The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

I wish there was a dissection of all the recent Question releases, because I'm curious which ones actually do use a Hexalite cassette and which ones don't...

What's good everyone? Say these first came out during my high school days in the 90's, with that said I always wanted a pair but with working and paying other bills (yes even back then), plus the many shoes that came out, I never was able to get a pair. Anyone who has the OG pairs from the 90's or knows the answer (no pun intended) to my question (no pun intended again, LOL!), was there a leather pearlized red toe and suede/nubuck red toe pair released back in the 90's? Thank you for your time. Yes, I am on the the look out for the red toe and blue toe as well any help or direction much appriecated (yes I know late to the game for this retro, but I had too much going on at the time of the recent release. Thanks again. Peace.

My man I believe that the 'red toe' has been retroed as a suede, leather and 'pearlized leather' variant over the years. It's been a few years but I think the OG release was 'suede' only. At this stage you're going to have to hit eBay or your local Kijiji/CL for either the 'pearlized' red toe or blue toe variants. Alot of people are saying the 'red toe' quality is better than the 'blue toe' so if you have to pick one, go with the former.

I believe I have seen Iverson in pictures with both types of red toes though, but more with the leather toe, unless I am not seeing things clearly. Wasn't sure if one was a PE or limited edition or something of that nature. As far as picking one, I actually want both the red and blue toe. So if I am understanding your answer correctly, you are saying that the suede red to is the original material of the red toe from 1996?

Last edited:
1996 release in Philly was red pearlized glued (rather than stitch) toe.  Rest of the country was suede.  Retro's red toes have been largely suede since, but the 2012 was pearlized red stitched.

I believe I have seen Iverson in pictures with both types of red toes though, but more with the leather toe, unless I am not seeing things clearly. Wasn't sure if one was a PE or limited edition or something of that nature. As far as picking one, I actually want both the red and blue toe. So if I am understanding your answer correctly, you are saying that the suede red to is the original material of the red toe from 1996?

Yeah bud, the 'suede' toe was an OG GR - the leather toes could have been a PE. I can't remember too well though, it's been years. That said the 'suede' toe retro that dropped a few years ago is no where near as nice as the 'pearlized leather' retro that dropped last year.

stateside on sns or hanon releases are usually a week or two after
Just wish they would confirm that so I don't have to try to fight online for a pair as well as pay the exchange rate/shipping :/

But so much for that guess I'll be trying to buy them online then getting really frustrated and hoping the stateside release is in a week-10 days...

Just wish they would confirm that so I don't have to try to fight online for a pair as well as pay the exchange rate/shipping :/

But so much for that guess I'll be trying to buy them online then getting really frustrated and hoping the stateside release is in a week-10 days...
I got the information from the sns website. The link is in my original post. 

Back
Top Bottom