THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by JPZx

roll.gif
pimp.gif

Son you flip a @%@%+%! $**$# every time you see me. I really get to you, don't I?
That video of Motiejunas is like 3+ years old, I haven't seen footage of him ever since.
Like most tall Euros that come into the league, he has tremendous offensive skillset. However, he's soft and inconsistent. Y'all think he would work in the Warriors up-tempo offense?

He reminds me a little bit of this guy though
ohwell.gif
.... I don't know if that would be a smart pick but that's just me.

tskitishvili-tz-180.jpg

I see Motie more like Bargnani or Dirk

I hope he is. There's just a lot of similarities between Tsk and Motie. However, it's good that they have similarities because hopefully Motiejunas will pan out to be what Tsk was supposed to be.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by What up

This dude is SUCH a corn ball it makes me sick.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You actually think this is my real sense of humor, though

I just love infiltrating this thread and trying to make y'all more frustrated than you already are. I got responses out of six of you and all I did was post a few pictures
laugh.gif
...good stuff. That was fun. Will do again.
Spoken like a true corn ball.

This dude JPZ is a bigger corn ball than I am, and that's saying a lot.
Not with that Devean George avy!
idy97k.gif
idy97k.gif

I thought this was an interesting read.  It's hard to tell how much of it is actually true though.  Some of this stuff sounded like he was just trying to make himself look good.
[h1]For the record: Nellie talks career[/h1]

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

nba_g_dnelson2_576.jpg
Sam Forencich/NBAE/Getty ImagesDespite all the losing this season, Don Nelson sees a bright future for Stephen Curry and the Warriors.

The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame turned Don Nelson away again Monday.

Tuesday, though, could turn out to be the greatest resurrection yet for one of the NBA's true lifers.

Onewin away from becoming the NBA's all-time winningest coach, with a gameforthcoming Tuesday night against the eminently beatable WashingtonWizards, Nelson has canceled the Golden State Warriors' morningshootaround.

Reason being: Nelson has managed, through some ofwife Joy's connections, to arrange a pregame private tour of the WhiteHouse for the 23-win Warriors.

Only Nellie.

That's surely what many of his peers around the league will be saying when the story circulates.

Hailedover the years for his revolutionary offensive brain and dubbed a"matchup master" this week by Nellie Ball graduate Dirk Nowitzki,Nelson has likewise confounded rivals leaguewide with his longevity,largely through his ability to coach into a fifth decade despite hisvarious nasty battles through the years with players, owners and theestablishment ... and the fact that you have to go back to the fish-tieera in Milwaukee for his last good defensive teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Nellie-100406#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5059744&story=5059665">http://sports.espn.go.com...059744&...idth=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge
nba_a_nelsond_300.jpg

AP Photo/Elise AmendolaJust one more win and the record is yours, Nellie.

Needingjust a road win over the Wizards to surpass Lenny Wilkens' 1,332 careerregular-season victories, after a one-point win Sunday at Toronto thathad the Warriors' young players dancing a celebratory jig on the floorwith their 69-year-old boss, Nelson reflected on his colorful (andcontroversial) career and his place in coaching history in a phoneconversation with ESPN.com:

What has this season been like?

"I've never hada year like this one with so many injuries and signing all these guysout of the D-League. It's one of the few things I hadn't been throughyet. In 31 years, I've been through about everything twice, but this isnew and it's actually been a pleasant experience in spite of the factthat we've struggled.

"I've really enjoyed the year in a lot ofways. We've had to scrap for every win we've got, but it hasn't beenthis terrible thing. It's not a doggie team at all. They play hardevery night. And we found three D-League players [Anthony Tolliver,Reggie Williams and Chris Hunter] who can play in the league and Ithink be in a rotation. That in and of itself is remarkable."

Onewin away from breaking Lenny Wilkens' record for victories ... I knowyou've been saying you don't want to talk about the record but you'reso close now.

