THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm really starting to think that the team should move the pick if they don't get a top 2. Try to package it with Maggette, if possible. Monta (according to what the writers are saying) is pretty easy to move, it's just the return value that's an issue. Steinmentz said that he believes the deal for Mayo will be revisited in the summer (minus Thabeet
smh.gif
). Curry/Mayo/Azubuike wouldn't be a bad 1,2,3. Curry and Mayo can both handle the ball (sorry Monta, you can't) and pass. Azubuike is a good defender that can handle most 3's and can size up with any 2 in the NBA.

Its actually funny you say this, because IMO, if we DO land the 1 or 2 pick, I think we should move it.  I want to trade down and take Cousins.  He is exactly the kind of player we need.  Did you guys know that Hollinger's PER (the stat that everyone is in love with) was done for college players too?  You know who is number 1 in the nation?  Cousins.  You know where John Wall is?  Not in the top 100.
Just sayin....

The last thing we need is Cousins if we're stuck with Nellie. Anyone who thought AR was pouty....Cousins looks like the 2nd coming of that.

If Nellie's still the coach, it doesnt matter who the draft pick is.

It's funny how the Curry hate has change. i remembered when you guys first drafted him, this thread went bonkers.

Curry-Mayo-Buike-AR-Aldrich/Cousins both seem good imo.
Morrow-Reggie Williams-Turiaf-Tolliver + 2nd round draft pick for Corey? off the bench.

Get a coach like Avery, or Bryon Scott, thats a team right there.

Originally Posted by BangDak

It's funny how the Curry hate has change. i remembered when you guys first drafted him, this thread went bonkers.

I will be the first to admit that I was completely against the pick when it was made.  He has gone so far and beyond my expectations, its ridiculous. Before the season started, I said that Jordan Hill was better than Curry.  Now I am saying that Curry's ceiling is Steve Nash, but can actually play a little defense.  
I was 100% wrong. (there's a first time for everything right? 
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by BangDak

I will be the first to admit that I was completely against the pick when it was made.  He has gone so far and beyond my expectations, its ridiculous. Before the season started, I said that Jordan Hill was better than Curry.  Now I am saying that Curry's ceiling is Steve Nash, but can actually play a little defense.  
I was 100% wrong. (there's a first time for everything right? 
laugh.gif
)

cosign

I believe I was too....I didn't think he'd get nearly as much PT nor be as effective as he has been (which is mostly related to actually playing). If I'm wrong, well, then I'm glad.

I was very skeptical about the pick, but after watching the first preseason game, I was a believer. I remember calling my dad after the game telling him that Curry was going to be a stud.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

what would happen to randolph if we get cousins?????
Put Randolph at the 3 and actually run a big rebounding team for once.....well we would need a real coach for that.

Originally Posted by dland24

For everyone saying they are happy with Curry, please tell me if your thoughts on my opinion......

We trade Jamal Crawford because he doesnt fit our system. Then we draft Stephen Curry, who is a crappier version of Crawford.

Am I wrong?

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

I don't even know what to think anymore. I don't like the Curry pick nor do I like the Amar'e trade rumor.

And why is ESPN still using the old logo with thunder in it?

Dickie V saying Curry will be the ROY...

Originally Posted by 430AM

Golden State stay drafting 2nd rounders in the first round.
I ain't hatin on Curry but he's gonna have to match up against catslike: Parker, Paul, Davis, Billups, Williams, etc... Playin PG in thewest coastain't no joke.

This guy "co-signing"

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by 430AM

Golden State stay drafting 2nd rounders in the first round.
I ain't hatin on curry but he's gonna have to match up against catslike: Parker, Paul, Davis, Billups etc... Playin PG in the west coastain't no joke.

Im gonna have to cosign on that, he's a pure shooter, he needs to polish up his skills in every other area
tired.gif
If only Bdiddy was still in the bay area.
The warriors would easily be up there in the thick of the playoffs.

