU architectures. I came away with the impression that PS5 will be a clean break, an actual generational leap as we know it. I do not feel the same about Project Scorpio, where all the indications are that Microsoft attempts to build its own Steam-like library around the Xbox brand, with games moving with you from one console to the next - and eventually, maybe even to the PC.

But in the here and now, my meeting with Mark Cerny served two purposes. On the one hand, I saw more of the PlayStation Meeting demos and more of the 1080p enhancements we can expect. On both counts, I'm still impressed by the results of this £350/$399 box. Not every title will be absolutely pristine, but we're seeing good results already and it's great to see developers investigating their own techniques for achieving presentable 4K - I'm really looking forward to seeing how Spider-Man stacks up in particular. And there will be boosts for VR games too, with hardware multi-res support that should improve performance on second-gen PSVR titles.

More in the article, including the secret sauce.

Good to hear about hte extra GB of RAM. Just waiting for SSD tests now.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...tation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

I was wondering if this was running natively in engine on PS4. I know that's normally R*'s MO, but normally they state it in the beginning of the trailer

Sony getting the marketing for RDR 2 is huge. It also means we probably won't get any Sony published games next fall :lol:

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at. Seems like Sony would just rather release their games throughout the year and rely on 3rd party during the holidays. I actually like it that way.

I think it's pretty smart.

They've got marketing rights for Red Dead 2, Destiny 2 and COD all in the fall. Why let your first party titles fight against those juggernauts.

Nier Automata, Horizon, Persona 5, Gravity Rush, Ni-Oh, Yakuza all releasing early next year so there's always a good spread throughout the year.

Back
Top Bottom