"It really means more to my friends than itdoes to me. A lot of people close to me would like to see me have it. Iknow the team has been talking about it and my players want to get itfor me and that makes me feel good. But it means more to me to just doa good job and do the best I can with what I have. My life is in order.

"Atthis point all it really means is that I've been able to coach for along time, with a lot of success along the way, but that's really allthat record says. It's just a matter of time anyway before someone elsegets it. Phil Jackson can have it any time he wants if he wants to putin the years. It's not going to take him that long."

There'ssomething else that record would say, though: Only five other coaches(Wilkens, Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan, Jackson and Larry Brown) have 1,000wins in the NBA and all five of them are in the Hall of Fame.

[h4]MOST CAREER COACHING WINS IN NBA[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Coach[/th][th=""]Wins[/th][/tr][tr][td]Don Nelson[/td][td]1,332[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lenny Wilkens*[/td][td]1,332[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pat Riley*[/td][td]1,210[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry Sloan*[/td][td]1,187[/td][/tr][tr][td]Phil Jackson*[/td][td]1,096[/td][/tr][tr][td]Larry Brown*[/td][td]1,085[/td][/tr][/table]  * All in Hall of Fame

"There was a time that the Hall of Fame was very important tome. Like with all that kind of stuff, as you get older, it's not asimportant. If I never make it, I would understand. I never thought Iwas a Hall of Fame guy. I don't think I'm a great coach. I'm a goodcoach.

"When I first had the chance to go in, I was kind ofexcited, but now that I've been skipped a few times, it's not thatimportant to me anymore. My life is going to go on. The way I look atthe Hall of Fame, it's for greatness and that ain't me."

But if you have the career wins record, how can they keep you out of the Hall of Fame?

"IfI don't get it at whatever the number was when the season started[1,309], but then I did get in because I got to 1,333, shame on them. Afew games shouldn't make a difference. If that's the thing that getsyou to the Hall of Fame, shame on them."

I'm sure you've heardthe talk about you being the wrong coach for a rebuilding team at yourage or that some people around the league think you're still coachingonly for the money. How do you respond to those things?

"Idon't listen to talk shows. I haven't listened to them for 10 years. Idon't see a lot of the stuff that's out there, but ... it depends onwho writes it. I've been hurt by [criticism], no question. [Somereporters] have been on my case about the age thing, or they think thatI don't care any more, just things that aren't true. But it depends onwho writes it more than anything. If I respect the writer, it bothersme. If I don't, I just let it run off my back.

"I think the onlything that really bothers me is that some writers in the Bay Area thinkI had something to do with Chris Mullin's demise. And that's justtotally untrue. I backed Chris all the way to the last day. When theyfinally were going to let him go, I begged them not to. I loved workingwith that guy. He's truly one of my good friends and that bothers memore than anything."

This second stint with the Warriorsstarted on such a high [with a first-round upset of the 67-win DallasMavericks]. Doesn't that make the team's current predicament harder?

"Yougotta just coach the team you have. I wish that 'up' period would havelasted longer. And maybe it could have if we kept that team together.But some of those things are out of your control. I wouldn't take thattime back for anything."

Your previous two stops [Dallas andNew York] didn't end so well, so how important to you is it to leavethe game on a positive note?

"There's only one stop where Ican't say that I had a great experience and that was New York. It washard to enjoy that team because it was kind of a selfish team -- anolder team. I only stayed about half a year and got fired, so it washard to enjoy that experience. But every other place I've been, I'vehad really great experiences."

Looking back do you regret taking the Knicks job now?

"No.It's not a regret because we loved living in New York City so much. Joyand I just had a wonderful time. But as far as coaching the team, itjust wasn't the right fit. Obviously."

So what would be your do-overs if you could have them?

"Therewere two opportunities I probably should have made happen. One was whenwe beat the Celtics in the playoffs in Milwaukee [in 1983]. They weregoing to make a coaching change. I think Bill Fitch was their coach atthe time. After the last game, Red [Auerbach] walked by and asked me,'Would you ever consider coaching the Boston Celtics?'