Originally Posted by DMan14

stephon curry FTW

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Am I the only one happy about drafting Curry?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Good job GS, you missed on drafting a pure PG and picked someone who reminds me alot like monta

Originally Posted by EL Flaco McFly

iwould rather them take Curry over anyone else who was left. Let's berealistic, the kid can flat out shoot...he is gonna get that greenlight here...bestoutcome we get is a Reggie 2.0...worst is him being a bust, but whatwould be new right?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

any chance we can trade for flynn or lawson?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

please no curry

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Curry won't be ROY if Nelson's going to bench him the whole year..,.

laugh.gif
I'd have to say, we all thought this at a point.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Damn I really wanted Flynn. I knew there was no way he was going to be drafted low. His stock was rising everyday.

Downboy, I thought we had a real chance, but at least we didnt getJordan Hill. Flynn wouldve been the perfect fit with Monta, becausehe's a leader on thecourt, and a true point.

Im happy with the pick, Curry was the best available player at 7.Our backcourt is quick, but they will get KILLED on defense. Talk aboutSMALL BALL.

Originally Posted by srvballer

I like the Curry pick and I'm still deciding whether or not the trade for Amare is worth it...

it seems like we would be giving up a little too much for 1 player but it would be nice to have a dominant inside presence...

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Wow we gave up biedrins... Wow. Just wow...I do not trust this organization, not that I really did before anyway
Why? You act like his offense was going to rise dramatically. Offensively, Amare is an upgrade to Goose. But still, if that is true that theW's talks are dead now that they tried to keep Curry...Idiots.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

yall better hopw you trade curry for stat ... cuz curry will be buns ...

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

Ilike the Curry pick, haha. Although it would be hard to let go of someof our players, I don't think the Amare trade would be that bad. Iagree that weare giving up too much but if you think about it, Wright and Beli areprobably not going to get much PT and they probably won't resign withus anyway. Ilove Biedrins but Amare is an upgrade.

It will be interesting to see what happens. It would be cool if wecould somehow keep both Curry and Beli and send Azubuike or someoneelse. I know Belinellican be so good. He can hit a jumper, is a willing passer, and workshard on D. If only he didn't get injured.

And last but not least:

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

alien.gif
Dudeguys I'm so drunk right now, I drank because of MichaelJackson dying and I am trying to type correctly so you guys don't thinkanything differently of me but you guys got Stephen Curry and that's sotight,STEPHEN FRICKEN CURRY. All the Mavericks got was Nick Calathes (SCRUB!)and some French dude,

I just wanted to say I love you guys, and I'm sorry if you guys think I'm stupid but I love you guys.

STEPHEN CURRY, DICKY V SAYS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

HOLLLLA!
pimp.gif

RIP Michael Jackson

I want to rock with him.
frown.gif

EDIT: I thought I shoudd erase this, but I'm gonna look at this tomorrow ad be like
smh.gif
SMH SMHx1000,
smh.gif
smh.gif
;[
smh.gif

EDIT2: Gnight Warriors off-season thread, I hope this is all adream and Michael Jordan is stil alive, this sucks dude, King of Pop,RIP..
grin.gif
frown.gif

I remember that JA post. thank god im not on there
smh.gif
laugh.gif

if i remember correctly, all i did was bash this management from taking this kid right in front of us.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Idon't think Curry's passing will translate well to the NBA, scoutingreports are much more thorough in the NBA, it might work for a while,buthe'd get locked down eventually IMO.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't take Amare if you couldn't find a PGwho could distribute, hell I bet Speedy could hold his own feedingAmare theball, he's no Nash, but still, better than nothing I suppose.

Curry, IMO, is a glorified JJ Redick, and I love JJ as an NBAplayer, he's grown leaps and bounds as a player, but Curry has somework to do, includingbulking up, and playing some D. Plus his shot selection was
sick.gif
in College. If you remember watching him he'd nail some crazy shots, but he'd be takingthe stupidest ones too.

laugh.gif
  Thank god I was in Europe when Curry was drafted and couldn't post.

I would have sounded like Dland.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Curry won't be ROY if Nelson's going to bench him the whole year..,.

laugh.gif
I'd have to say, we all thought this at a point.
Oh yeah!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm actually surprised Nelson plays Curry as much as he does. It probably coincides with the fact  that Curry's a rookie guard and not a rookie big man or maybe Dell Curry has some incriminating photo of Nelson from the past.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom