**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

you can definitely have it altered since the logo is just in the middle of the back of the shirt. i have an all-over graphic shirt in a M that i havent worn either, and altering that one is out of the question. will probably wear it as an overshirt. but if a S does pop up, we'll probably be duking it out on the bay lol.

yea the alteration will run into a problem when the tailor darts the back, then it will have an effect on how the back print still lays out.

sick.gif
is a good thing in this case
laugh.gif

But seriously,
sick.gif
pimp.gif
grin.gif
 you again
eyes.gif

you can definitely have it altered since the logo is just in the middle of the back of the shirt. i have an all-over graphic shirt in a M that i havent worn either, and altering that one is out of the question. will probably wear it as an overshirt. but if a S does pop up, we'll probably be duking it out on the bay lol.

If that thing ever shows up on eBay, I accept your challenge sir!

yea the alteration will run into a problem when the tailor darts the back, then it will have an effect on how the back print still lays out.

Yeah I've been hesitant to do it because they might dart it.

It would be amazing if they reconstructed it to smaller measurements, but who knows how much that would cost.

Last edited:
Anyone know the last time RL made Polo Bear caps? Just looking at some on Ebay and want to know what era they are from.

closer to a custom fit. RRL runs fitted, i dont own this one but i have a button down version. i went TTS with a S and i'd probably get a M next time around. depends on how you wear your shirts too, i dont like them super constricting.
Thanks for the info!

Yeah I've been hesitant to do it because they might dart it.

It would be amazing if they reconstructed it to smaller measurements, but who knows how much that would cost.

Darting it would be the easiest solution for the tailor.

I remember seeing two pieces that were on auction that stated they were a larger size, but tailored down to a smaller. I wanted to buy them just to see how each shirt was done and see the alteration work. That plan went out the door once the prices started approaching the market prices lol. One of the shirts had a back print, but no darting so I had to assume that the tailor somehow reconstructed it which of course is the most expensive route.

I remember seeing two pieces that were on auction that stated they were a larger size, but tailored down to a smaller. I wanted to buy them just to see how each shirt was done and see the alteration work. That plan went out the door once the prices started approaching the market prices lol. One of the shirts had a back print, but no darting so I had to assume that the tailor somehow reconstructed it which of course is the most expensive route.
I've had a lot of stuff tailored to downsize and never had them dart the back. Darting isn't mandatory for these types of alterations and IMO darting should only be used for dress shirts when worn with suits.

Last edited:
I've had a lot of stuff tailored to downsize and never had them dart the back. Darting isn't mandatory for these types of alterations and IMO darting should only be used for dress shirts when worn with suits.

what "stuff" exactly did you have tailored to downsize? did they have prints on the back? were the shirts full graphic prints? the pieces i alluded to had a huge print on the back and the other was a full print shirt. the alterations made from what i seen on these two pieces had no effect on the layout of the prints afterwards.

please elaborate when you talk about this "stuff" you had downsized where the back was never darted, and also the costs of what you had downsized vs. the costs of just darting. would you be able to post before and after pics?

I think we might have seen the same full print shirt. It looked like it was pretty well done, but who knows how it was up close.

please elaborate when you talk about this "stuff" you had downsized where the back was never darted, and also the costs of what you had downsized vs. the costs of just darting. would you be able to post before and after pics?

Also, this. Just so there's a rough idea of what it usually costs to have something downsized as opposed to darting.

Everything in flagships doesn't get posted to the webstore polo treats web sales and store sales completely seperate same with inventory and what they put up to be sold

Yeah i'm thinking these will be on the site though. The pic was from tysons corner specifically if thats more relevant.

40% off in the outlets :pimp: picked up a jacket and some pajamas :lol:

Too bad they rarely change their stock... Same **** as previous years

Back
Top Bottom