**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Harlem is going to be poppin. That old school scent is in the air.

I'm proud of polo for enticing the public like this. I mean, they had to do something.

Dudes doing pre orders for the collection and prince street wristband tmrw already so I wouldn't be surprised if there's probably a few out there by now

AD074A0B-59D6-441A-88EC-05CEC9560BB5.png

I have the varsity from a season or 2 ago without the patches except the one on the chest

i like the less cluttered look but I also like this one smh

Them old head really on IG in they feelings bout this release. My goodness SMH...

Nah its the poster, Polostore thats really in his feelings about how RL is marketing this release. This man went full Rob Kardashian on RL posting memes about wristbands all week. He's hurt because Ralph cut his supply line, and many other resellers with the rollout of the stadium collection.

Them dudes gotta understand its a new generation and time man. All up in they feelings for what? its just clothing.

You would of thought these dudes had investments or some type of percentage in Ralph Lauren. I know dudes live and die by LO and people got robbed off it etc but its a bit too much. These are grown *** men crying now.

What you have to understand is that it may be a new time, but 1992 is thier generation. It was the small group of NYers of thier generation that built and preserved this RL urban culture. Yes, the grown *** men. The frustration that people are expressing comes from the simple fact that the generation that established and preserved this, are overlooked by RL during launch.

I don't feel sorry for resellers that were going to hoard these pieces, and turn around to overcharge those that really want them.

Nah its the poster, Polostore thats really in his feelings about how RL is marketing this release. This man went full Rob Kardashian on RL posting memes about wristbands all week. He's hurt because Ralph cut his supply line, and many other resellers with the rollout of the stadium collection.
What you have to understand is that it may be a new time, but 1992 is thier generation. It was the small group of NYers of thier generation that built and preserved this RL urban culture. Yes, the grown *** men. The frustration that people are expressing comes from the simple fact that the generation that established and preserved this, are overlooked by RL during launch.

I don't feel sorry for resellers that were going to hoard these pieces, and turn around to overcharge those that really want them.

Well said...those who get it..get it..those who don’t..will never understand..Lo was the fashion..hip hop was the soundtrack and NY/East Coast was the setting.

A lot of cats won’t understand it until their yeezys and supreme tees get reissued 10-20 years from now.

I believe that poster had some guarantees from his source, took a bunch of preorders, and had to refund everyone. Im sure a lot of his good customers were left very disappointed, so hes gotta echo that to an extent.

I think RL is really out of their element here in trying to figure this limited release stuff out. A lot of stores were sent merchandise with no directive and sold thru items already. Stores taking names and numbers and then throwing them in the trash. Stores not even aware if items can be ordered online or over the phone. I seriously think a lot of RL sales reps learned more about this release from their customers than their employer.

That said, i think releasing these things at jimmy jazz and other boutiques is a nod to its streetwear roots, at least an attempt at acknowledging who this is for. But the nature of a limited release and this whole hype building strategy means alot of loyal customers will end up being upset. Happens all the time with sneaker releases and stores are constantly adjusting to try to make things go more smoothly. Aside from producing more items, they cant please everyone.

But snow beach will be the same type of thing it looks like. Flagships only, although they are trying to come up with ways to make some adjustments and distribute a little more widely. It really looks as if RL is building a whole new retail distribution network. They gonna cut macys off and develop new relationships with smaller niche retailers.

Edit: And i still think all the lo life clothing, snow beach replicas and rohe hats was the impetus for ralph to push this stuff out sooner rather than later. If there was a sense of urgency in getting to market with it, that could explain, in part, the frustrating release.

Last edited:
Well said...those who get it..get it..those who don’t..will never understand..Lo was the fashion..hip hop was the soundtrack and NY/East Coast was the setting.

A lot of cats won’t understand it until their yeezys and supreme tees get reissued 10-20 years from now.
dang you painting pictures with words my man, so true

Back
Top Bottom