THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

I'm not trying to say that the dark army's aren't worth what people are asking for them. Obviously is exclusive and very rare, which drives up the value in the consumers eye.

The point I'm trying to make is just because a shoe is a 1 of 82, should that just make that shoe #1 on your list because of its rarity? Which is obviously all opinionated

Agreed.

There are two separate questions.

1. Does rarity justify extremely high prices?
2. What role should a shoe's rarity play in your desire to own them.

To me, the answer to #2 shouldn't really be higher than "a little bit" to "some."

To me, the answer to #1 is "yes, if the shoe is truly hard to find, but only to a degree"

If price truly correlated to rarity, a Glassjaw Blazer or Deftones Dunk would cost way more than virtually any Bron PE, but that's not the case.

One thing I've always said is that people who buy shoes for their exclusivity, don't really want the most exclusive shoes out there. They want stuff that's perceived as exclusive by the masses so they can get props. There are so many uneducated people in that don't know enough to recognize many truly rare shoes.

Most shoes aren't worth retail, let alone what some of these dudes ask for shoes.......

My love for armies really has nothing to do with rarity. It's a well built shoe, one of the better foams ever released IMO. If you had a pair, or held a pair, your views might change.

Don't get me wrong, of course I'd love to have a pair. I'm not saying they're ugly by any means lol

Agreed.

There are two separate questions.

1. Does rarity justify extremely high prices?
2. What role should a shoe's rarity play in your desire to own them.

To me, the answer to #2 shouldn't really be higher than "a little bit" to "some."

To me, the answer to #1 is "yes, if the shoe is truly hard to find, but only to a degree"

If price truly correlated to rarity, a Glassjaw Blazer or Deftones Dunk would cost way more than virtually any Bron PE, but that's not the case.

One thing I've always said is that people who buy shoes for their exclusivity, don't really want the most exclusive shoes out there. They want stuff that's perceived as exclusive by the masses so they can get props. There are so many uneducated people in that don't know enough to recognize many truly rare shoes.

Agreed. I have met a handful of those people at "conventions/shows" and these are the first to ask where this shoe? What about this one? You're missing this one. It's just funny sometimes. But every once and a while, there would be a genuine enthusiast and you could have an intellectual conversation with said person.

"Kids now days" haha

Fcny had a 13 in the armies for $900 late last year. Luckily I already have mine or else I'd have been forced to drop damn near 1000 after tax on em :smh:

decided to pull em out today

I've been lucky this month. found the phx suns for $150.

found these jammies for $120, no heel drag

nice flightposites. sucks that they messed up the new joints, the colorways would've been sick had they done em correctly.

flightposite j kidd mav for today

im waiting for my local spot to drop the carbons to like 100 and im all over it, they been sitting since release date

Back
Top Bottom