The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Vita is an underrated handheld. Sony did a terrible job marketing it and the use of expensive proprietary memory set Vita up for failure before it even launched. This thing should have been on par with 3DS in terms of sales but the lack of 3rd party support (most likely due to the low sales) really killed its chances. No Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, GTA etc. compared to PSP. I was low key hoping would do another handheld seeing as how they been doing the right things with PS4.

I was thinking Days Gone would be a 2018 game but Colin & Greg talk as if it'll be a 2017 summer or fall game. Outside of the games that were already delayed, the only game I see Sony releasing next year is God of War.

Finally tried Overwatch on the PSVR, couldn't handle the screen on large, but very much enjoyed it on the medium sized screen.  I had the TV on in the background and you could really tell the difference with input lag from the SFX and music, very delayed coming from the TV.  The PSVR headset was more 1:1, so naturally playing an FPS definitely more enjoyable.

FIFA 17 on the large screen though :wow: :wow:  I dont wanna go back.

Only gamed for ~2 hours, but i feel like I'm cross-eyed... EDIT: just checked the mirror, not cross-eyed, just ugly.

Lol @ red dead being over hyped.

Yall say the darnedest things

Ehh..

There are different type of fans when it comes to games made by R*.

Heck I still remember when RDR came out last gen. Literally that game there was barely any hype before it was released and it was mainly because Red Dead Revolver on the PS2 era wasn't a hit.RDR on PS3 gen really got big by word of mouth and after all the great reviews it got.

Heck I still remember people here on NT and friends of mine who mainly only knew R* for GTA games were saying stuff like "Man it's GTA on a horse" :lol:

Then there are the fans who only play GTA and open world games just to cause mayhem & kill people. Those are the type of people who don't get into the storyline line of a open world game like a GTA or RDR game.

Next there are the huge RPG fan guys who usually come in here and complain saying stuff like "Man GTA does nothing for me, it's not fun because people don't learn anything or the combat system is wack" :lol:

Now when it comes to GTA V here's the big difference I see. People don't like it either because they weren't satisfied with the single player mode and also because R* didn't release a big single player DLC like GTA IV had with episodes from Liberty City or they were pissed that R* held back GTA Online for 2 weeks after the game launched and weren't happy with how GTA Online had micro transactions and the money system online you had to and still have to today grind away with making money or resort to doing glitches to make money.

For me though I was happy with GTA V's story line and thought it could have been better.But GTA V and GTA Online still met the hype and I think deserved the high review scores it got.

Also don't forget NT's community on here still holds GTA San Andreas in high regard and still refer it today as the GOAT of all games :lol:

Last edited:
You typed alot and didn say much. Gta v is garbage. Red dead redemption is top 3 if not the best game of last gen. I dont care who you are or what games you like. The dlc was even doper than the og. Maybe the best dlc ever.

San andreas is still better than gta v. Gta v looks nice.....how long does that novelty last? It took them almost a year to even get their online working properly (they sat around jerking off with payouts, glitches, stopping people from repeating missions, etc.....meanwhile people were losing whole characters. Not mention the DISASTER after we unknowingly signed up to wait 2 weeks for online to even be offered.)

Again, the red dead 2 has to be flawless for me to even be interested, after the debacle of gta v, rockstar got somethin to prove...to me, at least. Gta v was easily the most disappointing (misleading) game since halo 2.

You typed alot and didn say much. Gta v is garbage. Red dead redemption is top 3 if not the best game of last gen. I dont care who you are or what games you like. The dlc was even doper than the og. Maybe the best dlc ever.

San andreas is still better than gta v. Gta v looks nice.....how long does that novelty last? It took them almost a year to even get their online working properly (they sat around jerking off with payouts, glitches, stopping people from repeating missions, etc.....meanwhile people were losing whole characters. Not mention the DISASTER after we unknowingly signed up to wait 2 weeks for online to even be offered.)

Again, the red dead 2 has to be flawless for me to even be interested, after the debacle of gta v, rockstar got somethin to prove...to me, at least. Gta v was easily the most disappointing (misleading) game since halo 2.
Damn dude you must of lost your character or something. GTA V was fine to me and not sure where all this hate is coming from

:lol:

View media item 2203289

This dude just summed up the points on my last post.

Either way people are free to have they're on opinions :lol:

To me GTA San Andreas was fun for it's time. The only thing that really set it apart from the other GTA games was just the HUGE map it had with Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.

Now IMHO still to this day the most disappointing GTA game has to be GTA IV.That game the driving mechanics and physics are terrible. The story was just to dark and got boring. I think and a lot of people on here and other message boards feel that the DLC expansions for GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City were a lot more fun and better than GTA IV itself.

Last edited:
:lol:

View media item 2203289

This dude just summed up the points on my last post.

Either way people are free to have they're on opinions :lol:

To me GTA San Andreas was fun for it's time. The only thing that really set it apart from the other GTA games was just the HUGE map it had with Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.

Now IMHO still to this day the most disappointing GTA game has to be GTA IV.That game the driving mechanics and physics are terrible. The story was just to dark and got boring. I think and a lot of people on here and other message boards feel that the DLC expansions for GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City were a lot more fun and better than GTA IV itself.
I disagree I think GTA IV for its time was very well done. I enjoyed them all and the ballad of gay tony was the only one that wasn't as dark imo the lost and damned was dark as well but I think the story in IV was way more compelling than the one in V. For me in terms of story V really didn't go anywhere for me and fell flat. the driving mechanics were okay for the time but i do agree the physics were really wonky in that one tho

FF XV getting a lot of praise in these pre-reviews. Apparently the first 15 hours are :smokin

Back
Top Bottom