**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Meant to say pushing 50.

And what you are talking about? Did you actually LISTEN to Nas' verse on that song or were actually able to comprehend it?

"How could I sell this poison to my people's in my mind? They dumb and destroy themselves is how I rationalize"

That whole verse is not a GLORIFICATION of it and moreso of the opposite.

Meant to say pushing 50.
And what you are talking about? Did you actually LISTEN to Nas' verse on that song or were actually able to comprehend it?
"How could I sell this poison to my people's in my mind? They dumb and destroy themselves is how I rationalize"
That whole verse is not a GLORIFICATION of it and moreso of the opposite.
Is that what you said or was it making references period.

I don't hear Nas peddling drug references anymore.
Yeah thats what you said. I'm not in your head, I cant discern whether or not you are talking about glorifying or condemning it, you said you dont see Nas making drug references anymore and I linked you a 6 month old verse where he does nothing but rap about selling. Also if you're trying to make the point you're making that verse counts, you cant just say Nas' verse doesnt count cause hes condemning it Vs Hov glorifying it, it makes no difference. Drug references are drug references.

I would also like to see you address the rest of my previous post cause I'm willing to bet if I went and listened to that Nas album, I would find a lot of references to things that he more than likely was never involved in, but yet JAY-Z cant make a few coke references or drop a line about MDMA cause hes "not involved with those things". Thats an unfair standard to set against any musician. It seems like I'm trying to get at you, but I'm not, I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say about it.

Last edited:
Jay saved the song, with that said his verse was nothin' special a couple nice references hear and there

Ok...I see you want to nitpick now. I'm not about to go back and forth over minuscule BS. My point still stands. It's ridiculous for a dude that's almost 50 and rubs shoulders w/ guys like Warren Buffet and is often referenced by the president to still be talking about whipping coke and beating his case.

We can agree to disagree here.

BYE.

I might have liked "3 Kings" if it were released before "Life Is Good", but that album really enlightened me to critically think about how what a lot of these artists are talking about these days is garbage and irrelevant. Hov doo-dooed on the track with a nonchalantish gesture, something that can be heard in urgency and tone of voice. Sounds like he was twiddling his thumbs and looking around the room while rapping his verse.

Last edited:
Nas' Triple Beam Dreams verse > all of 3 Kings

And I'm a way bigger Jay fan than a Nas fan. Granted it's a different context. But I don't know, I just like hearing and feeling the effort in verses.

I just don't really get all the hype from this song. Like...none whatsoever lol.

Either way, I'm checkin out for the other stuff. Hope they're better.

3 KINGS was overhyped & overrated just like ROSS is IMO this song was very boring Jay is one of my fav MC's of all time & his verse was boring & dull but he saved this song...
mean.gif

This was a waste of a good beat NAS should have been on this song...I listened to the snippets & I gotta say this album sound like nothing special I give it a 7.5/10 just based off

snippets but nothing I heard was that great...ROSS has hit his peak dude was never that great anyway IMO dudes just started d-ridin him after BMF dropped..TRILLA is my favorite

Album from ROSS but that was before we figured out he was FAKIN THE FUNK...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 ROSS changed he is more cocky, & dude really think he is a untouchable mob boss
laugh.gif

anybody ever hear how he talks during interviews?? it kills me how dude talks like he's big issh...

Beat >>> Verses

Dre & Ross' verses were terrible. Jay's was aight, not as special as y'all hype it up to be.

Off-topic: I asked this before but didnt get a answer, who do y'all think is gonna sell more first week Ross or Meek? I seriously think meek might edge him out by about 20k

Not convinced its good news for an album when the hype single in the run up has the feature artist being destroyed by his 2 guests (and one of them was Dre!)

dudes gas anything Jay does **** was average as hell
***** sickening really the way grown men buff dude :smh:

Says the grown man with a man as his avatar.
People can't be fans? Dudes can't like a verse?

But I guess we should all be telling the based god how he could **** our chick, right?

**** ain't that serious.

You guys are ridiculous. ALL verses are incredibly average (or below in Dre's case). This dude got people brainwashed.
This ..That jay verse was bunz its crazy to see people defend another man they never met like this :smh: like cmon b ..Jay could fart on a track and dudes will cosign it to be the most epic thing ever :x

Back
Top Bottom