**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

does anyone know what year Chaps took the name Ralph Lauren from their logo?

i don't know whats the best way to word this lol...

or when Ralph Lauren wanted to distance the name from the lower end Chaps??

...pretty much when did they take away the name Ralph Lauren from Chaps? lol

i e

149xb84.gif

5zp2ki.gif

when in time or what years did this take place??
nerd.gif
probably at the time when people started labeling them "Coulda Had A Polo Shirt" 
laugh.gif

Vintage Polo bags. Sadly, I broke the matching umbrella that came with them.
nice duffles man!  been looking for the big one for the longest for traveling!

:lol:
True
U can say that but.
But I know LL's from queens.
Sounds like u low key " Checking" dudes.
Just be up front bout it n stop being humble bout it then if that's what u doin.

LL's from Queens? I know a bunch of lo-heads that rep Q-boro. One of my dudes I know came up in BK but now reps Q but is down with LL since early '90's and my other dude Mey reps LL cuz he got down with them early before this internet rah-rah.

I said straight up that I didn't know there were "true lo-life's" outside of Bklyn, NY. Nowadays, the "Lo-Life" tag is pretty much commercialized. But I still respect the LL name and don't rep LL or ever throw up two LL's cuz that's not me even though my collection holds weight, I never ran with them. Sure I did some dirt when I was younger, but still I don't forget that LL's would've put everyone on they back for some gear back in the day, but today is different since they are grown men, they dap you, have a drink and might offer to sell you a CD.

For LL's to commercialize it and brand it in the form of music and events, etc. is cool cuz it brings a lot of peeps together who are into Lo and they rock all of these pieces at events for some pics. I've been to an event and my dude introduced me to a few LL's including Rack but again just cuz I met them never have I thrown up 2L's or referred myself as a Lo-Life because I rock Lo. That's just me cuz I respect the Lo-Life name. Also, a lot of dudes that are in those pics aren't all true LL's, there are a lot of lo-heads that regularly go to the Lo-Life events.

That's funny. I never even knew about any official Lo-Life crew, club or whatever. We've been saying it for the longest. But I'm sure there are many people who have never heard of the NY Lo-Life's and decided to start saying it. Lets be honest, it isn't too creative. We even called our rap group the Lo-Life's back in the mid 90's and I've got tapes where we call it out many times. Our motto was "Lo-Life 4 life live life rockin Lo's". So much respect to them cats, I checked online and see they do it big, but so do we.

when in time or what years did this take place?? :nerd:

I remember being young seeing Chaps at Jcpenney and stores like that
but i remember once Chaps started doing that when they would go to major stores that you wouldnt of imagined it to be at
Sams club, costco where i vaguely remember it being labeled as Chaps and not CRL: close to 99 early 00s

Last edited:
]A Polo Sport jacket with "Polo Sport" on the chest like I've never seen before. Did they use this font on anything else? Got this around the late 90's...

Last edited:

when in time or what years did this take place?? :nerd:

I remember being young seeing Chaps at Jcpenney and stores like that
but i remember once Chaps started doing that when they would go to major stores that you wouldnt of imagined it to be at
Sams club, costco where i vaguely remember it being labeled as Chaps and not CRL: close to 99 early 00s

probably at the time when people started labeling them "Coulda Had A Polo Shirt" :lol:

lolz i probably wasn't old enough to have cared back when the transition happened... or even cared about RL for that matter. so yeah this is probably late 90s? im thinking probably early 00's or so as well

Been m.i.a for a minute but this thing of ours dont stop lol

And moorevisual and polosport, i see y'all !!!

Anybody know where I cand find these? Lost my other sock. I knew i should have bought more than one pair last winter smh.

Back
Top Bottom