"I said,'Red, it would be a dream come true. But the guy's been so good to mehere, I really couldn't leave [Bucks owner] Jim Fitzgerald.' Butlooking back as a career move, that's probably something I should havedone at that point. They had a really good championship-caliber teamand that would have solved all the problems if I would have done that.K.C. Jones got that job and did a really good job and they won a fewchampionships. Looking back, I was a loyal guy because Jim Fitzgeraldwas so good to me, so I don't really regret not going. But as a careermove I probably should have.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Nellie-100406#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5059741&story=5059665">http://sports.espn.go.com...059741&...idth=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge
nba_g_nelsonwebber_200.jpg

Sam Forencich/NBAE/Getty ImagesNot everyone got along with Nellie, including C-Webb as a rook.

"Andthen the second one was when I was in Golden State and I was having allthe [Chris] Webber problems and Gregg Popovich was the GM in SanAntonio and wanted to make a change. He called me up and said, 'Can youget out of your contract and come here and be my coach?'

"It wasa great idea, because the way we were looking at it, one of us [Webberor Nelson] had to go and if I leave they can keep Webber and get a goodcoach and everything would be great. So I begged Fitz [Jim Fitzgeraldhad since bought the Warriors] to let me out of my contract, but herefused, so he and I got into a big argument.

"But he was goingto sell the team and I had to be part of the sale because I guess [newowner] Chris Cohan wanted me in place. I've often thought, if Pop wouldhave been the GM and I would have been the coach, that would have beena happy, happy time for me. But I ended up staying and we probablyended up making a bad decision on Webber [by trading him toWashington]."

Does having five championship rings as a playersoften the blow of having never won one as a coach? Or does it actuallymake it more disappointing?

"Actually you have to separatethe two. Coaching has to stand on its own. It's just totally different.The only thing that makes [not having won an NBA title as a coach]easier is that I've only had the best team one time in my coachingcareer. That was the gold-medal team [at the 1994 World Championshipsin Toronto after the original Dream Team won gold at the 1992 SummerOlympics in Barcelona].

"That is a championship. That's the onlyone. They hadn't won a gold medal in the world games in about 20 years,but we had the best team. We won the gold medal, we went 8-0 and that'sas close as I've ever been. That's different than the NBA, but that isa championship. And I think very highly of that time.

"When I'vehad the better team, I think I only failed one time [in a playoffseries]. ... Other than that, I think we've won every time we weresupposed to and a lot of times when we weren't. But that happens tocareers and to coaches where you're never able to be a Phil Jackson andhave the best team. Usually when there's a championship team, thoseteams win more than one. They stay together for a long time and have alot of success. It's just not that easy to win a title. There's not alot left over for the rest of us.

"I have to accept that and moveon. I wish I had an opportunity to coach a championship team, but I'venever had that opportunity. I've never even been to the Finals, but I'mvery happy [with my coaching career]. We've had a lot of good teams.We've had success in the playoffs. I've been in it a long time, I'vefought the fight and done the best I could do. I've been able to buildteams. I've been fortunate enough to turn things around quickly in mostplaces and that doesn't happen every day, either.

Your critics would say that you secretly preferred to be in that underdog role.

"It gives you guys something to write about."

I'vealso read some nice tributes recently -- one of them from Magic Johnson-- about your role as an innovator. How much does that mean to you whenpeople credit you for changing the game offensively?

"Somepeople like to paint me as a positive influence on the game. Somepeople like to paint me the other way. To me, I just did things thatmade sense to me to try to put the opposition in a bind.

"I justnever understood why a point guard couldn't post somebody up and why a7-footer couldn't dribble and why a 6-8 guy couldn't run your team andmake the passes. I wondered why nobody tried those kinds of things. Sowhen I had those kinds of players, I put them in those situations.

Did you secretly like it when people called you a mad scientist?

