**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Those days are long gone, winter stadium was the final straw. Most people caught on to the game Ralph is playing. The resellers still taxing arent moving product, you can sense the desperation in the posts. Especially the ones who were trying to sell writsbands or take preorders. Theres no money to be made on most of these items anymore, especially not at above the already doubled MSRP... Some of the cats getting this stuff dumb early, thats another story. At the same time tho they flick it up in the pieces and then they are for sale a few posts later on another account. Homeboy drenced that new alpine jacket and Marsh jacket at lo goose and lord knows how much $$$ they want from it. ‍♂️

Word to the wise, from what ive heard was some of these dudes are into credit card fraud, so i aint ****ing with most people on ig period.

Yeah, I’m pretty lucky that I’m in the UK. Hypebeast Supreme kids with their parents credit cards hopped on the bandwagon with the original retro stadium release in 2017 and the snow beach release last year. That **** was a massive fail for them because there’s no Lo resell game here unlike you have in the states (or did have, lol). Also Ralph Lauren UK changed their returns policy, so that you’d only get store credit for ‘limited edition’ lines. So these kids ended up losing out on money by having to sell below retail, haha.

Too many people are so focussed on getting things early so that they can flex online and be the first to have pieces that are being mass produced. I’m not saying it’s not cool to get **** early or whatever, but I’m happy to wait a few months and catch something for below retail rather than paying a premium to try and impress people.

Too many people are so focussed on getting things early so that they can flex online and be the first to have pieces that are being mass produced. I’m not saying it’s not cool to get **** early or whatever, but I’m happy to wait a few months and catch something for below retail rather than paying a premium to try and impress people.

This.

8F593DE0-6BE6-4BE5-8D49-7FF955F82FA1.jpeg

Still can’t find this anywhere for retail, or close to it. :smh:

That's the battery that comes with the coats I think.

I'm in Silverthorne, CO. Stopped at this factory store 6 years ago the first time I drove through Colorado. Such beautiful scenery, though the drive makes me tense. Anyone old outlets are the best, came up on a lot of old LE stuffed I wanted. Also everyone here was complementing my denim sherpa, they must not have got it up here because even the employees said it was their first time seeing it.

20190127_195127.jpg

:lol: @ Ralph asking US what they should retro next.

When their backs against the wall and the retro's the only thing moving, this is what they resort to? Instead of drawing inspiration from past collections and making fesh new designs that pay homage. Not just thrown together.

Why would I tell them what my favorite RL piece so I can get overcharged for it from a reseller or have them intentionally f**k it up?

/rant

:lol: @ Ralph asking US what they should retro next.

When their backs against the wall and the retro's the only thing moving, this is what they resort to? Instead of drawing inspiration from past collections and making fesh new designs that pay homage. Not just thrown together.

Why would I tell them what my favorite RL piece so I can get overcharged for it from a reseller or have them intentionally f**k it up?

/rant
But yet RL won’t hirer highly creative designers actually from the culture w/ fresh ideas that would actually add onto the legacy instead of the keystone cops they have had for a few years now.

1DCC515A-FCD4-4B78-95B9-4C1ABFC96898.jpeg

1574BB71-3859-44F9-8E98-2E98AC412324.jpeg

dead stokc dead stokc I was to post this before I read your post. Didn’t even know rl was requesting like that. Lol

As soon as I saw the trapper hat in a product catalog rugby would give out in store (they also gave a a newspaper every couple of months) I did this custom back in feb 2010. Lambs wool sweater (purple horse to match up) and scarf w/ appropriately placed rugby store patches staying with the theme I was going for. Also i was not placing patches over the man & horse and just let it Rock (I did do a few but not many).i have a few pieces I did even before this one, Rl never did designs like that then you see the retro USA hood and tees that had the same layout.the ones I’m talking about that came in the hideous shades of yellow and lime green that sat on racks of Macy’s for what seems like forever till they was marked down to pennies.anytime I could get them I would double up and sometimes get more of the same patch so I could go to town.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom