The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

XBL is filled with racist 8 year olds. and that point alone makes PSN better

I invite you to read the IGN comment section during the DRM and NSA debacle.

Judging from the amount of ......."Xbone blows" "LOL PS4>Xbone" "They are gonna spy on you!!" "OMFG im switching to PS4 cause Xbone isnt for hardcore gamers like me!!"

It's safe to say most of these annoying kids will be swarming PSN for the next couple of years.

XBL is filled with racist 8 year olds. and that point alone makes PSN better

I invite you to read the IGN comment section during the DRM and NSA debacle.

Judging from the amount of ......."Xbone blows" "LOL PS4>Xbone" "They are gonna spy on you!!" "OMFG im switching to PS4 cause Xbone isnt for hardcore gamers like me!!"

It's safe to say most of these annoying kids will be swarming PSN for the next couple of years.

well were they wrong saying it? Im pretty positive everybody was saying that.

Nope, 90% of it was based on false information and teenagers jumping on the post-E3 bandwagon.

Those of us who bothered to do our own research and really compare all of the games and features available on both consoles were able to make informed opinions instead of following some trend and posting foolish and immature comments on Ign, Youtube, Facebook, etc.

Sony: PS4 losses will be nothing like those of the PS3

PlayStation business will be hurt by currency changes, but smaller investment in hardware will help avoid a repeat of last gen

Sony lost billions on the PlayStation 3 launch, and the company is determined not to see that happen again with the PlayStation 4. As reported by Bloomberg, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House assured investors in a conference call last week that history would not repeat itself.

"We will not generate anything like the losses we did for the PlayStation 3," House said. Sony CFO Masaru Kato also noted that the investment in the PS4 is "much, much smaller," a result in part of using PC-like architecture with more standard chips for the new system instead of custom hardware like the PS3's Cell processor.

However, Sony is expecting its game division to post losses due to shifts in currency exchange rates. As the Japanese yen strengthened in recent years, Sony made arrangements to pay suppliers in US currency. However, the US dollar has been gaining value over the yen this year, and is predicted to strengthen further through March. Those losses will be partially offset by the increased value of US PS4 sales, but Sony, which had previously expected its games unit to break-even for the year, now expects those earnings to "deteriorate significantly."

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1330039

Nope, 90% of it was based on false information and teenagers jumping on the post-E3 bandwagon.

Those of us who bothered to do our own research and really compare all of the games and features available on both consoles were able to make informed opinions instead of following some trend and posting foolish and immature comments on Ign, Youtube, Facebook, etc.

Okay Guy.

Last edited:

Yup drm was made up at the time. Also the camera always having to be connected was also.

Yup drm was made up at the time. Also the camera always having to be connected was also.

You're missing the point though. You mentioned PSN is better than Live because there are racist 8 year olds on Xbox.

A huge amount of kids didn't even know what DRM was. Once the DRM policy was changed, the NSA spying dilemma came. If the console doesn't require internet to function anymore, how in the world are they supposed to spy on a device that is not connected to the internet? Do you think these kids even thought about that?

Nope. Those are the kids constantly swarming comment sections on many video game related website and videos.

Guess where all those annoying kids you despise are going to? Not Xbox, thats for sure.

Sony turn to Rackspace and NASA for cloud tech

PlayStation Brings on Rackspace Talent to Help With “OpenStack Private Cloud Deployment”

The ‘power of the cloud’ has been quoted numerous times by both Microsoft and Sony as we get closer to the launch of the Xbox One and PS4. Much of the debate has focused on Microsoft’s assertion that the cloud will make the Xbox One noticeably more powerful, but many have disputed it, while Sony has said that it is possible, but limited. Meanwhile, other important cloud features include Microsoft’s cheap dedicated servers for developers – which we want on PS4 – cloud saves, and, of course, Sony’s Gaikai cloud game streaming.

So, as you can see, ‘the cloud’ will be very important next gen, which is why today’s news that PSLS has uncovered is so interesting.

Rackspace – the open cloud company that recently announced plans to partner with CERN on cloud computing – will be helping Sony out with their PlayStation cloud plans.

Lanham Napier, CEO of Rackspace, said in an earnings call (transcribed by SeekingAlpha) that Sony is now an “enterprise customer” for the company, continuing:

Sony PlayStation recently signed a services agreement with Rackspace, under which our developers and architects will be consulting and supporting the PlayStation team with their OpenStack private cloud deployment.

Elsewhere he said:

We are the Founder and a key leader of the OpenStack cloud ecosystem, and we are the leader in providing OpenStack-based private clouds.

OpenStack is a cloud computing project to “provide an infrastructure as a service”, jointly created by Rackspace and NASA, with it’s website saying:

OpenStack is a global collaboration of developers and cloud computing technologists producing the ubiquitous open source cloud computing platform for public and private clouds. The project aims to deliver solutions for all types of clouds by being simple to implement, massively scalable, and feature rich.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...help-with-openstack-private-cloud-deployment/

Do you really think the gov. or whoever would let some info like this into the hands of the public?

Snowden probably knows.

Does the PS4 have a power brick? Because that **** looks tacky as hell with that big *** box xboxone already has...

Just curious has anyone sold there old Ps3? The first backward compatible one? If so what have you gotten for it?

How was it barebones?
laugh.gif

PS Store
Video Unlimited
Music Unlimited
Life with Playstation
Crunchyroll
MLB.TV
NHL GameCenter
Netflix
Amazon Instant
Cinema Now
Crackle
Mubi
Vudu HD
Love Film
Hulu Plus
Youtube
Move.me

And ALL OF THEM are able to be used WITHOUT having a paid "gold account".
Yea I hate to say it but psn was pretty basic when it first came out.

Alot of those things listed haven't existed until recently and the canadian ps store was pretty limited.

Not to mention everyone had an xbox already so the amount of people that i actually knew that had it was pretty damn few. 
laugh.gif

Its cool though, it was FREE and we're up to speed these days now.

Gamestop gave me $70 for it but that's because it was broken. In working condition I could've gotten $1410.
Yeah I got quoted the 140 with the double trade in value. I put it on eBay with a PsP missing battery, and two controls its at about 152.00 right now hopefully it goes for more than that.

I own 2 ps3's and 2 xbox 360's 2+2 =4.. i'm considering trading the whole lot, all games included. for possibly enough game stop credit to preorder nd fully purchase both the new xbox one nd ps4.

- Lets see how this goes .. wish me luck :smokin :smokin

I own 2 ps3's and 2 xbox 360's 2+2 =4.. i'm considering trading the whole lot, all games included. for possibly enough game stop credit to preorder nd fully purchase both the new xbox one nd ps4.

- Lets see how this goes .. wish me luck
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
You might get enough to fully purchase one..
laugh.gif

Last edited:

- Lets see how this goes .. wish me luck :smokin :smokin

Good luck finding a place to pre-order, especially in NY.

You might get enough to fully purchase one..:lol:

prob not.. 140 x 4 = 560 + 7 controllers, bout 30 games

560 - 400 for ps4 :smokin

160 left over .. than the remaining games nd accessories - hopefully 150-200 from all of that -that's about 360 more or less .. add another hundred and i'll have the new xboxOne. That's fair enough :smokin :smokin

What will i be doing with 2 playstation 3's and 2 xbox's anyway, besides collecting dust lol .. like this damn nintendo wii u lol smh

Back
Top Bottom