"Itwas kind of true, I guess. I did look at the game differently. It wasunconventional to some people, but a lot of it worked, [we] won a lotof games. I've only had one team that was already set [and] was alreadya good team and I screwed that team up and that was New York. Most ofthe times I've been hired, that team had won 20 games. Where I've beensuccessful is building good teams. I think if you're going to write myM.O., it's going to be that I've taken bad teams and made good ones outof them."

How much longer do you want to coach?

"One more year."

But you've said that before and kept going.

"I turn 70 this year in May. I think to retire when I'm 71 ... I think that's long enough."

Howuncertain is the future for you knowing the team just got put up forsale? The assumption is that a new owner might not bring you back nextseason.

"It's no uncertainty as far as I'm concerned. I haveone year left on my contract [at $6 million]. If they want me to stay,fine. If they don't, they can make a change. They can make a change anytime they want. I understand that. I've been hired and fired before. Iunderstand how that works."

You told me once that, at yourage, it's probably easier to coach a veteran team. But you see this asone last team you can turn around?

"I always thought that I've been a good coach for a long time and I continue to be a good coach. That ain't gonna change.

"It'snot easy to lose no matter what age you are, but I have a betterunderstanding [at this age] of what we're doing and what this year'sabout. And I think everyone does in the organization.

"There'snothing wrong with having a bad year or two as long as you capitalizeon it. If you get the right player in the draft. We got the rightplayer [Stephen Curry] in the draft last year and we have to do itagain.

"This team has to turn itself around, but I think it has anucleus to be pretty good if we get everyone healthy and have anothergood draft. We've gone through a bad year, but if we draft wisely Ithink we can start turning it [next season]."

I don't doubt that Rowell threw Mully under the bus, but I do doubt Don's account of the situation. Until I hear it from Mully, I believe no one really...

Is tonight's game being televised? I want to see how Blatche embarrasses himself and his family.

Nelson's teams for most of his 31-year coaching career have been characterized by high-octane offenses, in which players such as Chris Mullin, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash flourished and became All-Stars.
J.Kidd played for Nellie? 

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Nelson's teams for most of his 31-year coaching career have been characterized by high-octane offenses, in which players such as Chris Mullin, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash flourished and became All-Stars.
J.Kidd played for Nellie? 
Don't think so.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Is everyone's audio like 5 seconds behind this +%$! quality video?
Mine is good.

Not saying that the Wizards are going to win, but Fitz is an idiot.  2 days ago he was talking about how the Wizards are tanking.  Dumb $@$@* didn't even know that they won 2 games earlier and won that same night
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

eek.gif
Reggie Williams with two consecutive blocks!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Yeah those were nice.

McGee off the bench for half a quarter has more rebounds than the Warriors have as a team
roll.gif
pimp.gif
. This is one the team needs to lose. Now that Nelson has tied the record I'm fine with them losing, especially to a team like Wash.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Maybe we should have had shoot-around this morning and not a white house tour.

What?  That could have been the single best decision of the entire season.!  And it was probably decided by some PR guy making what Biedrins does in 2 quarters.

Hopefully the wizards keep up and get the W against the warriors. I hate that DETs been tanking so the Ws could pass them up soon too. If the Wiz win this game and if they end up with the same records as the warriors at the end of the season do they hold some type of tie breaker for better record?

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Hopefully the wizards keep up and get the W against the warriors. I hate that DETs been tanking so the Ws could pass them up soon too. If the Wiz win this game and if they end up with the same records as the warriors at the end of the season do they hold some type of tie breaker for better record?
Yeah. I think it's just some coin flip or something.

I know this is going to make me unpopular, but.........

You guys are ALL IDIOTS if you want us to lose out. So what happens when we lose out? We will (maybe) end up with a high draft pick, and pick a player with great upside and potential, only to have our ******ed head coach handle him like he normally does. Confidence shattered....buried on the bench.....upset at the organization.

If we dont win another game this season, next year will be the EXACT same as this year. Horrible team....horrible coach.....dim future. It makes me wonder if those of you who are begging for us to lose every night, have any clue whats going on with this team and organization.

Back
Top Bottom