The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

How come slamming and breaking your racket is not seen as "unsportman-like" in tennis?

This Sabalenka broad seems like the type that like to be dominated, and if you giving her wack D she'll get mad and slap you.

I didn't see the actual incident, but you only get an Unsportsmanlike Conduct warning if you actually break your racquet. Technically, you can still slam your racquet and not get a warning if you don't actually break it.

If you slam your racquet, crack it... but play the next point with that cracked racquet before changing to a new racquet, then you can, technically, get a way with not getting a warning.

Battle of the Unranked for the Championship :pimp:

*Unseeded 😅
They all have world rankings.

Anyway... really excited for this final. Really happy for this kids. They've played some incredible tennis. Emma coming thru from qualies is just 🤯🤯🤯

Didn't know there was a thread for the US Open on NT. A pleasant surprise. I try to go to the Open every year. I went to the Djokovic vs. Brooksby & Bianca vs. Sakkari matches on Labor Day.

8bcdc425abd3950f20a75fedfdd39c1fa13068e1.jpg

Nadal is my GOAT but Djokovic is easily playing the best in the world. The way he took over the match after dropping the first set was masterful. Unfortunately, I was rooting for Bianca to win it all but she ran out of steam against Sakkari.

Seeing Leylah and Raducanu run through the tournament has been great. Excellent tournament for both regardless who wins (even though I'm low key rooting for Leylah)

Debating whether or not to go to this women's final. Should be an exciting match

I’m flying out tonight. If you can, definitely go.

I love that Emma didn’t give into ESPN pressuring her to say she’s motivated by what Leylah is doing. Rennae mentioned it during the Leylah semi by saying “Emma is definitely inspired by what’s taking place right now” and Chris shot her down immediately saying, “how do you know? Did you go in the locker room and talk to her?”

Then they asked her again when she was in tunnel before coming out. She politely shut it down. And then Rennae asked her again after the match, and she shut that **** all the way down by saying “Honestly, today I wasn't thinking about anyone else except for myself.”

Trash *** network.

I only saw the post-match interview with Stubbs, but didn't know they had persisted with that narrative. 🙄
I thought that it was a great answer by Emma.

I’m flying out tonight. If you can, definitely go.

I love that Emma didn’t give into ESPN pressuring her to say she’s motivated by what Leylah is doing. Rennae mentioned it during the Leylah semi by saying “Emma is definitely inspired by what’s taking place right now” and Chris shot her down immediately saying, “how do you know? Did you go in the locker room and talk to her?”

Then they asked her again when she was in tunnel before coming out. She politely shut it down. And then Rennae asked her again after the match, and she shut that **** all the way down by saying “Honestly, today I wasn't thinking about anyone else except for myself.”

Trash *** network.

These tennis commentators have had agendas for years. Most are 🤡 at best and scumbags at worst

Yeah, that question was weird. Emma didn't need to see another teenager win to motivate herself in her match. They both seem nice but we don't even know if they like each other.

How do you not like this guy. My man. Let’s go!

Dude shoes awesome respect for his opponents, supports them all, is outspoken, and a straight g.

Good to see some other people interested in tennis on NT. Getting back into it a bit this year - seems like i gotta switch from hoops to tennis as i get older. Sunday should be great! Wish I was out there and could go to a game.

Back
Top Bottom